What Is Your Style Of Play?

And what weaponry do you use for it?

31 replies to this topic

#26 Grenada

Grenada

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:24 PM

I am a ambush player/ rusher. My BBB works wonders in ambushs, while almost no one can dodge my magtrike. :D
If you Nerf in western washington, PM me

So you see a penguin walking down the street. Looks harmless right, so you keep on walking past him. You turn around to seem him walk away, only to find yourself staring down the barrel of a .38 revolver.

#27 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:31 PM

Just win, baby. Just win.

You know what other style you should try?
How about the one where you actually show up for a war!

Oh snap. I forgot, my real style of play is "Absent often".
2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

#28 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 05:39 PM

I just like to rule all over people. Then I rule all over their mother's faces. I guess I'd say ruling....yeah, ruling, I'll go with that.

#29 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 07:51 PM

Well, I guess you can say it's sort of a strategic style of play. I mean, to some, it comes natural. For me, it came natural. Some get trained in this at their early age. Hell, there are places to learn how to do it and hell even some, including I, partake in using our skills as a hobby in matches to see who can achieve higher in this trade if you may. And this trade/skill/talent has been a building block for engineers, combat, and even the true, gut meaning to a war. What I use is so tactically strategic, that it's stupid and almost primitive.

We have been using this tactic for years....no decades........fuck where is my since of time? We have been using this tactic for centuries maybe. Either it's hunting for out food, defending out territory from the enemy, or just for shits and grins, we use this tactic so much that I don't know why it is taught. It should be instint to us by now.

Folks, I give you, shooting. Yes! At every Nerf outing whether my backyard, upstairs, the midst of Washington D.C. or in the swamps by my old house, I make sure to have my shooting skills honed and prepared. I work my trigger finger out. I make sure to eat enough onions and carrots and whatever the hell else is said to help your eyesight so I can line that little line on my Nerf Blaster up with the target. And you don't just need to know where the trigger is and how much of a pull you need to pull off to pull that trigger either. You need to work your mind along with your muscles and body in this tactic. Say your Blaster shoots 40 feet, but your target is 50 feet away. Do you run and take the chance of losing cover, missing your one or so few shots and get hit? Or do you think it out and hey, pussy or not, do you shoot smart? You exercise your mind to determine their range with a trigonomic equation. Then, with a simple augorithm, you can calculate how much of an angle you need to put on your gun to gain that extra 10 or 11 (fot good measure) feet. So, for all those out there that devise how fast they need to run for the remainder or the game/match/round/whatever and instead not on how to fire your trusty gun....psh on you. You make my sick.

Thank you for your patranage. *sniffle*
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#30 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 10:27 PM

I try to distract my opponents by yelling "oliolioooooo!" Bonus points if you get it. They go "huh?" Then i fill them with foam. Great strategy for fighting idiots. And for the blocking, seriously, is duct taping a manta ray to a gun legal in most wars? I don't know because mine don't make sense. Thats the whole fun of it. :)

SNAKE!!!!!
JUST SHUT THE HELL UP AND STAB IT!
SNAKE!!!

metal gear solid 3: Crab battle

As so taping a mantaray to your gun, why not integrate it? the whole shooting system of it. more shots and its a manta integration. you could block.

Edited by BustaNinja, 17 July 2007 - 10:28 PM.

Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#31 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 10:55 PM

Say your Blaster shoots 40 feet, but your target is 50 feet away.

I respect your message, but would it not be prudent to carry at least one weapon that can hit 50? No need for a whole armory, but at least a NF (or better, an AT2K) in a pocket somewhere. Carrying two guns does not make you less of a man, and it helps to keep your message of "smart shooting" in perspective. :)

(If you pulled those numbers out of the air for example purposes, then never mind.)

#32 Spectre666

Spectre666

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 03:15 AM

My style varies depending on the mood I'm in. Usually I'm a heavy/allpurpose, considering how I carry just about every gun I own and a two or three hundred darts on me. If you want details, then I'll give them to you.

Just because you can't see me doesn't mean I'm not there.

"Quoth the Raven,'Nevermore.'" - Edgar Allan Poe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users