-Dremel/hacksaw
-CPVC (6-8 inches per barrel)
-electrical/ PVC tape
Optional:
-hot glue
-elastic (about 3/4" wide)
Here is your stock gun:
Posted Image
First, open up your gun and take out the entire assembly. It is all one piece, for now.
You may want to plug the OPRV now.
Take your saw/dremel and saw off the orange air restrictor. It goes about 1/2" down into the stock barrel.
Posted Image
Now Take your CPVC and saw off 6-8 inches. Take your electrical tape and wrap the barrel once or twice around the end that goes into the stock barrel. The first loop should start about 1/2" from the end of the barrel. Just use the picture if you are confused. I recommend doing 2 loops, but you could do one, this is personal preference. You want it to be snug in the stock barrel, but you also want to be able to take it out later.
Posted Image
Push this new barrel inside your stock barrel and make sure it fits.
Posted Image
Now close up your gun and you are done. Here's a pretty bad pic of what it should look like when you are done.
Posted Image
One more optional step is to make an elastic belt for your removable barrels. Here one I made for 3 barrels:
Posted Image
This is a very simple mod that will give you singled AT2K ranges in a gun a tad bit bigger. I do like how the pump handle serves as a very effective stock when you need to steady your aim.
This is a great first or second mod. It's really easy, will only cost you about $10, and has a lot of space for you to cut down the case if you want.
USA

#2 Jergling

Jergling

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 02:57 PM

Wow, that's pretty nice for a newcomer, wish I had something like that to post when I first joined.

What are the removable barrels for?
Save the NOOB, now declared an indangered species by the department of the redundancy department!

#3 commander erik

commander erik

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 03:03 PM

Wow, that's pretty nice for a newcomer, wish I had something like that to post when I first joined.

What are the removable barrels for?

Yeah, well, I've been nerfing for more than 2 years now...

The barrels serve the same purpose as a clip; just remove the spent barrel, put a new, pre-loaded one, in, pump and fire.
It just gives me a faster reload time.
USA

#4 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 03:09 PM

Great first post. A lot of people use a coupler to save on reload time, but I've never seen it done quite like that, nice work.

#5 butleriscool123

butleriscool123

• Banned
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 05:00 PM

Nice mod! What is that gun, the sonic bazooka, is it like the old version of the blast bazooka?

#6 commander erik

commander erik

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 06:16 PM

No, it's, basically, the smaller cousin of the LBB. I think they came out about the same time, but the SB is somehow way harder to find.
Here is the amazon link.
USA

#7 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 06:20 PM

Just so you know "lbb"=Lanard Blast Bazooka.

#8 butleriscool123

butleriscool123

• Banned
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 08:36 AM

No, it's, basically, the smaller cousin of the LBB. I think they came out about the same time, but the SB is somehow way harder to find.
Here is the amazon link.

Ok, thanks its kinda cool looking. ^_^

#9 Shadow 92

Shadow 92

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 11:15 AM

Nice mod, it looks pretty clean. I think you can pull even more out of the gun with a longer barrel. The Sonic Bazooka has a pretty large air tank if I remember right. A good 16" should be enough to fully accelerate the dart.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users