The Sequel

50 replies to this topic

#26 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 03:48 PM

The triple strike was just for a quick laugh and to make sure it was working without leaks. I've already removed it.
The Big Blast + RF20 combination isn't very heavy nor is it awkward. It's actually more comfortable to use than my singled Titan was.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#27 baseballnolan5

baseballnolan5

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 07:20 PM

You should leave the triple strike on there then shoot someone with a lbb a triple strike and 20 shots from an rf20 all at the same time. Imagine getting hit by that. :D
QUOTE View Post

About how much are you holding in the pictures on the spools?

A shit ton.

QUOTE(Langley @ Aug 6 2007, 05:41 PM) View Post

The shot hit Andy squarely in the forehead. He was, in fact, on my team.

#28 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 09:47 PM

CS, I've watched the video over 15 times, and I cannot get over it ownagenesses (sp?)!!!
I have a few questions....
What if you took 2 magstrikes with kbarker's PETG mod, and bolted 'em on the side of the Big Blast with your coupler mod, would it be pretty heavy? Or should I just try to make a Bob Ii???
And also, if I made the Bob Ii, how would you make the RF20 pump work with the backpack, I'm not that expeierence (sp) with modding to know :(. Or could I just make the RF20 pump on the side of it?
Timothy M-Lick <3

#29 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 11:59 PM

Well you could relocate the pump to the side. If you don't want to have to replace the stock trigger valve or hook it up to a tank the RF20 has to be mounted a bit lower so that the bladder compartment clears the grip on the big blast.
Posted Image
Image borrowed from elsewhere because I didn't take a picture of the stock internal configuration. If you couldn't already tell the only stock parts left in my RF20 is the piston assembly and the red tube piece that keeps the piston assembly in the correct position.

The tank allows me to ditch the bladder altogether. You can hook the tank directly up to the stock trigger valve. Or like me you can just ditch the stock trigger valve and use a valve of your choice to go inbetween the tank and the air line to the piston mechanism in the RF20.

You can do the same with a magstrike by bolting it to the side of another gun. And a minimized magstrike is a bit lighter than a minimized RF20. But the end result would probably be less ergonomic.

A very detailed thread of making a tank: http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=8234

Edited by CaptainSlug, 23 June 2007 - 12:11 AM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#30 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 11:36 AM

WOW, dude, you answered everything great!
Thanks, but I quess I'll stick with no Mag's.

-keef
Timothy M-Lick <3

#31 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 12:37 PM

That's so fucking sick I just puked. In a good way though!

You seemed to get pretty fucking awesome range with the RF20 as well. I was like WOAH when I saw this and I was like SHITLESS when I saw the movie and saw you walk out with the tank on your back.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#32 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 04:21 PM

I caved and decided to buy paint. Then Bob went all goth on me.
Posted Image

#33 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 05:19 PM

*Creamage*
Timothy M-Lick <3

#34 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 05:25 PM

CS, though I have a hatred for most full-autos, I would be honored to be shot by this thing. Beautifully done. You have given me inspiration to work on the RF20 I started over three years ago and finally do something good with it.

Good=deliciously evil
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#35 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 06:25 PM

Jesus CS, that is very impressive.
Very nice paint job but why are the barrels still unpainted?
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But Iím just not the angel you knew.

#36 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 06:35 PM

Wow!

That's just amazing. That would definitly be my Primary!
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#37 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 06:56 PM

Jesus CS, that is very impressive.
Very nice paint job but why are the barrels still unpainted?

Having clear barrels on the RF20 is very handy for monitoring how many darts are left. And I didn't paint the Big Blast Barrel because the paint I have (vinyl dye) doesn't work on hot glue.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 23 June 2007 - 07:13 PM.

#38 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 08:48 PM

Nice job CS. Oh, and thanks for ruining yet another pair of my pants *tosses pants in garbage*.

How much of an angle did you put on the RF20 to get that much range?

#39 Z-man12

Z-man12

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 11:43 PM

Oh CS that looks so much better now that it is painted. Just lovely. :huh:
I like the color scheme althogh, I never would have thought of it.

See its not that bad to paint is it?

*heres to more CS guns that are scary, cool, and well painted*
I mod nerf guns so they look good. So leave my scopes, doodads, and trinkets alone I like them. I don't mind the weight and I started out that way on toy guns and its not going to change.

#40 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 11:44 PM

Yes, paint is good.

How much of an angle did you put on the RF20 to get that much range?

No more than 10 degrees. The range is pretty evident in the video.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 24 June 2007 - 12:17 AM.

#41 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 12:15 AM

I would run.

On second thought, I would run from most of your creations.
thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#42 Dragoon

Dragoon

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 01:15 AM

I see that you have a speedloader barrel for your BB but how long does it take to reload this thing? Average time for reloading a RF20 plus two more for the speedloader barrels?

#43 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 01:42 AM

In the video I take two shots with the Big Blast so you can see the time between shots there.

#44 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 12:02 PM

Where's the flamethrower?
-I Nerf, there for I am.

QUOTE(baghead @ Oct 25 2006, 09:55 AM) View Post
Ronster reminded me that I should have warned you all Prepare your Bladder for Imminent Release!!!!

#45 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 03:12 PM

That is one bitchin' gun. And believe me, I've been saving that adjective for over two months for something cool. I've never seen a RF20 fire before, but it's so damn fast! Great work yet again.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#46 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 03:22 PM

But really. That would have worked wonders at DCNO. The big blast alone would be enough.

Point is, you wouldn't have to retreat to higher grounds or to get cover in the regular time.

With a plain RF20 you have to dhoot and run. With the BB, you have a moderate rate of fire to hold a position.

With both, you can hold a position longer or even move up until you have to reload the RF20.

#47 Shadow 92

Shadow 92

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 12:49 PM

Very nice. The paint doesn't seem excessively thick in the pics that you linked to. I guess it was just the lighting in the first picture. Just one question, where did you get Styrene?

#48 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 07:21 PM

Very nice. The paint doesn't seem excessively thick in the pics that you linked to. I guess it was just the lighting in the first picture. Just one question, where did you get Styrene?

The paint is Vinyl Dye. It recolors the plastic itself rather than simply being a surface coating.
I ordered the styrene from Mcmaster.com
Like 99% of the rest of the stuff I buy.

#49 Z-man12

Z-man12

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 10:11 PM

Thought I would say some things about styrene. Seeing as I know alot about it.

Like many other things you have to know where to look for it if you don't want to order it from the internet.

You can also get sheet styrene from hobby stores. From what I understad the best place to try is places that deal in model trains. Many people us it for detailing there landscape around their trains.

Some Hobby Lobbies (spelling?) also carry it, I dont know about the other chains though.

The place that I get it for my prop/replica work, and the place where most people that I know get it, is at your local plastics supply stores. They should have it in stock, and most likely in several different sizes. Beware though you may have to buy ALOT of it (think 8' x 4' sheets) if you want a size that they have to order or if the place has an minium size for sales orders. One thing you can do is ask if they have any spare scraps of it laying around, if your nice they most likely will sell it to you at a reduced rate because they have little call for it. If your really lucky you might even be able to get it for free.

- Thats my 2 cents.

Edit: Some grammer work. Again...

Edited by Z-man12, 27 June 2007 - 10:13 PM.

I mod nerf guns so they look good. So leave my scopes, doodads, and trinkets alone I like them. I don't mind the weight and I started out that way on toy guns and its not going to change.

#50 Spectre666

Spectre666

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 10:51 PM

Ho-ly shit! That is one of the coolest and cleanest integrations I have ever seen. Plus the paint job is awsome! If I saw that thing in a war I would run for cover. I think you have made one of the most effective weapons out there. The BB can act as a loser rifle for range, and the RF20 can be for close range assault. The ideal weapon. One question though, do you have a fast loader for the RF20? Because reloading that thing is a pain in the ass.

Just because you can't see me doesn't mean I'm not there.

"Quoth the Raven,'Nevermore.'" - Edgar Allan Poe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users