#26 lionhead333

lionhead333

Aslan

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 10:54 AM

It just looks like a big pink furry cleaning tool :lol:

I suppose you could use it to blow the dust out of corners. :lol:

I have one of these... good memories... Well, I'm off to the hardware store.
Good job, Cooldude.

Edited by lionhead333, 01 July 2007 - 10:55 AM.

QUOTE(Ubermensch)
If I were you, I wouldn't mess with the mods, or make stupid mistakes like misspelling their names. I mean, CAVV is really tough on that kind of thing

Most recent write up-
Sharpshooter 2

#27 Coodude26

Coodude26

• Banned
  • 77 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 01:28 PM

It just looks like a big pink furry cleaning tool :lol:

I suppose you could use it to blow the dust out of corners. :lol:

I have one of these... good memories... Well, I'm off to the hardware store.
Good job, Cooldude.

Thanks. I did something like Axelion did. I'll get pics soon.

#28 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 01:46 PM

Sorry this took so long to add to the homemades directory, I "forgot" to put it up (in other words, I was lazy)... Anyways I am going on a 2 week road trip so don't expect me to add any homemades in that time.

Edited by six-five-two, 01 July 2007 - 01:47 PM.

#29 bored kid93

bored kid93

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 02:54 PM

I would mount that thing on one of those little kid cars that you push with your feet , use it like a NERF armored car, and pull off a NERF blitzkrieg (and not invade Poland in the process).

Edited by bored_kid93, 01 July 2007 - 03:02 PM.

I'm going to pull out this line: "Speculation is a waste of time. Just wait and see what comes of this. If anything." - Captain Slug.
Captain Slug, I couldn't have said it better.

#30 saxynerfer

saxynerfer

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 12:29 AM

That's pretty cool. I hit my cousin from nearly 90 feet in the side of the head with the one I made.

Also, I find it helpful to depress the bladder, insert my dart and let go, so the dart is suction loaded automatically.

I just usually bang mine against some sort of ananimaite object untill it eventually breaks off.

#31 Skitzo

Skitzo

• Members
  • 270 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 03 July 2007 - 03:52 PM

I would mount that thing on one of those little kid cars that you push with your feet , use it like a NERF armored car, and pull off a NERF blitzkrieg (and not invade Poland in the process).

You could duct tape the bladder to the tire and put a clip on top of the barrel. Ever time the wheel spins the gun will shoot.

Skitzo-
If soldiers were to begin to think, not one of them would remain in the army.- Frederick The Great

#32 Brass

Brass

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 05:56 PM

You could duct tape the bladder to the tire and put a clip on top of the barrel. Ever time the wheel spins the gun will shoot.

Skitzo-

Wouldn't work. You couldn't get enough power from a wheel turning.

Cussing, cursing, swearing, using profanity: All I have to say is why the hell not.

Because every time you do God kills a kitten.

Everytime you miss an opportunity to say 'fuck' I'm going to eat a kitten.

#33 Guest_yourface_*

Guest_yourface_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2007 - 06:28 PM

No, but the car - with him on it - would depress the bladder. In theory.

#34 Coodude26

Coodude26

• Banned
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 07:34 PM

Hmm, this seems like something everyone is able to create. There's like 5 people saying, "Hey that's not a bad idea. Edit: It works really well!"

Oh, and I swear I'll get a pic soon.

#35 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 10:25 PM

Seems like it only has a few cons. You look like a derenged child using it, it has a low rate of fire, and it's difficult to aim.
Alice came to the fork in the road.
"Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

#36 Coodude26

Coodude26

• Banned
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 10:25 PM

Thanks for insulting me and something that I worked hard on. You can't accurately say that it's "difficult to aim" without actually aiming it for yourself, dumbass.
Oh, and let me say this one more time:13 year old kid. 1st homemade. Not a copy off anything else.

Oh, and I'd love to see your homemade.

Edited by Coodude26, 07 July 2007 - 03:55 PM.

#37 Guest_DarkInfection_*

Guest_DarkInfection_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:55 PM

Ooohhh.... a challenge....

#38 bored kid93

bored kid93

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 01:04 PM

No, but the car - with him on it - would depress the bladder. In theory.

Do you mean with the car on the enemy. I guess that would depress some kind of bladder. Just an idea with the car thing, guys. But I guess you could find some purpose for the PDE. It's simple, and simplicity has many advantages.

Edited by bored_kid93, 07 July 2007 - 01:12 PM.

I'm going to pull out this line: "Speculation is a waste of time. Just wait and see what comes of this. If anything." - Captain Slug.
Captain Slug, I couldn't have said it better.

#39 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 05:21 PM

I think you can buy these with a SpiderMan 3 label on them at TRU. Them and a new rip of of a SM3K I do belive.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#40 Guest_DarkInfection_*

Guest_DarkInfection_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2007 - 07:57 PM

No, that was a spring-powered gun. Nerfmonky made a writeup for it.

#41 joeyaglr444

joeyaglr444

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 03:28 PM

IT reminds me of a fifty Caliber loser rifle for some reason. Anyhow why not put six or seven barrels on it...or twenty and attach it to the tube, Imagine someone walks into the room and u just step on the bladder and than twenty Stefans hit him in the chest. That would be great, sort of a shotgun. Hey that gives me an idea.
Boys Become Men....Men Become Wolves

Blaffair to Rememblack.

#42 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 04:00 PM

listen, I have used one of these things, back when they were new. They are hard to aim. And i can't imagine that the work you did on it was that hard: it's one of the simplest things i'ver seen. It only has three parts: bladder, hose, barrel. Oh, and you DO look like a deranged child when using it. It's a childs toy, and you have to jump on it to fire. I'm not saying it doesnt work, I'm saying it looks a little silly. Deal with it. And I have a few homemades, unfortunately, while they have amazing range, they don't meet my rof requirements. If you really want to see even more stupid squirtgun to nerfgun conversions, i suppose i can PM you, but it's not really worth my time. And try wearing some boxers; when you wear panties they seem to get twisted too easily.

#43 Coodude26

Coodude26

• Banned
  • 77 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 06:39 PM

zaphodB, let me say this one f***ing last time.

Years.
Old.

I don't have nearly as many resources as 90% of the people on this board do. I don't have spraypaint, I can't go cutting metal, welding, and making a gun would normally get my parents pissed. They don't like me buying nerf guns. I've only paid for one, the rest were either gifts or from my job with hasbro. I don't currently have a job, I only have about 6 bucks in my pocket, and I have about no intention to prove to you how awesome my homemade is. The fact that I was allowed to get PVC was like a gift. It's a lot harder to make a homemade when you're 13 and make about $15 dollars a month off miscellaneous jobs.

Some of your points were correct, however. the ROF is about 15-20 shots/minute, and that's assuming I have the ammo on me. I don't currently need it to shoot 30 darts at once, or make it hit a fly from 100 yards. I only nerf with my friends who don't remotely have any idea how to mod a nerf gun. So maybe 5 years from now, when I'm old enough to go to a nerf war, I'll come back to this. For now though, adding a turret or a 30" barrel would be a waste of time. Any of my guns that can shoot 30 ft without dropping are fine. When I nerf, we're all sitting behind a couple of chairs and some styrofoam.

Let me respond to your points individually: I don't need it to shoot 60 shots/minute, and you HAVEN'T fired this. It's much different than the stomp rocket kit it once was. Generally, any toy that shoots foam is going to look silly. Honestly, I have no idea why you are staring at my ass, or my non-existent panties, in those videos.

So if you're gonna be a bitch, do it elsewhere. I think I speak for everyone when I say:Go somewhere else. I really don't care.
So please, everyone else, continue with some constructive criticism, ideas, etc. Anything positive will be appreciated.

Edited by Coodude26, 09 July 2007 - 06:40 PM.

#44 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 09:34 PM

The only thing I'm going to respond to in that angst-ridden post is the fact that you missed my light hearted attempt at humor. The term "panties in a twist" means that you get riled up too easily. Basically, i was telling you to lighten up just a bit. My origional post was just as valid an oppinion as those who complimented you. It was neither an insult to you or to your gun. I merely pointed out the disadvantages that your current setup has. Positive responses, while nice, don't really get you any further to improving your foam flinging arsenal. I figured that with all the ass kissing that had already gone on, some constructive criticism would be welcome. Your immaturity to that effect has apparently proven me wrong. I'm going to tell YOU one more time (well, I guess this is the first time: pretend that I've told you before, it will make me seem more witty and clever)

This.
Is.
The.
Internet.

you can't take anything anybody says to heart. And sarcasm is a little harder to detect in text than it is in person. At any rate, next time somebody tells you something you disagree with, take a little time to decide if it's worth getting your panties in a twist (yes i used the expression again, just making sure you're paying attention) before flying off the handle.

the handle thing is another expression

Edited by zaphodB, 09 July 2007 - 09:37 PM.

#45 Coodude26

Coodude26

• Banned
  • 77 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 02:49 PM

Dude, it just makes me angry when someone comes in with nothing positive to contribute, pointing its faults (some non-existent, because aiming the new version is way different than the old stomp rocket kit it once was). You were giving criticism, which was not appreciated.Constructive criticism is what I need. Pointing out its faults does nothing. I'd love to hear your ideas of what I could do to make it better. I understand its faults. You don't even need to tell me. What I don't know is how to get around them. So if you (or anyone else) had an idea how to get around those faults, that would be great. Just tell me how.

EDIT: New pics... see first page

Edited by Coodude26, 10 July 2007 - 08:49 PM.

#46 Coodude26

Coodude26

• Banned
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 07:34 PM

Woops. Forgot that editing doesn't bump it up, so here it is. The official bump, since I changed it a lot. Hopefully I'll get a vid up soon.

#47 The Crackerjack Man

The Crackerjack Man

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 08:36 PM

With the new design it looks like a toy I've seen at target. But the one at target shoots arrows, that could be some help to you all who want to make one of these but cant find the material. Anyways those are some great ranges.
"Wow, you realy screwed that guy over"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users