#26 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts
  • Fucks Given:0
  • State:California

Posted 03 June 2007 - 12:56 PM

Two people calling somebody else a "dumb shit" have both misused the word "your".

So:

You're
all dumb shits.

Jesus.

Ummmm yeah, your an idiot.

I'm not normally a grammar nazi, but for fuck's sake people. I'm tired of reading shitty posts with poor grammar, capitalization, and spelling. It's in the Code of Conduct, conveniently linked for you at the top of the page.

This message goes for everyone: Clean up your posts or you'll be shipped out.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#27 Legion

Legion

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 02:15 PM

OKAY, OKAY!! Enough n00b bashing already! One can only take so much abuse and this idea's gotten nearly two pages of nothing but hate. I'll ditch this idea and try something else. And it WILL use scuba tanks. I got two for free and can't pass up an oppurtunity to make the ultimate nerf BMFG. Once I get my next idea drawn up, I'll post it up here. This one may just rival CaptainSlug's heavy gatling (which I'm anxious to see completed). Until then, please be nice. I'm just a beginner, here.

#28 CD-R

CD-R

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 02:37 PM

Maybe you could do something similar to Captainslug's paintball tank configuration.
It's A Trap! -Admiral Ackbar

#29 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 02:40 PM

He has a point. Now don't flame me, but a nerf mortar that fires a load of stefans could be quite effective. It would essentially be a scaled down potato gun. It would use a foam pig (See link and scroll down to foam pigs) with one of those to push the darts out. It would require one person to load with a flammable spray and one person to defend it. Such as a person with a heavily modded MS. The person carrying it, (it could have a shoulder strap or mount), would have a large bag of darts and a small bag of pigs. It could be set down and the person using it would have a secondary or two. It would have to be fairly small and not loaded until just before it was fired. It would almost be a blunderbuss(sp(I think)).

www.pipetechcorp.com/pipetech/prodescrip.html
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#30 Liam

Liam

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 03:22 PM

Groove,

I'm very sorry for the incorrect grammar. I have fixed the post and I am very sorry for the mistake.
The chances of one person taking a bomb on a plane are one in a million. The chances of two people taking a bomb on a plane are one in a trillion. So if you're scared of a terrorist attack, bring a bomb on a plane.

#31 Jergling

Jergling

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 04:56 PM

Well, I can't believe I'm going to agree with the post:

They actually have these. Not to shoot nerf balls, or tennis balls, or potatoes, but (of all things) shirts.

At basketball games, the do have "shirt cannons" that shoot rolled-up tee-shirts to the crowd using a pressure tank. If you modified it and replaced the shirts (which go pretty far considering they're cotton wads) with something sensible to shoot at people like a foam-rubber dodgeball

Shirt cannons

The best picture I found of what foam I'm talking about.

You could make a fun little "pirate-cannon" out of this, and it would make gym class a good deal easier...
Save the NOOB, now declared an indangered species by the department of the redundancy department!

#32 Avatar of WoeBrian

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • State:California

Posted 11 June 2007 - 08:14 PM

And nerfboi, please, learn how to write so you don't end up sounding like a drooling caveman. nobody cares that you can punch through a wall in your room. Why would you do that anyway?

Excuse me, but please fix up your capitalization before criticizing someone else's post and calling him a drooling caveman. Especially a member whom which is roughly three years ahead of you. Not that time earns you any rank, but I'm certain he's quite familiar to the code of conduct compared with someone who joined quite recently (May 31 2007).

Edited by Avatar of Woe(Brian), 11 June 2007 - 08:18 PM.

#33 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:22 PM

I didn't join then. i joined (3-December 06). Besides, we've both dropped it. Does it offend you SO much that you have to revive a thread that's been relatively inactive for a while just to chastise me? You didn't even have anything to do with it, and still don't.
Alice came to the fork in the road.
"Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

#34 baseballnolan5

baseballnolan5

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:48 PM

Would it be possible to make a spud gun shoot these?
If you could shoot a 76 stefan grenade 100ft. that would be cool.
QUOTE View Post

About how much are you holding in the pictures on the spools?

A shit ton.

QUOTE(Langley @ Aug 6 2007, 05:41 PM) View Post

The shot hit Andy squarely in the forehead. He was, in fact, on my team.

#35 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 11:05 PM

Maybe with a sabot, but then again it would be extremely lame and useless in a war.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#36 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 11:09 PM

Would it be possible to make a spud gun shoot these?
If you could shoot a 76 stefan grenade 100ft. that would be cool.

There would be far too much wind resistance on the grenade to get it to the velocity needed to achieve a 100' launch, and it might mess with the grenade's firing mechanism. This whole idea is impractical.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#37 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 11:10 PM

I would really like to say something about this topic without sounding like an admin or mod.

I like Nerfing. It is the first 'sport hobby' that I have gotten into that hasn't hit the media severely like paintball has. Thus, it is the first 'sport hobby' that I have ever played in that has no bad background to it. So, when someone is hit by a projectile and is killed, hell, maybe just wounded, and the cops show up to find this cannon with Nerf on it, that's when I MIGHT just not be able to play in this 'sport hobby' anymore.

If someone would die from that, there might not be anymore Nerf guns because Nerf by Hasbro would have a lawsuit against it.

Now those are all maybes, I know. But that doesn't mean it's impossilbe to happen. We chance it enough by playing with toys not intended for the uses we put them through. I have been in serious enough trouble with the law before over Potatoe guns. First time was a scare. Next time, my parents were pissed. The third time I met a judge. I push it with these modified Nerf guns. Mostly because they look very feel and people don't know what they hold inside. Sure, to the person holding the gun and being shot at, they know it's just foam, hot glue, and a lead weight that stings quite a bit. To someone not knowing what is on the inside of these plastic peices of engineering art, it could be something powerful enough to hurt them or even kill them with a correctly placed shot. I have had my fun with airsoft guns as well. I don't want to get started as to why I was made to sell my Famas. And right now, I am having enough trouble selling these guns and parts I don't use and limiting my arsenal.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#38 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 11:46 PM

Thank you LastManAlive. Hopefully the truth has dawned upon some more feeble minds we have present...
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#39 Richomundo

Richomundo

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 11:41 AM

As a closing note, I'm pretty sure everyone who's walked by the pool noodles at wal-mart has had the original idea of making a nerf gun large enough to use them.

#40 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 04:54 PM

I rather buy pool noodles to use as padding for Amtgard, the better version of LARP, or as a pool noodle. Especially the ones with the large holes in them to shoot water at each other. It ussually makes me pretty sick afterwards.

#41 Guest_yourface_*

Guest_yourface_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:48 AM

I rather buy pool noodles to use as padding for Amtgard, the better version of LARP, or as a pool noodle. Especially the ones with the large holes in them to shoot water at each other. It ussually makes me pretty sick afterwards.

Um...

How does it make you sick?

#42 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 10:37 AM

because you have to suck water into the noodle, and then blow it out. It's chlorinated water, so if you swallow it, it'll make you sick. (I guess, it's never made me sick personally)
Alice came to the fork in the road.
"Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

#43 ShadowSniper

ShadowSniper

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 07:18 PM

Just make sure if you do make a pvc cannon to use primer and all the precautions you can. I have had one of em explode at 100 PSI and it is not fun.

#44 bored kid93

bored kid93

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 07:09 PM

Ok, why would you use a cannon that shoots for '100 ? I have an idea that is much more effective, without the whole damn Geneva Convention banning nerf as a war crime.
I'm going to pull out this line: "Speculation is a waste of time. Just wait and see what comes of this. If anything." - Captain Slug.
Captain Slug, I couldn't have said it better.

#45 Guest_yourface_*

Guest_yourface_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2007 - 10:17 AM

OK, cool. What is it?

#46 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 11:37 AM

I don't know what in the fuck it is. Tell me after you read all the posts. Or at least the first post.

This is a concept & idea thread that, though it might be attempted, needs to be dropped. This is dangerous not only to yourself, but to Nerf in general. The second a kid gets his hand blow off from a homemade PVC nerf cannon is the day we are disowned from the community and all those nice elementary schools that let us host on their property.

Do this on your own time and if you are successful, yay for you. Show up to a war with this, and your chances of playing are slim in my book.

#47 bored kid93

bored kid93

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 05:30 PM

OK, cool. What is it?

Well I've only tried it in my homemade, but what I do is put five darts down the barrel and launch them, then it's raining foam, doesn't kill anyone, but it works.
I'm going to pull out this line: "Speculation is a waste of time. Just wait and see what comes of this. If anything." - Captain Slug.
Captain Slug, I couldn't have said it better.

#48 hopper055 BANNED

hopper055 BANNED

• Banned
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 09:20 PM

PART OF NERF IS IT BEING SAFE SOME THING THAT CAN SHOOT THREW DRYWALL WILL HEART

#49 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 05:29 AM

Backseat moderators; you know who you are. I deleted your threads this time. Next time I find it it'll be a bit more.

hopper055,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended.

Your first post shows us that you obviously are not interested in Nerf. If you indeed are, please check out one of our other exciting forums... they would be happy to converse with you in all caps and other things. Good luck!

Your account will not be functional until July 4, 2035, 12:25 am HST (depending on your timezone). This is an automated process and you do not need to do anything to expediate the unsuspension process.

Board Address: http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users