New members, old members that don't list

36 replies to this topic

#26 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 04:40 PM

You're not around enough to see the shit that happens, and the subsequent clean up, so kindly stuff it.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#27 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 04:49 PM

How many threads that read "The party is over" "I'm cleaning up the place" posts like that have been made but little action has been followed through with them. But thats just my opinion, no disrespect to anyone.

I commend this kid for his balls and his ability to summarize a situation. It seems like whenever the front page is utilized it is for an announcement that the administrative hammer is being laid down. Don't ban this kid, I like him.
2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

#28 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 20 June 2007 - 08:26 PM

Maybe it's the fact that I've had a shit ass week at the office, but I'm willing to let that slide. Evil, you are treading on very dangerous territory. I can tolerate the usual smug attitude from vets, but if you genuinely think there is a problem with the way things are handled here, why not worry about "your" own forums. This and your asinine attempts at recording your hits/lives is really starting to bug me. What happened to the game we all loved?
I hate you.

#29 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 11:35 PM

Maybe my last post didn't come off as light and silly as I wanted it to. I don't care how you guys run this place, it runs fine as far as I'm concerned but I thought the kid had a point and that it was funny. What made it noteworthy was how few posts he has.

I can't believe I'm "treading on very dangerous territory", I've done nothing wrong. But I'm sure this tension will all pass easy enough. We're all big boys here.

Edited by Evil, 20 June 2007 - 11:36 PM.

#30 Bone

Bone

• Banned
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 11:52 PM

In conjunction with my previous post I have one last and possibly final point. I was wondering do you mods/admins/ass kissing overloards something or other, do you just pop a post up on the front page when ever you need a little good old ass kissing? Read "Oh I totally agree with you , your so awsome thanks for doing that, we definitly needed it you saved the day, that was becoming a problem your teh man!". Anyway just a question for you.

P.S. I usually just start to Insult the fuck out of the nearest bystander, Works like a charm. But to each his own.
No.

#31 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 12:24 AM

In conjunction with my previous post I have one last and possibly final point. I was wondering do you mods/admins/ass kissing overloards something or other, do you just pop a post up on the front page when ever you need a little good old ass kissing? Read "Oh I totally agree with you , your so awsome thanks for doing that, we definitly needed it you saved the day, that was becoming a problem your teh man!". Anyway just a question for you.

P.S. I usually just start to Insult the fuck out of the nearest bystander, Works like a charm. But to each his own.

That's the end of you, dude. I'm not sure how long it will be until you're banned but you will have earned it regardless. I laughed at your first post but this one is just blunt and mean-spirited, rather than observant. Way to be a dick.

Edited by Evil, 21 June 2007 - 12:29 AM.

#32 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 01:08 AM

To answer Bone,

No, I don't need an ass kissing. I get enough fulfillment being a completely heterosexual male, and my two kids are living proof that my equipment works fine without anyone coming near my posterior regions.

Now my question to you is, why do you even waste your time and phone bill on dial-up to come here, if for no other reason than to try to stir up hostility on the forum? Are you so insecure in your Airsoft adventures that you need to bash a couple of nerds who enjoy Nerf to make your toy guns seem somewhat "better" than ours? Or is summer just too boring for you that you have to frequent the forum to look for someone to insult?

Yeah, I thought so. Have a nice summer, or more like 29 summers. You know the routine. I won't even bother posting it.

Nothing personal, mind you. Just another day at the Haven.

I'm on a roll right now. And to think that I was the compassionate one.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#33 NerfFreak

NerfFreak

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:01 AM

I'm guessing I should post a suggestion again.

Do you think it would be a good idea to ban members who haven't been active in years, just so we don't have a huge clutter of members who don't post anymore?
Nuckin' Futz

#34 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 10:04 AM

What does that accomplish? If they're not posting, there's no problem. What if they wanted to come back?

Example: GunnedDown recently came back. Yeah, just to sell, but he's back.

#35 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 10:49 AM

I'm guessing I should post a suggestion again.

Do you think it would be a good idea to ban members who haven't been active in years, just so we don't have a huge clutter of members who don't post anymore?

There are more people that read this site than post on this site. Some of these people are registered members. There is no way I want to ban them. After all, these people have always been some of my favorite members. They never cause a problem and rarely ask stupid questions. Why would we ever want to ban them?
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#36 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 676 posts
  • State:Connecticut

Posted 26 June 2007 - 12:25 PM

This is certainly not the first time I've heard that suggestion. I have a bit of expertise on this subject since I have done it myself on more than one forum and regret it. On some forums, it is a good idea, on others, it is not. Most of the time, pruning inactive members is done to make stats more representative of the actively contributing and posting membership. However, here, no one really cares about stats. How many posts and members NH has doesn't mean anything significant.

The majority of members on most forums do not post, they browse and absorb knowledge. Some may browse for an entire year and then return to post. Depends on the person and how comfortable they are to posting. Some of the most intelligent online members I know did not post their first day, or even first month. There was this one kid who made an account, forgot about it, came back the following year, and now has been a regular contributer for the past 2. If you prune members, it actually turns people away from registering, and definitely from coming back. You could have a guy ready to make stunning contributions, but when he comes back, he finds that this account has been deleted. He will be lost from that site.

After watching the effects of pruning, I've found that it shouldn't be done unless a site needs to reduce its server load and conserve space. However, that is rarely a problem. And of course, these are observations, not suggestions or opinions, both of which tend to get people in trouble. Elsewhere, I am well known for only opening my mouth when backed by real experience.

Let the Battle Begin! - WaterWar.net

MANL Record: 3-0 (2 wins on blue, 1 win on red)

USER IS TOO >>FAST>> TO BAN

#37 Shorty

Shorty

• Banned
  • 157 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 10:17 PM

Amen. :D

This was hilarious. One of the "sweet" now say....:

Your Website has been shut down due to not paying the monthly bill.
I love imports.
DarkShrimp is the next Piney.
"Ignorance can be fixed. Stupidity is forever."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users