Photo

Crossbow Or Longshot?

17 replies to this topic

#1 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 05:42 PM

What is the better gun? I have heard that the CrossBow is the best weapon too have but I have seen a basic modded LongShot and it is really good. So I was wondering what one is better? or is it just personal choice?
I'm just trying too find out is it worth the 50+ dolllars or should I just stick with my LS.

Edited by Dayko, 16 May 2007 - 05:43 PM.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#2 PREDATOR

PREDATOR

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 05:52 PM

If you would have read the rules you would have known NOT to post topcis about which gun is better. It can be different for every person.

Edited by PREDATOR, 16 May 2007 - 05:53 PM.

QUOTE(Groove @ Apr 29 2007, 11:03 PM) View Post

Wise man always say, "Arguing on the internet is like winning the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded."
-Groove

#3 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 05:54 PM

There are so many variables you have to factor in. It is not comparing apples to apples. I am going to say that an Xbow is a good investment at any price. I don't think anyone can argue with that. The incredible simplicity of the design is what makes it so popular. I've had mine for a number of years now and have counted on it for a good number of battles.

The LS gets lumped in my head together with the firefly and maverick, and even the scout. When I open it up, all I think to myself is "shit, there are just too many parts."
I hate you.

#4 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 05:56 PM

No gun is best.
Each gun has their pros and cons.

Longshot:
+High RoF
+Pretty nice range
+Good accuracy with a barrel replacement
-Reloading/filling clips can be rather slow
-Accuracy can be bad without a barrel replacement
-Pretty loud, and there's not much room for adding foam to deaden the sound

Crossbow:
+Awsome ranges
+Great accuracy
+Comfortable stock
-Not too great RoF
-Expensive/hard to find

So, if you like to try and shoot people from further distances, get the Crossbow. If you like more front line, assault type playing, get the Longshot.

#5 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 06:21 PM

The LS gets lumped in my head together with the firefly and maverick, and even the scout. When I open it up, all I think to myself is "shit, there are just too many parts."

You got that right, brother.

This newer generation of blasters is really geared toward the tinkerers. I'm just not that jacked up about taking things apart and messing with teeny parts, only to have the thing go bonkers on game day.

Carrtoon can vouch for this, as he has several times; simpler is better when it comes to all-out warring. That's from a guy who's made several multi-shot gimmicks for popular blasters. Cool in the workshop, broken on the field.

That said, Longshot or Crossbow?

SuperMaxx 5000. End.

-Piney- <_<
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#6 hellblaze

hellblaze

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 07:13 PM

I would have to say crossbow, I mean longshot does have a clip and all, butttt crossbow can use any type of bullet when longshot only uses streamline which might be hard to find on the battlefield. See my point? O.o
The National Rifle Association says, 'Gun's don't kill people. People do'. But I think the gun helps.

#7 rebsol

rebsol

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 07:30 PM

I would have to say the longshot. The longshot has WAY better rof than an x-bow, and if you mod the longshot correctly it has around the same ranges, if not a little better. It might be a little more complex, but I think it is negated by the quality of this gun when modded. On the subject of streamlines you can clip mod it for even better rof and even better stefan capability, and i modded mine without the mod and it shot stefans fine. And don't forget CDTSs.
"If you're hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you"
Malcolm Reynolds(Nathan Fillion)

Firefly, the best show ever created.

#8 PREDATOR

PREDATOR

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 07:33 PM

SuperMaxx 5000. End.
-Piney- :lol:

Yay another 5k lover! Well said Piney.

Wise man always say, "Arguing on the internet is like winning the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded."
-Groove

#9 Guest_DarkInfection_*

Guest_DarkInfection_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2007 - 08:01 PM

I say any air(tank)gun with an RSCB slapped on it trumps all spring guns. A little off topic yes, but just for the heck of it, I thought I'd post this.

Posted Image

I'm sure that I am not the first one to do this, but I was the first one to post it so, wooo.... Sorry for hijacking the thread....

#10 Keks

Keks

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 08:14 PM

I say any air(tank)gun with an RSCB slapped on it trumps all spring guns. A little off topic yes, but just for the heck of it, I thought I'd post this.

Posted Image

I'm sure that I am not the first one to do this, but I was the first one to post it so, wooo.... Sorry for hijacking the thread....

write up?

#11 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 08:21 PM

I believe it's this, just, in a Titan, but I could be slightly off.

#12 Guest_DarkInfection_*

Guest_DarkInfection_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2007 - 08:24 PM

One pump part:
http://nerfhaven.com...wtopic=7257&hl=

RSCB part:
http://nerfhaven.com/mods/ss_rscb/

It's not hard, and putting it on the Titan wasn't exactly creative. I just put two mods together, both of them were other people's Ideas.

Edit: Darn you rambo, you beat me to it.

Edited by DarkInfection, 16 May 2007 - 08:24 PM.

#13 Axelion burnout

Axelion burnout

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 08:55 PM

I have to agree with Piney also... i'm a SM5000 kinda guy, but if i had to decide between a crossbow and a longshot i would choose the crossbow because of its ability to use any micro dart and it is a lot easier to mod than a longshot is, despite the price i think it would be worth it.
\,,/(^_^)\,,/

#14 wallymaniac

wallymaniac

• Banned
  • 108 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 09:03 PM

I've never even seen a crossbow, but a friend of mine has the LS and it's not too good, but he can't mod for shit so I don't know it's real worth. Where can you get crossbows? And is there any way to get them for less than $50.

I was playing with my titan, and I found my dads shotgun shells. The shottyshell shot fine but when it hit that rock it exploded.

You should have shot at yourself. You would have won a Darwin Award.

#15 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 09:05 PM

So, if you like to try and shoot people from further distances, get the Crossbow. If you like more front line, assault type playing, get the Longshot.

I like be on the front line. I play a ok loser but I play better as a front line person.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#16 wallymaniac

wallymaniac

• Banned
  • 108 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 09:07 PM

How hard is the LS to mod if you are good at modding? All my wars are in a relatively front line situation, so a LS might be what I'm looking for...

I was playing with my titan, and I found my dads shotgun shells. The shottyshell shot fine but when it hit that rock it exploded.

You should have shot at yourself. You would have won a Darwin Award.

#17 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 10:22 PM

Sigh. My SM5K busted a few years ago. Pumping, then suddenly a pop, then the pump doesn't appear to be pressurizing anything. I haven't had the heart to open it up ever since. The SM5k was by far my favorite gun. It's like dissecting your favorite childhood pet, ya know?

Anyhow. If you can find it, get the Xbow--it's just the right thing to do. If you can't, the Longshot is a good buy too.

I don't think anyone here will actually choose a Longshot over a Crossbow.
Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

#18 PREDATOR

PREDATOR

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 10:36 PM

Sigh. My SM5K busted a few years ago. Pumping, then suddenly a pop, then the pump doesn't appear to be pressurizing anything. I haven't had the heart to open it up ever since. The SM5k was by far my favorite gun. It's like dissecting your favorite childhood pet, ya know?

Anyhow. If you can find it, get the Xbow--it's just the right thing to do. If you can't, the Longshot is a good buy too.

I don't think anyone here will actually choose a Longshot over a Crossbow.

You should open it. It might be fixable. I have two sm5ks.

-Groove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users