My Real Hobby...

Combat Robotics

48 replies to this topic

#26 Shralla

Shralla

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 02:21 AM

Everybody loves Jamie! Have you ever talked to him?

#27 b00m13

b00m13

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 04:12 AM

Wow, no experience needed, but I doubt I could ever make one, since I can never decide on a weapon.
There's just so many choices to pick from, I don't know how anyone can pick JUST one (Flip, Impale, Smash, Plow, Spin, Flamethrower, so many choices!!)

Seeing Jamie must have been cool, I'm gonna guess he was wearing his beret and was stoic as usual.
The only place Wal-Mart exists in New York, is in our TV's.

#28 Shralla

Shralla

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 04:34 PM

No experience needed, but I'm guessing you had a shitton of "for dummies" manuals right by your side. I know there's no way I could ever figure any of that out by myself.

#29 b00m13

b00m13

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 09:48 PM

No experience needed, but I'm guessing you had a shitton of "for dummies" manuals right by your side. I know there's no way I could ever figure any of that out by myself.

Those dummie manuals were a lil too complicated for me, is there's a "Dummies Manual for Dummies"?
The only place Wal-Mart exists in New York, is in our TV's.

#30 wintermute

wintermute

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 11:37 AM

Have you done any antweight bots?

#31 KBarker

KBarker

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 08:07 PM

Have you done any antweight bots?

Yep, they are a lot of fun for much less cash than a bigger bot. I actually prefer beetles (3 pounds) they are a little easier to work on and are heavy enough you can actually use metal frames.
-KBarker

My Fighting Robots: http://www.TeamVelocityRobotics.com/

#32 All Star

All Star

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 01:37 PM

That's awesome! :lol:
"One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish"

- DR. SEUSS

" Would you eat them on a train, would you eat them on a plane?"

- SAM I AM

#33 saxynerfer

saxynerfer

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 12:21 AM

I really liked Matilda, she had a chainsaw tail and crushing titanium fangs. When it got angry it could throw sparks out of its front. Once in a "Sumo Bot" competition a 1" by 1" titanium fang was broken. It must have taken alot of force.

I remember one episode where Sir Killilot got a bot on the end of his lance, and roasted it over one of the fire traps.

I just usually bang mine against some sort of ananimaite object untill it eventually breaks off.

#34 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 12:28 AM

Put this to good Nerf use by integrating a bunch of guns and a compressor. I was doing it, but I didn't have the time.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#35 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 08:20 PM

I can see it now. He makes it to the finals and decides to put a RF20 on the front. He starts to shoot and Sirkillalot (I think that's the one with the flamethrower...maybe the Seargant one) just scorches the darts in mid-air. Handy.

I liked the one where the flamethrower caught matilda on fire and something went wrong with the bot and it ran straight into the fire pit. It was pretty funny.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#36 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 09:00 PM

I can see it now. He makes it to the finals and decides to put a RF20 on the front. He starts to shoot and Sirkillalot (I think that's the one with the flamethrower...maybe the Seargant one) just scorches the darts in mid-air. Handy.

No, you didn't finish the story. The flaming darts go everywhere, including into the crowd of people watching, then the enitre building burns down and Kbarker has to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars in property damage. Handy AND Nifty.
how the heck do you make a double clip?

Here are the steps.
1. Go to the search button in the right corner of the screen
2. Click
3. Search double longshot clip.

i dont have time, jeez, im new here!

#37 KBarker

KBarker

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 10:27 PM

Another year, another RoboGames. I've got a new website now that I've been putting quite a bit of effort into:

www.TeamVelocityRobotics.com

I took my 60 pounder "K2" and my 120 pounder "Terminal Velocity" to this event. K2 went 6-0 and got 1st place! Terminal Velocity went 2-2 with some drive system problems, but worked well in a couple fights. If you're impatient, here are the highlights of my bots in 4 minutes flat:

Team Velocity RoboGames 2008 Montage (YouTube)

Edited by KBarker, 03 August 2008 - 09:41 PM.

-KBarker

#38 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 10:35 PM

Those motors are kick ass! Drill motors also work well and they have easy to find batteries. I can probably snag a couple of EE's to help my concept. You remember Hazard from BattleBots. That is nothing compared to what I have drawn up. It's great to have lithium ion batteries more readily available.

You must be a well paid employee of that aeronautics place.

Now that I think about it, isn't EVERYONE in the aeronautics industry well paid.

Except the chimps of course.

Edited by Lynx, 02 August 2008 - 11:38 PM.

Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#39 KBarker

KBarker

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 11:21 PM

Look at one of my robot's pages and click on "Components". It shows exactly what I have in each bot. Drill motors are an excellent option with some modification, I use them in several bots. The batteries however are generally not up to the task.
-KBarker

#40 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 12:28 AM

Lynx, you mean biohazard? If you do, you are so wrong. That's one of the most decorated bots in the competition, with more wins than anybody (except maybe ziggo). I seriously doubt you'd be able to just draw something up that would be better than it is.
Alice came to the fork in the road.
"Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

#41 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 12:36 AM

I was going to make it have a flipper.

So it can flip itself back over.

Not that you can really flip it over.

Edited by Lynx, 03 August 2008 - 12:36 AM.

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#42 KBarker

KBarker

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 01:18 AM

Biohazard was an awesome robot, as was Hazard. However, the old Battlebots machines can't beat today's machines, the technology has progressed too much in 5 years. Biohazard came back in 2005, and this is what happened:

Biohazard vs. Megabyte

Lynx, a good overall design is one thing, the successful execution of it is something else entirely.
-KBarker

#43 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 04:59 AM

I remember BattleBots. There was this one robot that had a pick axe attached to it and it spun really fast, it seemed to win all the fights. I also remember the Mcdonald's toys... which sucked.

#44 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 05:20 AM

God you sound like my FIRST mentor... B)

But, cost, availability, and practicality of getting and using part is just unreasonable for too many people.

Like me.

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#45 balisticjoe

balisticjoe

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 01:01 PM

If anyone wants to make a good battle bot an the cheap ($300) You should check out instructables or systm on i-tunes, the one when they literally tell you how to build one. For a flamethrower use a glo-plug and a constant feed of nitrocellulose. The perfect weapon is a small rare earth magnet on a pole, get it close to the enemy and fry him.
There Are No Stupid Questions, But There Are A Lot Of Inquisitive Idiots.

#46 KBarker

KBarker

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 11:23 PM

Sorry, no. Nitrocellulose is against the rules to use as flamethrower fuel (must be propane or butane) and bots are primarily made of aluminum and titanium, which is nonmagnetic.
-KBarker

#47 Boss18

Boss18

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 02:18 PM

kewl.My real hobby is always changing.Right now im playing electric guitar about 3 hours a day every day. You should configure a chainsaw on to one of those things, along with a kazoo that makes noise every time somthing is chainsawed.Effeminate!
D0 U LiK3Z /\/\UDkIpZ? http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Burnboy85 <--- Clicky Cliky!

#48 KBarker

KBarker

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 07:52 PM

New video:

Team Velocity Montage
-KBarker

#49 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 07:59 PM

Just 3 words, which I can't believe no one else has brought up: Mona Lisa Overdrive.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users