precisionnerfer

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 01:49 PM

I was digging at my friends house and we stumbled upon some Nerfing gem:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
I'll get some gutsy internal pics later.
I looked around but couldn't find any ID for it. Could someone help me?
It is from 1993 and has lots of scratches. I modified it a little, just with basics like AR and barrel upgrade. [only on two of them though] The spring is weird and big, and there are little pieces that couldn't take a bigger one so I skipped that. After a nice paint job I'll lube it and see how that works. At first, as you might guess, it shot arrows, but OMC PETG fits perfectly down the barrel. This gun is amazing! It can get 70ft flat. I'll show you internals later but for now I need a name for it.
Thanks
-PN

Edited by precisionnerfer, 16 August 2007 - 01:49 PM.

"Good character is something you cannot fake. And it always comes full circle at the end."
-Piney-
"It is amazing what a bit of conversation can do, as apposed to just *^$(*#*^ about it."
-AJAQ-

#2 Orange

Orange

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 02:02 PM

That's a Nerf Arrowstorm

#3 precisionnerfer

precisionnerfer

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 02:05 PM

That's a Nerf Arrowstorm

Thanks.
new question.... is it rare?
"Good character is something you cannot fake. And it always comes full circle at the end."
-Piney-
"It is amazing what a bit of conversation can do, as apposed to just *^$(*#*^ about it."
-AJAQ-

#4 King Of Nerf BANNED

King Of Nerf BANNED

• Banned
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 02:07 PM

That's a Nerf Arrowstorm

Thanks.
new question.... is it rare?

Kinda, it isn't common i will tell you that!
Shooting Things Is Fun!

#5 sporkboyofjustice

sporkboyofjustice

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 02:34 PM

I'll be a little more clear. The Arrowstorm is fairly rare but I don't think that it sees a lot of play because of the scarcity. I've never had one but supposedly it can be a force. Nice find. In short it's a multi shot springer, what's not to love about that?

#6 precisionnerfer

precisionnerfer

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 02:45 PM

I'll be a little more clear. The Arrowstorm is fairly rare but I don't think that it sees a lot of play because of the scarcity. I've never had one but supposedly it can be a force. Nice find. In short it's a multi shot springer, what's not to love about that?

Well, a maverick is a multi shot springer.... I can't say I love it though.

Nerf is doing some stupid things now, but they did even more stupid things with older guns, yet in a wider variety. This one however, has an awesome breach like system for seal. When it is loaded, you cock it back and then the plugger valve comes out of the barrel and then the turret rotates. Then, as you cock it back more, something like a trigger catch goes off and the valve goes back into the barrel for an awesome seal! I need to get some more PETG. When I do I'll show you the rest o the picks.
-Piney-
-AJAQ-

#7 monkey with a nf

monkey with a nf

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 02:46 PM

Lack of a trigger? That has to seriously hurt accuracy.
QUOTE(Pineapple @ Sep 12 2007, 03:13 PM) View Post

For maximum efficiency?

1. Pump up. Count how many pumps.

2. Keep going until you hear a loud "bang".

3. Subtract one pump from the total. Rebuild your air bladder.

There you go.

#8 precisionnerfer

precisionnerfer

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 02:51 PM

Lack of a trigger? That has to seriously hurt accuracy.

Not too bad once you get used to it. If you cock it back about 5/6 of the way it will prime, and then the last 6th will shoot, so you can have it locked and loaded and shoot it pretty accurately after that. I am seriously looking into putting a trigger on it though.
-Piney-
-AJAQ-

#9 shoeshine5

shoeshine5

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 07:17 PM

The arrowstorm is one of the best, and most underated older guns out there. First of all, the spring on this thing is huge. It can also fire two forms of ammo (not Nerfs intention at the time though.) Micro ranges go from 60-80 feet from what I remember of my old one.

As far as it lacking accuracy: that is more dependant on the player than anything. This thing can shoot straight, but you need to practice with it. The natural tendency is to pull the handle back and forth very quickly, which leads to instability. It is best used to lob shots at a group of opponents from a mid distance. Its fairly loud.

If you are looking for its value, I sold one in so-so condition last year for a little over 20.
While you are busy reading this, I am eating your sandwich.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users