Photo

Long Range Records?

35 replies to this topic

#26 The Crackerjack Man

The Crackerjack Man

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 04:29 PM

Nice Homemade. And my long range record was also done with a homemade. At 30PSI I got 456ft. but I haven't went past that because I need to make some more darts. I'll test soon at around 50PSI.
"Wow, you realy screwed that guy over"

#27 monkey with a nf

monkey with a nf

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 09:40 AM

Bolts.niper's theoretical 200ft limit is only for standard weight, flat fired darts. Using heavier weights and an angled shot, you could get pretty much any range you wanted, assuming you had a strong and large enough tank, and a long enough barrel. Of course, then it's more like a small bore potato cannon than a nerf gun.
QUOTE(Pineapple @ Sep 12 2007, 03:13 PM) View Post

For maximum efficiency?

1. Pump up. Count how many pumps.

2. Keep going until you hear a loud "bang".

3. Subtract one pump from the total. Rebuild your air bladder.

There you go.

#28 Brass

Brass

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 02:47 PM

I've gotten 102ft with a spring replaced BBB. I've never used any air pressure guns, which is why that is my record.

Cussing, cursing, swearing, using profanity: All I have to say is why the hell not.

Because every time you do God kills a kitten.

Everytime you miss an opportunity to say 'fuck' I'm going to eat a kitten.

#29 wldworld

wldworld

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 03:01 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image
QUOTE(Dragoon @ Jun 23 2007, 02:47 PM) View Post

I broke my clippers trying to cut the spring. So I couldn't break the spring with my bare hands so I used a hammer to pound the clipper handle and one of the clippers broke off.

#30 The Crackerjack Man

The Crackerjack Man

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 03:06 PM

Bolts.niper's theoretical 200ft limit is only for standard weight, flat fired darts. Using heavier weights and an angled shot, you could get pretty much any range you wanted, assuming you had a strong and large enough tank, and a long enough barrel. Of course, then it's more like a small bore potato cannon than a nerf gun.

Yes it is as you would a small bore patatoe gun. I am a member at spudfiles and Ive been working on a gun to shoot nerf darts and as I said I did.
"Wow, you realy screwed that guy over"

#31 DeceitfulSteve

DeceitfulSteve

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 07:15 PM

Terminal velocity is only relevant for objects in free fall. Terminal velocity is the speed at which the air resistance on a falling object balances the acceleration of that object due to gravity. It would affect only the speed of a dart dropped from a high elevation, not one with an initial horizontal velocity.

#32 monkey with a nf

monkey with a nf

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 09:24 AM

Yes, it's technically incorrect. I think he was referring to the fact that an object with the drag coefficient and mass of a nerf dart has its air resistance increase faster than it's momentum once you start to hit the velocities required to fire it 200 ft (on a flat shot), which is sort of like terminal velocity.
QUOTE(Pineapple @ Sep 12 2007, 03:13 PM) View Post

For maximum efficiency?

1. Pump up. Count how many pumps.

2. Keep going until you hear a loud "bang".

3. Subtract one pump from the total. Rebuild your air bladder.

There you go.

#33 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 01:27 AM

I got a few hundred feet out of a Lock 'n Load once.

It broke when it hit the sidewalk.

That must have been a really good throw.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#34 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 04:33 AM

I never liked this thread from the start, for the kinds of answers I expected to see.

Is it that hard to carry on a conversation regarding Nerf ranges without the potato guns, scientific debates, and basic dick-waving?

Does anyone have any ability to post only what is consistent with the theme of the topic?

Probably not.

BustaNinja...you seem to be a reasonably intelligent airsoft-type. Please keep the conversations to relevant posts, something useful besides "good throw".

May I recommend signing up and registering at Nerf HQ; these kinds of comments are more welcome and appreciated for their spontaneous and non-thought out quality, than over here at the Haven. In fact, my buddies at Foam Universe (see my signature) are equally as enthused about your registration.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#35 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 08:35 AM

I realize that it probably wasn't a good idea to fuel the fire so to speak.
current best(because I only just started nerfing)

75ft with my heavily modded NF
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#36 Grenada

Grenada

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 11:33 AM

My record would probably have to be around 200'. <_< I was using my BBB modded to get 45-50' flat. I was using a streamline dart, gave the gun a boost, and the wind was with it. :mellow:
If you Nerf in western washington, PM me

So you see a penguin walking down the street. Looks harmless right, so you keep on walking past him. You turn around to seem him walk away, only to find yourself staring down the barrel of a .38 revolver.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users