Photo

Help With A Buzzbee Air Blasters Rapid Fire Tek Mod

33 replies to this topic

#1 FoamJango

FoamJango

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 07:33 PM

So first of all, I'm a new member and I'd like to say hi to all of you. And Second of all I need help with modding my Rapid Fire Tek. Yes i'm a complete n00b but if you would help me, I'd appricate it. Thanks
-FoamJango-
Arsenal: My Trusty BuzzBee Lever Action (nicknamed The Spinal Tap), NightFinder and a Maverick.

#2 The Crackerjack Man

The Crackerjack Man

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 07:41 PM

Well thank god you spell better than half of the new members.

What do you need help with on the mod. Like what part, the barrel, the motor, ect.?
"Wow, you realy screwed that guy over"

#3 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 07:45 PM

What do you need help with on the mod. Like what part, the barrel, the motor, ect.?

I think he is talking about the Rapid Fire Rifle, which doesn't have any motors.

#4 The Crackerjack Man

The Crackerjack Man

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 07:48 PM

I think he is talking about the Rapid Fire Rifle, which doesn't have any motors.

I know theres not a motor in the Rapid Fire rifle, but I thought we was talking about the motorized dart gun that Buzz Bee made. (Not the Tommy Mech 20)
"Wow, you realy screwed that guy over"

#5 Dr Moose

Dr Moose

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 07:49 PM

There are not many mods you can do to this gun, you can change it's cocking mechanism to bolt action, or mod the shells with brass or PETG. (cpvc does not work too well with this gun). You can't really add a stronger spring because where the plunger is seems very weak to me, but hey, you never know. I'd be happy if you proved me wrong and the spring could effectively be replaced.

Edited by Dr. Moose, 01 July 2007 - 07:51 PM.

QUOTE(Forsaken_angel24 @ Apr 29 2008, 01:24 AM) View Post

QUOTE(Kid Flash @ Apr 27 2008, 06:11 PM) View Post

What is the best way to go at removing a stump without any power tools? Thanks ahead of time!

Be a man! Use your hands!

#6 FoamJango

FoamJango

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 08:00 PM

Uhhhh...Actually anything that will make it shoot farther. It is kind of weak but is very trusty. I love the thing but it's sorta weak.
Arsenal: My Trusty BuzzBee Lever Action (nicknamed The Spinal Tap), NightFinder and a Maverick.

#7 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 01:39 AM

You'd probably be better off getting a Longshot. Search the Modification Directory, there is some mods that improve range I am pretty sure.

#8 FoamJango

FoamJango

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 02:17 AM

But I am always gonna use my Lever Action. There's no parting my with that. No substitutes. And besides when the price drops on the Longshot i'll probably buy it.
-FoamJango-

#9 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 12:30 PM

HI!!!

All you need to do is take a drill bit slightly larger than the hole in the back of the shells, and drill down till the post falls out. Then take a small metal rod or needle nose pliers and get out all of the junk left in there.

There. Now you can fire Stefans(sp?), and it fires about 5-10' further. You might also want to reinforce the spring catch because i hear they are prone to breaking...
Oh, and good call on the bolt action ;)

P.S. I can't find the spell check!!!
Active on H3Artificer as Halacar. GT: Halacar send me an invite if you wanna forge.
I'm amazing at Forza3! I destroyed the engine of a 2mil C car by downshifting! YAY!
I hate you. And all noobs who are like "OMFG i r liek, glued sh1t 2 shit. jak offf ma ego. NAOW!"

#10 FoamJango

FoamJango

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 02:36 PM

I know this is n00bish, But as I said i'm new. Are Stefans the regular darts that come with the regular guns?

#11 Dr Moose

Dr Moose

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 02:41 PM

No, stefans are home made darts made from FBR, hot glue, and a weight of some sort.

dartsmithing tips

Edited by Dr. Moose, 02 July 2007 - 02:43 PM.

QUOTE(Forsaken_angel24 @ Apr 29 2008, 01:24 AM) View Post

QUOTE(Kid Flash @ Apr 27 2008, 06:11 PM) View Post

What is the best way to go at removing a stump without any power tools? Thanks ahead of time!

Be a man! Use your hands!

#12 FoamJango

FoamJango

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 02:53 PM

Ah, thanks, I'll try to make a few. How much is the foam usually?

#13 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 03:10 PM

Cheap, I picked up 20 feet for $3.50

-keef

P.S. Welcome (to "The Haven")

Edited by keef, 02 July 2007 - 03:12 PM.

Timothy M-Lick <3

#14 FoamJango

FoamJango

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 05:32 PM

Wow, How many darts was that. Thanks too.
-FoamJango-

#15 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 09:48 PM

Just divide the number of inches by the length of darts. For 1 inchers its 240.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#16 FoamJango

FoamJango

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 10:19 PM

Wow dude...That rocks.

#17 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 10:27 PM

You might do a spring strech, but its risky.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#18 FoamJango

FoamJango

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 10:38 PM

How would you go about that?

#19 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 10:08 AM

How would you go about that?

Uh... Well... Here's a revolutionary idea, STRETCH THE SPRING!
Active on H3Artificer as Halacar. GT: Halacar send me an invite if you wanna forge.
I'm amazing at Forza3! I destroyed the engine of a 2mil C car by downshifting! YAY!
I hate you. And all noobs who are like "OMFG i r liek, glued sh1t 2 shit. jak offf ma ego. NAOW!"

#20 Brass

Brass

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 10:18 AM

Stretching the spring is a bad idea, you'll see a minor improvement in preformance, then the spring will return to it's normal length and preformance will suffer because the spring will have been waeakened. You're better off looking for a replacement spring.

Cussing, cursing, swearing, using profanity: All I have to say is why the hell not.

Because every time you do God kills a kitten.

Everytime you miss an opportunity to say 'fuck' I'm going to eat a kitten.

#21 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 10:23 AM

The spring is strong enough as it is. I dissected mine and looked at the internals and the stock spring is good enough.
how the heck do you make a double clip?

Here are the steps.
1. Go to the search button in the right corner of the screen
2. Click
3. Search double longshot clip.

i dont have time, jeez, im new here!

#22 FoamJango

FoamJango

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 07:45 PM

I was talking about how. :)

#23 Rover

Rover

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 11:59 PM

I personally think that the internals of the gun should be left pretty much alone. I took mine apart, and I couldn't see anything that really needed to be changed. Like Maeric said: The main modifications you need to do are to the shells that come with the gun. It is as simple as taking a drill bit that is larger than the hole in the back of the shell (I used a 3/8" dremel bit), and using it to drill straight through all the junk inside. Clean out everything left inside. When you are done, the shell should be free of all air restriction. Repeat this for each shell that you have, and be amazed at the increase in power! :) I swear, those shells must stop almost 75% of the airflow! After you do that, another thing that will increase the power of the gun is making Stefans, as was mentioned earlier. Stay safe and Nerf on!
-Rover

Edited by Rover, 04 July 2007 - 12:01 AM.

#24 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 09:37 AM

Ok, the real deal with the gun is there isn't a whole lot you can do with it. You can mod the shells, and change it to bolt action, but that's about it. In all honesty, it sucks major ass. It's one of those guns that, regardless of how much you try, it's not going to get good enough preformance to be usable in a nerf war. Not to mention mine broke after 2 months of unmodded use, it only shot 1 out of every 6 shots. It jammed way to often.
how the heck do you make a double clip?

Here are the steps.
1. Go to the search button in the right corner of the screen
2. Click
3. Search double longshot clip.

i dont have time, jeez, im new here!

#25 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 10:06 AM

Uh... WHAT? Mine shoots fine, period. I don't know, maybe I got one of those "specimen" guns, thats shoots perfectly (if you count 45ft as perfect :P ). But hey, it never jams!

And I'm pretty sure there is more you can do for it. Once i get some more brass i intend to get rid of the shells for good, and integrate some kind of air gun... Maybe an AT2K... THEN and only THEN will it own... Maybe not even then :blink:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users