Photo

Mpcp (mass Producable Combustion Pistol)

Write up kinda with pics

40 replies to this topic

#26 bored kid93

bored kid93

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 06:30 PM

I suggest all of yous read up on the subject of combustion guns before you make your fucking know-it-all remarks.

-butt

I agree with that one. By the way, is it possible to use different barrel lengths with that without seriously changing the effect of the combustion on the NERF darts range, and ETC ? Also, I thought that long piece of PVC was the barrel.

Edited by bored_kid93, 27 June 2007 - 06:33 PM.

I'm going to pull out this line: "Speculation is a waste of time. Just wait and see what comes of this. If anything." - Captain Slug.
Captain Slug, I couldn't have said it better.

#27 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 06:41 PM

Also, I thought that long piece of PVC was the barrel.

It is. Short barrels would also not work as well, if that's what you wanted to know.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#28 Oro

Oro

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 11:03 PM

This thing would be great for a Civil War recreation or somethin'. You could turn it into a rifle and instead of blanks you shoot nerf darts. That would be awesome! I want to try this but I don't know if my dad would allow me to use a lighter and some type of gas. How large is the thing compared to a Nitefinder? Ever thought of adding a stock?

Well there is a permanent marker next to it for size comparason it but it is bigger than a nitefinder. And no I havent thought about adding a stock because it really isnt nessasary. Its fine as is.

-DTR

Oh, I didn't see that marker. :) Anyway, I just thought that adding a stock would feel more comfortable.*Well for me*
QUOTE(deaddumpster @ Jun 25 2008, 04:59 AM) View Post

Don't pry.......and gently pry it off with a flathead screwdriver.

#29 DTReaper

DTReaper

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 11:48 PM

Glad everyone liked it, thanks for the responses ask anything else you want to about the gun. O and by the way I plan on putting a writeup for my next homemade out within the week so look out for that (please no questions here about it wait till I come out with it).
Thanks

-DTR
QUOTE(VACC @ Dec 5 2008, 12:09 AM) View Post

That's it. I'm done. I'm sorry there are breasts on the Internet.

#30 Coodude26

Coodude26

• Banned
  • 77 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 06:20 PM

Did you read the entire post, Brass? He uses COMBUSTION.

Thanks DT, that helped. Dark: I'm a fucking high schooler. Do you expect me to know what combustion means?

I'm 13 going into 8th grade and I've known what combustion meant for several years. Like since I was 10.

#31 The Crackerjack Man

The Crackerjack Man

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 03:51 PM

Glad everyone liked it, thanks for the responses ask anything else you want to about the gun. O and by the way I plan on putting a writeup for my next homemade out within the week so look out for that (please no questions here about it wait till I come out with it).
Thanks

-DTR

DTR I think the write up would be great but make sure to put some kind of warning about the ignition for the gun. Because I know someone will make it and end up having somthing shatter in there face. Just a suggestion.
"Wow, you realy screwed that guy over"

#32 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 05:28 PM

It's been my personal belief that anyone willing to attempt things like this and find one of the only ways to burn, electrocute, or detonate themselves deserved it. Anyone following a decent write-up should be able to understand what is happening, why it is happening, and how to make it happen without any problems.

I'm 13 going into 8th grade and I've known what combustion meant for several years. Like since I was 10.

I've known it since I read it in a book at age 7, and understood it even better since I began making my custom Napalm variant many years ago. Pyro in practice, kids.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#33 Coodude26

Coodude26

• Banned
  • 77 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 02:35 PM

Yea, but I'm growing up in the "politically correct" age where walking to your friend's house 2 blocks away is looked down upon because in this day of child predators, idiot drivers, and getting lost occurs more often than before. The most explosive thing I've ever done was probably set off some fireworks.

Edited by Coodude26, 01 August 2007 - 08:07 PM.

#34 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 03:20 PM

Yea, but I'm growing up in the "politically correct" age where walking to your friend's house 2 blocks away cause of child predators, idiot drivers, and getting lost.

I think I speak for everybody when I say this. what?

It's a matter of vocabulary, not experience.
Alice came to the fork in the road.
"Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

#35 Coodude26

Coodude26

• Banned
  • 77 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 08:06 PM

I think I speak for everybody when I say this. what?

It's a matter of vocabulary, not experience.

Woops. Forgot a couple words.

Yea, but I'm growing up in the "politically correct" age where walking to your friend's house 2 blocks away is looked down upon because in this day of child predators, idiot drivers, and getting lost occurs more often than before. The most explosive thing I've ever done was probably set off some fireworks.

Edited by Coodude26, 01 August 2007 - 08:07 PM.

#36 Guest_yourface_*

Guest_yourface_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2007 - 08:33 PM

You necroed a topic to fix your quote? Dude. You should have just PM'd him.

#37 Noobish111

Noobish111

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 08:43 AM

The spark ignites the fuel inside the chamber. The fuel being axe or hairspray or some other flammable gas. The spark ignites it and then the force of the explosion launches the dart. yes its not practical but its fun

Is it me, or does that sound like a moderate fire hazard?

I like the idea, good range for a small gun.

#38 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 11:42 AM

The spark ignites the fuel inside the chamber. The fuel being axe or hairspray or some other flammable gas. The spark ignites it and then the force of the explosion launches the dart. yes its not practical but its fun

No it's not. Bolty made one, and he had no problems. Just like using actual firearms aren't a fire hazard. Just like driving a gasoline car isn't a fire hazard. What's to catch fire? The melting point of PVC is 212 °C. No way small semi-controlled explosion will burn the gun. I have used an angle grinder to purposely melt the PVC, and it won't catch fire. There is not enough energy to create a combustion reaction, and PVC would burn very poorly if it did catch fire.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#39 MithMorchaint

MithMorchaint

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 04:16 PM

On top of that: Potato cannons are usually made out of PVC. Never seen one catch on fire or melt, ever, and it's the exact same idea as this but...well, using potatoes instead of darts.

No, not a fire hazard unless you somehow manage to make the thing launch flames out the front directly onto something easily flammable. Slim chance.

#40 DTReaper

DTReaper

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 04:28 PM

[quote name='Prometheus' date='Aug 2 2007, 12:42 PM' post='118010']
[quote name='Noobish111' post='117987' date='Aug 2 2007, 05:43 AM']
[quote name='DTReaper' post='113168' date='Jun 26 2007, 01:50 PM']
[/quote]

[/quote]

No it's not. Bolty made one, and he had no problems. Just like using actual firearms aren't a fire hazard. Just like driving a gasoline car isn't a fire hazard. What's to catch fire? The melting point of PVC is 212 °C. No way small semi-controlled explosion will burn the gun. I have used an angle grinder to purposely melt the PVC, and it won't catch fire. There is not enough energy to create a combustion reaction, and PVC would burn very poorly if it did catch fire.
[/quote
Thanks for explaining that bit of info so I didn't have to. While bolt also made a combustion gun without realizing it he created a hybrid combustion gun meaning that while normal combustion the fuel isn't kept under pressure where as a hybrids fuel is slightly pressurized. This increases the danger alot and also improves ranges. I maybe making a prototype hybrid pistol but all testing will be done in a safe way. I may go on with that project as I already have all the parts but I have been putting it off for a while so wait for a bit and I may get around to it.

-DTR
QUOTE(VACC @ Dec 5 2008, 12:09 AM) View Post

That's it. I'm done. I'm sorry there are breasts on the Internet.

#41 bored kid93

bored kid93

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 01:36 PM

I'm sort of an enthusiast when it comes to spudguns, but the C:B ratio looks a bit unbalanced due to the small tank size and large barrel, a barrel that is a tad shorter may allow better performance due to more efficient use of the gases coming from the firing chamber. Just a suggestion.
I'm going to pull out this line: "Speculation is a waste of time. Just wait and see what comes of this. If anything." - Captain Slug.
Captain Slug, I couldn't have said it better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users