Photo

Choice Of Console

29 replies to this topic

Poll: which next gen console do you prefer?

Which one

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 rebsol

rebsol

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 04:55 PM

I hope I didn't mess this poll up, its my first one, but I have a wii and I love it, but I am debating what console I should get next if I get lucky on Hanukkah.
"If you're hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you"
Malcolm Reynolds(Nathan Fillion)

Firefly, the best show ever created.

#2 Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 04:57 PM

This Has Been Made already...

Search Button Works...

Here!!!!! SEARCH NEXT TIME!!!
QUOTE(Brass @ Jul 6 2007, 10:30 PM) View Post

QUOTE(keef @ Jul 6 2007, 09:29 PM) View Post

Yeah, I'm in the same case as Substance Abuse...
Brass, ask your mother.

She said your dad owes her three dollars.

#3 rebsol

rebsol

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 05:06 PM

I do search nine out of ten times, but opinions change.
"If you're hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you"

#4 aribiter

aribiter

• Banned
  • 93 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 05:08 PM

I say xbox 360
nerf or nothing

#5 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 05:27 PM

Let's Capitalize Every Word!

That poll was about which people wanted to get. This is about which people like best.

However, why is the Wii not on?

#6 deathwolf

deathwolf

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 05:39 PM

He's already got one. I say go for the 360 next. I've got a Wii and intend on getting an xbox soon.
BROOD XIII

#7 Dart Attack

Dart Attack

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 05:45 PM

PS3 is a waste.
I have an Xbox 360 and I have to say, I absolutely love it. I'm currently testing the Halo 3 beta along with several thousand others and this game looks like it'll be worth getting a 360. It rocks!

#8 rebsol

rebsol

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 05:47 PM

Thanks for all the feedback, I appreciate it. And the wii is awesomeness manifested in a beautiful little white package, but Halo and that other really good ps3 game(its a shooter, the plague one with the aliens) are too good to pass up.

#9 Sypth

Sypth

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 06:16 PM

Well depends, I'm moved to the Xbox side so being an Xbox fan I'd say 360, but I am still pretty loyal to the PS community, if you have the money for a PS3 I'd say get it, for one it's free internet, and some downloads, it's got wireless built-in modem, it plays blue-ray discs, and almost every game that comes on the 360 goes to the PS3, the graphics are amazing, same as the 360 but a little tweaked more. Basically the 360 has a lot more "umph" to it, more fun games like Halo, Dead Rising, and GTA 4 which will be coming out soon, it has a very large community of online players so almost any 360 online game there will be other people to play with. The 360 can't play HD-DVD like the PS3, you have to buy an additional HD-DVD drive. The 360 overheats unless you put it in a well ventiled room, or spend 20 bucks for an intercooler, I'm not sure if the PS3 is like that but I'm pretty sure that Pelican or some other company is coming out with an intercooler with it so it must have some heating problems as do all new systems. Basically if you are really into hardcore online gaming with games such as Halo 3 beta, Crackdown, and Gears of War, go with the xbox 360. If you looking for a very good HD console, thats simple to get online and running go with the PS3.

Edit- Halo isn't on the PS3 and the game your thinking of is Resistance: Fall of Man

Edited by Sypth, 29 May 2007 - 06:18 PM.

Peter Griffin: Men aren't fat lois, only fat woman are fat.

#10 Woodsman

Woodsman

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 06:27 PM

I do not have a PS3, but I do have a Wii and a X-box 360. Out of those 2, I like the x-box 360 more, and with games like Halo 3, Guitar Hero 2, and GTA4 (Guitar Hero and GTA used to be PS exclusives for those who didn't know) there is not really much reason to get a PS3. I say get a 360 first, and wait until your birthday or other special occasion to get the PS3.
You are already dead- Kenshiro

#11 tacticaladvantagex5

tacticaladvantagex5

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 07:16 PM

I've loved sony forever but this generation I've gone to the 360 for multiple reasons: 1.Price 2.Graphics, power 3.Gears of War 4.Online play. I think that Xbox live is much more organized and easier to understand. Off topic: Does Guitar Hero 2 on the 360 have online play?
"The moments I treasure are everywhere and all the time. I am the angel of dispair and my feces is the shit your dreams are made of."
Vacc
~fueled by the tears of a thousand orphans~

#12 hierarchy

hierarchy

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 10:41 PM

I say the x-box. That way later you can get Halo 3. Anyway all that the PS3 has going for it is Ratchet and Clank: tools of destruction. Which I amit is really close to being cooler than Halo 3.
QUOTE(Retiate @ Aug 13 2007, 08:43 PM) View Post

I guess you have some heavy duty industrial strength toilet paper holders. Do they advise you to wear eye protection when changing rolls?

My TTG mod.

#13 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 12:16 PM

I would go with an X-box 360. The only reason to buy a ps3 is if you have a high deff tv, wich I don't.
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#14 firstblood

firstblood

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 12:22 PM

Xbox 360 all the way. Xbox has better games and looks better, also it has free Xbox live.

Edited by firstblood, 30 May 2007 - 12:22 PM.

So I recently got a Razor Fin from Poo, and decided to dig right in.

#15 Shralla

Shralla

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 04:50 PM

I must reiterate: Why is the Wii not on this poll?

#16 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 05:54 PM

I hope I didn't mess this poll up, its my first one, but I have a wii and I love it, but I am debating what console I should get next if I get lucky on Hanukkah.

He's already got one. I say go for the 360 next. I've got a Wii and intend on getting an xbox soon.

SexD Warves

#17 rebsol

rebsol

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 07:13 PM

Thanks for all the responses and votes, it looks like xbox 360 is the winner. And to the few people who asked why wii wasn't there, READ THE WHOLE POST FOR GODS SAKE. Everyone else, thanks.

#18 Richomundo

Richomundo

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 07:29 PM

While the PS3 may be more powerful, I test played tonyhawk 9 at Activision a few weeks back, the gameplay is friggin' amazing. (I got 100 cash and a copy of project 8)

I will be buying a 360 just to play tonyhawk 9 it was that fun.

But don't forget about the amazing lineup of potential konami games for PS3 (zone of enders, MGS series) which I'm a really big fan of.

#19 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 08:43 PM

Thanks for all the feedback, I appreciate it. And the wii is awesomeness manifested in a beautiful little white package, but Halo and that other really good ps3 game(its a shooter, the plague one with the aliens) are too good to pass up.

You do know that Halo is an X-Box game, right?

This is why nobody should get a PS3.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#20 Flapper12

Flapper12

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 08:38 PM

360 hands down. For one the graphics are pretty much the same and the 360 has Halo 3. P.S. anyone know when Halo 3 is coming out...I forgot.
Has anyone ever told you that your a dumb shit?-King Of Butt Land

Don't be sorry. Being sorry means you were wrong or you're trying to get fucked. Were you wrong? No. So why do you want to fuck Ted? I've met him; you're making a mistake.-VACC

#21 joeyaglr444

joeyaglr444

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 10:55 PM

I think for now the 360 is more substantial theres no bas for the ps3 for now.
Boys Become Men....Men Become Wolves

Blaffair to Rememblack.

#22 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 12:10 AM

X-box 360 owns PS3. PS3 is a 600 dollar paper weight. Halo 3 is coming out September 25 2007.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#23 used man

used man

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 07:19 PM

EDIT: i said wii but didnt clearly read first.

Edited by used man, 04 June 2007 - 07:20 PM.

#24 Liam

Liam

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 02:35 PM

Xbox 360: has great games and still great graphics.
PS3: Wonderful graphics, not many good games.

Edited by Liam, 05 June 2007 - 02:35 PM.

The chances of one person taking a bomb on a plane are one in a million. The chances of two people taking a bomb on a plane are one in a trillion. So if you're scared of a terrorist attack, bring a bomb on a plane.

#25 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 03:13 PM

I have both systems (trust me I am not spoilled) and personally I prefer ps3 just because the game quality and graphics on most games. If you have a price limit I would go with the xbox 360 but I will always like the ps3 more.
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users