Maveric Slide Repair

With little body work

8 replies to this topic

#1 zxnam

zxnam

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 03:34 PM

First off I got this Idea from godzillasoaker65 and Frost Vectron.

All you need is:
A nail
A drill
And A cutting tool

1. Drill a hole that will fit your nail right in the middle of the 2 pieces that originally held the bar in place.
Posted Image
Posted Image
2. Cut the nail so there is ~1/4" of nail on either side of the cocking slide.
Posted Image
3. Re-wind the return spring around the nail.
Posted Image
4. Slap it all together and glue it in place. Sand the edges of the nail so you don't cut yourself or someone else.
Posted Image
Posted Image
And you're done! Congrats, your mav. works again.

#2 Texansharpshooter

Texansharpshooter

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 03:38 PM

Nice. Simple and to the point. I had a couple of people I know try this. It worked well for a while.
HERP DERP.

#3 zxnam

zxnam

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 03:45 PM

I had figured that other people had done this but I thought I would put it for people who can't figure things out by themselves.

#4 Gengar003

Gengar003

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 04:50 PM

Might I make a few suggestions?

First, if you were to slide the pin so one side was flush with the slider, and dremel off all that stuck out on the other side, you could glue one end in and then a piece of metal wouldn't be sticking out, waiting to tear fingers.

If you do decide to dremel it, don't leave it in the slider while you do - it can get hot enough to melt through the slider and maverick case. :(

Glad someone posted a writeup of this at last.
I bought Kohls.com's last two AirTech 2000s.

#5 zxnam

zxnam

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 05:51 PM

I would make it flush, but I am worried of it falling even if it is glued. I have it super glued so I dont think its coming out. If you sand it down properly it is not sharp but I will shorten it a little.

#6 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 03:51 AM

This is a good, cheaper alternative to my slide repair.

I think, though, that maybe instead of a nail, there could be some better alternatives. I do like my threaded rod + cap nuts.

Perhaps in addition to the nail, you could put some rubber grommets on top of the nail on each side to cover the metal. Also, the slide itself may start to experience cracking in its later days.
Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

#7 godzillasoaker65

godzillasoaker65

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 08:12 AM

What I would do to make it stay in is either do what Frost did, or you could find a longer nail that would be about the width of electric tape on both sides and rap a few layers of electric tape on there. You would probly even be better off with a little less than the width because then you could fold the tape downwards and get rid of any sharp edges.

#8 obtuse

obtuse

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:13 PM

After a while the nail bends. The answer to this is to extend the long oval hole on the gun where you pull back so that when you cock it, the nail is sure to pull it back. did this with a pair of scissors and a screwdriver but I'm sure there is an easier way.

#9 Tofu

Tofu

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:37 PM

When my mavrick slider broke i just put put some glue on it to fix it but this reinforces it. nice, im probally going to use it some day. oh and about my other maverick, what can be damaged by a screwdriver can be fixed with superglue.
I eat air restrictors for breakfast.

QUOTE(P.C. III @ Jan 17 2008, 12:19 PM) View Post

A great nf can beat a crummy xbow...

^BS^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users