Lcm War Today

46 replies to this topic

#1 Mantis

Mantis

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 04:53 PM

This shit was crazy.

Everyone was saying that things were a little unorganized, and what have you, but that's what makes it fun! Having 30 people running around shooting each other makes for great moments.

Hopefully we can keep it going.

Edited by Mantis, 20 May 2007 - 12:25 PM.

Personal LCM Summer Tune-Up Stats:
K:H=1.00
Shots Fired: 2.1 x 10^4
Fun had: 97%

#2 CD-R

CD-R

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 05:35 PM

Wish I was there.
It's A Trap! -Admiral Ackbar

#3 Texansharpshooter

Texansharpshooter

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 05:36 PM

Agreed. I could tell everyone was having a great time. Looks like the weather was nice to us today, seeing that it didn't really rain to much. Great war all, especially Evil and company for hosting.
HERP DERP.

#4 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 07:24 PM

Lots of fun. Had a great time. Can't wait to see you guys again.

#5 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 08:03 PM

Yeah.

Highlights:
Seeing VACC and Famine for the first time in 3 years.
Back-to-Back potshots on VACC and a NY guy(I think).
Remarks on my food/me at lunch(Favorite was VACC[?]'s that Talio and I should have a Superfight).
Zombie bum "rushes" in later rounds since it was so stacked.
Getting 2 hits while in hiding. Getting 2 more before I was hit once.(4 team round)
Playing every round.
Coming home and finding First Blood on TV.

Sure I'm forgetting some. Great to see a lot of old faces and an equal number of new ones.

#6 Texansharpshooter

Texansharpshooter

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 08:26 PM

Oh, also, there are photos up now (for those with a facebook whom are friends with Kenji). Go to Kenji's profile and check out LCM '07.
HERP DERP.

#7 tailbone

tailbone

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 08:29 PM

Well I think it is safe to say that all of us enjoyed ourselves. It was great having the two of the horsemen there to make things more interesting. Overall I think this war was one of my favorites. Many good times throughout the war haha.

Favorite Moments:
1. Me and Evil rocking it after we were the only surviving members of our team, owning with six kills each before we faced our inevitable doom
2. Getting my face shot on badger, always a fun part of any war haha.
3. Being taken out by Vak.
4. Having a very large turnout
5. Evil and I defecting to Z80's crew for a round and rushing the heck out of the vets.
6. Rambo charging haha

*I don't know how I did not see this topic before I started the other one, really tired haha.
Nj Nerf 4 Life

#8 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 09:16 PM

Had a really fun time today. Great to finally meet Groove in person (and find out he can actually Nerf!), see Rambo all grown up (or just grown), and it's always good to see new blood taking up the sport.

p.s. - Do you honestly expect me to set up a Facebook account to see these pictures? Can someone do me a favor and just copy them to a real image hosting site? Fucking Facebook. I refuse to use any site that would even imply that I'm your friend.

Edited by Famine, 19 May 2007 - 09:18 PM.

~Famine
of Mag-7
East Coast Nerf 2005: Step It Up.
East Coast Nerf 2006: That's more like it.
East Coast Nerf 2007: I'm not driving to Massachusetts again.
East Coast Nerf 2008: Day of Regret.
East Coast Nerf 2009: Quid pro quo, douchebags!

#9 leftnut

leftnut

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 09:25 PM

Good war today guys, glad I finally got back to toms river for a war. Hopefully I'll be making a lot more from now on.

Best moments:
"hey tie-dye are you in" "yea" then groove shoots him "not anymore your not"
Charging out of a bush only to get shot in the face a couple times
Hersh busting a nut because everyone kept shooting him then VACC ran in and tapped him even after he was dead
VACC flipping the table
RAMBO coming out of the woods saying he is still in then someone running up behind him and killing him then running off
"You are obviously a megalomaniacal insecure little boy stroking your faltering ego with your own hairy palm in order to prove your suedo-alpha male status..."
-BadAssReptileFarmer to Talio

#10 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 09:43 PM

A lot of fun. I've known Groove for years, it was cool to actually meet him. I think this war bodes well for this nerfing season. We're gonna have to adjust a little if this was any indication of what turnout is gonna be like throughout the summer, but once we do it should be a fucking cool thing.

Just a few notes before I go;

1: I appologize for any inappropriate touching that may have occured throughout the course of the war; I was told it was cool by that guy in the bathroom and I assumed he spoke for everyone.

2: That picnic table was talking about my girlfriend and totally had it coming.

3: Rambo, keep on training. The hungriest giant shall prevail.

VACC
~Vacc your mother, Vacc her all night long~

#11 Texansharpshooter

Texansharpshooter

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 09:52 PM

Had a really fun time today. Great to finally meet Groove in person (and find out he can actually Nerf!), see Rambo all grown up (or just grown), and it's always good to see new blood taking up the sport.

p.s. - Do you honestly expect me to set up a Facebook account to see these pictures? Can someone do me a favor and just copy them to a real image hosting site? Fucking Facebook. I refuse to use any site that would even imply that I'm your friend.

No, I wasn't asking you set one up, that was my bad on the typing, I meant for those who had them, they could have a look at the pictures. Perhaps Kenji could post them up for us.

Edited by Texansharpshooter, 19 May 2007 - 09:52 PM.

HERP DERP.

#12 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:01 PM

Hosted.

#13 Texansharpshooter

Texansharpshooter

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:08 PM

PS: I'm the kid in red, in case you Jersey-ers didn't know. Thanks Rambo.

Edited by Texansharpshooter, 19 May 2007 - 10:09 PM.

HERP DERP.

#14 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:29 PM

I didn't take very many photos today since I only sat out two rounds. One of which was spent chopping into badger's Longshot. So I only got 5 good photos.
Posted Image
http://www.flickr.co...57600232736109/

I did get a decent amount of video though and will work on editing it later tomorrow.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#15 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:50 PM

It was a good day. I'll be looking forward to future days like today with the old and new crew alike.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#16 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:52 PM

I added Slug's photos to my host, here. If you don't want to use the directory, go here.

I'll tag the images that are on the page later, so you know who you're looking at.

Edited by RAMBO, 19 May 2007 - 10:58 PM.

#17 CD-R

CD-R

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 11:03 PM

Now I Really wish I had come.
It's A Trap! -Admiral Ackbar

#18 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 12:59 AM

Seriously, guys. The war. That shit was rediculous.

I'ts 2am and I've been in the car since around 7pm, so I'm going to bed and saving this little spot for my rant & war highlights tomorrow morning when I'm more coherent.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#19 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 05:39 AM

Despite being off the whole day, I had a fucking awesome time. My only complaint was that the rounds were so fucking long we couldn't really get more of them in. Still though, crazy awesome day.
I hate you.

#20 theschief

theschief

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 08:03 AM

That was a really great war, I didn't do too well (stupid double hits!) but I think everyone in our group had a great time.
Favorite moment was the 3 way war when blue completely dominated....

Oh, and some more pictures
nerfer34
Your account will not be functional until June 23, 20007 9:59 AM (depending on your timezone). This is an automated process and you do not need to do anything to expediate the unsuspension process.

+ Silver BBB
+ Ball Blaster and Buzzsaw......

#21 l337n3rf3r

l337n3rf3r

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 09:03 AM

Pissed that I didn't get to go. There will be other wars so whatever.

~l337
Wii would like to play with you.

#22 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 10:01 AM

That was a really great war, I didn't do too well (stupid double hits!)

That's why it was a warmup war. I don't know that anyone had their weapons and ammo performing like they would have liked, but that's hardly the point. It's on each nerfer to go home, fix their guns, make some non-shit ammo (if I see another stock dart I'm gonna hve a fucking aneurism) and get ready for a busy season.

VACC

#23 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 10:14 AM

Crazy, crazy, insane war. Wow. My Crossbow was being tempermental for most of the day which threw me off, but I did fairly well I think. My only complaint was the the immense amount of people made for incredibly long, drawn-out rounds - and we outgrew the field rather quickly. But all-in-all, had to say it was a pretty good war.

Had a really fun time today. Great to finally meet Groove in person (and find out he can actually Nerf!)

Yes, I can Nerf; I can also draw and design fairly well, wrestle midgets in a kiddie pool filled with KY jelly, and get naked and ride wild animals. But you probably already knew that.

Anywho, my highlights:

-Meeting VACC for the 1st time: I've been working with him for years, finally nice to play with and against him. Also having him pick me up in the air upon shaking hands, swing me around violently, and plant me back on the ground. "Wow...did I just have sex?"
-Meeting Famine for the 1st time: An honor to meet and play with one of the Horsemen, and we did fairly well together that day I think. His leadership ability was nice to see first hand, also. "Groove, there's a cluster of them over there, you know what to do."
-Casually asking one of the younger guys if he was "in" or "out," and having him reply "in" and then casually shooting him in the chest to get him out
-Chasing down the last guy left on the other team from one side of the field to the other, after missing with all 3 shots from my primary, running through the brush and over the bridge, ditching my primary, grabbing my Nite Finder and sprinting to catch up to him, getting him in the back eventually, and then finally throwing my gun at him in frustration, and getting a handshake from Famine and VACC afterwords
-Exchanging several well-placed shots with Tailbone all throughout the day
-Evil's charge against the Vets near the last round of the day
-Slug's air rig with his Titan. Fucking hell
-Seeing actual females partake in Nerfing at the war (a rare sight these days), and doing pretty well
-Getting shot in the face by one of the girls with a modded Nite Finder
-Seeing lots of new faces and some new blood to the sport, and several familiar faces from ECNO
-VACC touching and tackling of often times innocent or random people
-OMC and I emptying our primaries, charging each other with pistols and missing with every shot
-z80's Umbrella Cannon thing, I'll be man enough to admit I'm still pretty scared of it
-Shrimp & myself going Solid Snake in the middle of the 4-team battle (that shit was crazy)
-Getting a mid-air jumping headshot on someone as I ran through the trees near the pavilion
-Many double hits on several people whose names I can't remember, sadly no triple hits during the day

Such an awesome war, even though the drive up and back was a bit hellish for me. It was totally worth it, though. If I can afford it and I'm not busy June 30th I should be at Deal. Great war guys, and some nice pictures too.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#24 Howard

Howard

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 10:53 AM

Twas a good war.

I wasn't expecting a gazillion nerfers to show up, but it was certainly a pleasant surprise. I had a blast, and it really reminded me of the good old days.

My only complaints are:
- 90% of the darts at the war sucked balls. People need to learn how to make better ammo.
- The rounds were kind-of drawn out. However, it was to be expected with 30+ people.
- Roy Rogers went down a few pegs when I was denied a free refill on my cherry coke.
- That more photos of me weren't taken. I'm only in like one picture. =(

Highlights include but are not limited to:
- Shooting Badger
- Shooting Hersh
- Shooting Vacc
- Eating some Munchkins

I'll be looking forward to Deal and Apoc.

#25 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 10:55 AM

I added Slug's photos to my host, here. If you don't want to use the directory, go here.

I'll tag the images that are on the page later, so you know who you're looking at.

Tagged the images. Mostly just who is in them. If you want a particular title, or your name changed, let me know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users