October YANO

Planning Thread

41 replies to this topic

#26 NerfManiac

NerfManiac

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 05:56 PM

I got a new supply of FBR. One that actually fits my brass. All shall be owned now!
You use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar whore.
- Taggart (Blazing Saddles)

#27 superadaquabat

superadaquabat

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 09:27 PM

So I'm out of town on a shoot the weekend of Oct 11, and I just agreed to another shoot the weekends of October 18th and 25th. This is bad, I understand. But hey, I'm trying to secure future employment here.

You make it sound almost as if you care more about your life than a nerf war.

Anyways, I'm down with the date. This is so in advanced for me though, I'm bound to forget. Oh well. Hey no wait, thats like in two weeks. Sounds good! Until then!
Happiness is a foam gun.

#28 neonerfer

neonerfer

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 10:46 PM

We can probably make it on the 5'th. Or the 4'th. From my schedual, I'm free. So unless Toj dies or something(just an example, completely irrellivent) we should be able to make it. Since Toj lives in my closet, he just hangs wherever I go. Drew and Mark probably have soccer or something like that. Sam's around, I think. So long as his family doesn't have another trip to Taiwan planned.
"Do not question that which is. Question that which will never be."

#29 ShatteredDreams

ShatteredDreams

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 10:51 PM

Well lets see, I can make it any day I believe, dependin on if Steve's closet is cleaned so I can escape and wash the close I'm wearing....and get the goldbond out of my face...
"Diplomats are just as esential to starting a war, as soldiers are to finishing it."- Will Rogers.

#30 neonerfer

neonerfer

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 10:52 PM

Well lets see, I can make it any day I believe, dependin on if Steve's closet is cleaned so I can escape and wash the close I'm wearing....and get the goldbond out of my face...

Toj, that's not your goldbond. Ask first.

#31 ShatteredDreams

ShatteredDreams

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 10:56 PM

Toj, that's not your goldbond. Ask first.

Yes master...should I get out the leather clothing and a whip now?
"Diplomats are just as esential to starting a war, as soldiers are to finishing it."- Will Rogers.

#32 NerfManiac

NerfManiac

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 04:59 PM

GODAMMIT!!! I just broke my fuckin toe!! I feel like Shaq now. So yeah... Coming to the war is gonna be a little iffy. We'll see how I feel...

#33 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 06:10 PM

So the war is this Sunday, 9-5.

Bring sunscreen, sunglasses, and water.

Thanks to broken toes and general lameness, it's looking like another relatively small one. This, incidentally, is very cool. The August war was one of the best in recent memory. I think we'll have to do a repeat of the King of the Hill action in the courtyard.

If anyone new is planning to show up, let me know and I'll post directions to the school.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#34 neonerfer

neonerfer

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 06:25 PM

We're iffy at this point. We'll try to get there but make no guarantees.

#35 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 01 October 2003 - 03:36 AM

You guys are all pussies.

Incidentally Phil is out, but me, Jordan, Matt, Jason and Hubbard (AFAIK) are still in.
Two roads converged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled......and now I don't know where the hell I am.

#36 NerfManiac

NerfManiac

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 01 October 2003 - 09:57 AM

My toe is kinda feeling better... Maybe if there is some praying and sacrificing to my right middle toe, I will come... If you don't I'll probably end up coming anyways.

#37 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 01 October 2003 - 03:03 PM

...Maybe if there is some...sacrificing to my right middle toe...

Hm...maybe some of these newbs will be good for something after all...

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#38 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 04 October 2003 - 04:34 PM

NERF HISTORY IS ABOUT TO BE MADE:

Ok heres the brief version. A short script that I wrote is a finalist in this school competition to get the film made with a grant from Kodak. In a month my production team and I (I am attached as writer and director) have to pitch our script to a faculty committee who will then decide which projects will be filmed in January. What this basically means is that by November 4th I need to have ALL of pre-production done for this 15 minute film, including crew list, cast list, locations secured, script breakdown, schedule, budget, permits, releases etc. This is on top of taking 6 classes (18 units) and working during the week. This is very exciting obviously as I now have a good chance to make a film (on film, no less) on the school's dime which would be promoted for free by the school.

What does this mean to you? For the first time in the illustrious LANO/YANO history, I will have to leave a nerf war early. I will be leaving the YANO on Sunday at or around 1pm. I simply have too much to do this month, and as much as I love to nerf and hate to leave a war early, I'd rather become a successful filmmaker who can look back years from now on you "little people" with a sublime mixture of fondness and pity.
Two roads converged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled......and now I don't know where the hell I am.

#39 NerfManiac

NerfManiac

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 06:56 PM

Did the war happen? I'm just curious because there haven't been any recap threads or pics up.

#40 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 07:06 PM

YANO/Armageddon as we know it has ended.

Only 6 people showed.

We can no longer use the urban area for Nerf wars due to new security restrictions at Venado.

I could find a new area but won't bother until I'm convinced that people actually want to come to a war.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#41 ShatteredDreams

ShatteredDreams

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 07:28 PM

YANO/Armageddon as we know it has ended.

Only 6 people showed.

We can no longer use the urban area for Nerf wars due to new security restrictions at Venado.

I could find a new area but won't bother until I'm convinced that people actually want to come to a war.

I couldn't go because I couldn't get a ride from steve, there was a band comp, and it was my dad's birthday but I for the next one, I'll just kick people outta my way and run there if I have to, but if we can use the urban area...does that mean we have to go back to the play ground, or that one battle place (I forgot the name..) where Desert storm owned everyone with their losers..hey if we get desperate...we could always just have it at Steve's house... B)

#42 NerfManiac

NerfManiac

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 08:11 PM

Nice new board settings... NO ish. I wanted to show up so bad. But due to my fuckin toe (which is still broken) I was a no-show. Are they going to enforce this new rule? That was the Alamo BTW.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users