A Singled Maverick Like No Other.

Bet you havn't seen this before.

13 replies to this topic

#1 Z-man12

Z-man12

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 10:40 PM

Ok well the gun I hinted at in the paint job thread is now done. I must say I am ashamed it has taken me this long to actually do something that matches up to my signature. Or comes close to some of my prop guns. So I finally got off my bum and did something with the maverick that broke on me. It is now just a simple singled maverick. It can still be opened up and worked on in theory but I would be leery of trying to get it open now.

I would like to dedicate this to Captain Slug, Direct Threat, Forsaken Angel. The three reasons I joined this site, the people who proved nerf mods could look good and still pack a punch.

Here it is. The first in a series of themes I am doing for a prop creative experiment. “The Brotherhood of Blood” side arm.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(This idea is not my own creation it is an adaptation of a gun done by an acquaintance on another site that could not fire.)

Edited by Z-man12, 17 August 2007 - 11:38 PM.

I mod nerf guns so they look good. So leave my scopes, doodads, and trinkets alone I like them. I don't mind the weight and I started out that way on toy guns and its not going to change.

#2 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 10:43 PM

Whats up with the flesh tone color? Its ugly.
Did you brass it? I brassed my firend he gets 55-63" consistently.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#3 Z-man12

Z-man12

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 10:48 PM

Whats up with the flesh tone color? Its ugly.
Did you brass it? I brassed my firend he gets 55-63" consistently.

No its just CPVCed it still gets over 40ft its more of a display gun then one I would take to a war.

The flesh tone is actualy a much more leathery tone in realy life. The flash on my camara does werid things to some colors. <_<
I mod nerf guns so they look good. So leave my scopes, doodads, and trinkets alone I like them. I don't mind the weight and I started out that way on toy guns and its not going to change.

#4 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 11:18 PM

I think you mean "dedicate," not "dictate." Either way, it's not bad. You should try using Lexan sheets (available at Home Depot, somewhere near the PEX tubing, I recall) instead of wood.

I assume the keyring on the back is there because the slide rod or the slide rod's catch broke?

Edited by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA, 17 August 2007 - 11:20 PM.

The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#5 Z-man12

Z-man12

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 11:37 PM

I think you mean "dedicate," not "dictate." Either way, it's not bad. You should try using Lexan sheets (available at Home Depot, somewhere near the PEX tubing, I recall) instead of wood.

I assume the keyring on the back is there because the slide rod or the slide rod's catch broke?

woops going to fix that spelling problem....

I would have used sheet plastic but I am all out right now and the wood gave it a bulker look which was what I was shooting for. I tried and tried to sand it down smooth but that one side just wouldn't give into my power sander and I finaly gave up.

Yup that keyring is because the slide catch on the plunger tube broke off.

#6 Coodude26

Coodude26

• Banned
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 11:37 PM

It confuses me why so many people put fake blades on dart guns, but I guess that's a matter of taste. Nice job.

#7 b00m13

b00m13

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 12:04 AM

If you want a sharp wooden edge, I'd suggest sanding it by hand. It takes a lil under an hour for shorter blades so it shouldn't be a problem, and the results will be worth it.

PS this gun reminds me of the gun used in Blade 2 (by the bald guy that plays Hellboy, it was in the scene with the sewers), except his was single pointed, and your's is more like a double pointed axe.

Edited by b00m13, 18 August 2007 - 12:07 AM.

The only place Wal-Mart exists in New York, is in our TV's.

#8 Z-man12

Z-man12

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 01:09 AM

It confuses me why so many people put fake blades on dart guns

Thats the first time I have ever done it and I have about 20-30 differnt guns I have done.

If you want a sharp wooden edge, I'd suggest sanding it by hand. It takes a lil under an hour for shorter blades so it shouldn't be a problem, and the results will be worth it.

PS this gun reminds me of the gun used in Blade 2 (by the bald guy that plays Hellboy, it was in the scene with the sewers), except his was single pointed, and your's is more like a double pointed axe.

The flash and highlighting of the paint doesn't show it but its got a decent edge on it. I used a dremmel sanding drum followed by hand sanding.

And yes the gun I based this off of is based off of the Blade 2 gun. <_< Good eye there.

#9 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 03:48 PM

It confuses me why so many people put fake blades on dart guns, but I guess that's a matter of taste. Nice job.

Same reason so many people paint them.

#10 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 04:00 PM

To Embrace the Sillynes? that's why I pant my guns...

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#11 NiteWalker

NiteWalker

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 12:58 PM

If it's an adaptation of another gun, why'd you say it's like no other? Give the guy who made the original some credit. I hope the guy doesn't mind me posting a pic of his gun, so that everyone can see his first version:

Posted Image
NEW Write-up of the DTG/At3k:
Click here
Credit to Carrtoon for the mod.

"The mother of invention is need... Who doesn't have to pelt people with foam?"

#12 Nerf Master 101

Nerf Master 101

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 01:19 PM

People paint them to make them look more realistic. A black and silver blaster looks a hell of a lot cooler than a blue, yellow, and orange one.

Either way, awesome job.

Edited by Nerf_Master 101, 20 August 2007 - 01:22 PM.

My Pokemon site: Clicky!

QUOTE(Retiate @ Aug 13 2007, 11:43 PM) View Post
I guess you have some heavy duty industrial strength toilet paper holders. Do they advise you to wear eye protection when changing rolls?

#13 Z-man12

Z-man12

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 01:23 PM

If it's an adaptation of another gun, why'd you say it's like no other? Give the guy who made the original some credit. I hope the guy doesn't mind me posting a pic of his gun, so that everyone can see his first version:

Posted Image

I know the guy who made it, I gave him credit. I even asked his permission to do something similar. .

As far as I know his doesn't shoot. So that really wouldn't count as a nerf gun now would it.

I dont think he minds you hotlinking but that is considered rude. Don't even start with me about that site the gun came off of, I know more about it then you ever will. Sorry for the rant but maby you should read all my post before you say any thing bad about them or that I don't give credit where due.

#14 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 03:06 PM

People paint them to make them look more realistic. A black and silver blaster looks a hell of a lot cooler than a blue, yellow, and orange one.

People paint them to make them look cooler. Realism is not necessarily required.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users