Supermaxx Fuses

How to save your air guns!

5 replies to this topic

#1 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 06:07 PM

My favorite gun is the SuperMaxx 1500 and I have six that work and two that are so far gone that their internals will be recycled into an integration/home-made. I have come up with a way to save the pump from giving out and preventing the tank from losing its seal (caused by too much pressure). Ideally you just wouldn't pump your gun too many times, but for me, the temptation is always too great and I end up breaking something. Well, the easiest thing to fix that could break is the tubing that runs from the pump to the tank. If it blows, it's not hard to replace (make sure you hold the nipple with pliers when removing the "screw-clamps" or you might damage the gun beyond repair) the tubing. I've now replaced all the tubing in my supermaxx guns with low psi rated tubing so that if something is going to go it will be the tubing (rated at 50 psi). I've now blown the tubing three times without hurting any other part of the gun. Another option, if you can't access low rated tubing is to use a dremel and sand the tubing a little in one spot so that if there's too much pressure it will just blow the tubing there. The idea is to work something like a fuse in an electrical circuit, an easy breaking point to protect harder to replace parts. Hope this was helpful!

#2 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 06:13 PM

It's an interesting idea, but do you get the same ranges as with the normal tubing?
how the heck do you make a double clip?

Here are the steps.
1. Go to the search button in the right corner of the screen
2. Click
3. Search double longshot clip.

i dont have time, jeez, im new here!

#3 Axelion burnout

Axelion burnout

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 06:31 PM

This would come in handy if I ever blow out my tubing, but i never risk pumping my SM1500 more than 4 times... oh also, the title is spelled Fusses, you spelled it like a bomb fuse, good fix though!

Edited by Axelion_burnout, 27 June 2007 - 06:32 PM.

\,,/(^_^)\,,/

#4 Out To Lunch

Out To Lunch

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 07:15 PM

That's a pretty good idea. I'll take that into consideration for any future modifications / homemades I do, since my friends tend to be rather forgetful of how many times they've pumped my guns. It's led to the death of a WildFire and Supermaxx 3000 so far.

#5 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 10:15 PM

It's an interesting idea, but do you get the same ranges as with the normal tubing?

If anything it increases ranges because the larger ID of the tubing (wall thickness being constant) has less capacity for psi, so with more air capacity in the tubing, range slightly increased

oh also, the title is spelled Fusses, you spelled it like a bomb fuse, good fix though!

I spelled it like an electric fuse as in "blow a fuse." It was a simple comparison.

#6 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 03:21 AM

I think not plugging the OP valve is the best choice for saving your guns.

This is an interesting idea, though. It has its uses. I refuse to bring my Sm1500 to any wars because I know some moron is going to tickle it and start pumping it a billion times.

When I brought an SM5k to a war, I had it strapped on my back the entire time because the risk of it blowing up was just too great!
Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users