Dcno - Summer '07

June 16th

235 replies to this topic

#101 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 03:26 PM

Cool, my LBB will suffice then, and I may even be using my weird tank setup too. Anyway, are there any videos of DCNO's besides the spring '07 one? I want to get an idea of the field layout before I play there.
how the heck do you make a double clip?

Here are the steps.
1. Go to the search button in the right corner of the screen
2. Click
3. Search double longshot clip.

i dont have time, jeez, im new here!

#102 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 03:31 PM

I want to get an idea of the field layout before I play there.

The satellite view from Google maps is 5 or 6 years old and doesn't show the newer modules or the picnic table area.
Photos from March of this year: http://www.teamseren...hotos/dcno0307/

Edited by CaptainSlug, 06 June 2007 - 03:33 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#103 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 04:13 PM

I'm currently in the process of uploading about 8GB of files to my host, so it may be a little slow. Sorry if you timeout or there are slow load times.

#104 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 11:24 PM

If we move the date now I know I can't make it. June is stacked right now for events so I don't see what we would get out of changing the date... other than a lower headcount.

The date was solidified many a week ago.

You guys were saying that there are backup places to play, I just wanted to make sure that's true. I'd hate to make this drive and have nowhere to go when we get chased out by the boys in blue.

This will be the 9th large war and many other local-get together wars and we have only had the police show up once and continued to nerf. However, should a problem arise, multiple other schools are within a short drive. I will hopefully photograph them and let everyone see our plentiful backup options.

Anyway, are there any videos of DCNO's besides the spring '07 one? I want to get an idea of the field layout before I play there.

I will hopefully be able to get ample photographs of the location unused within a few days.

As for the food question, I don´t think catering would be the best idea as Slug brought up mainly do to the prohibitive cost. Going to any deli with upwards of 20 people takes forever.

The best idea may be to take orders before the day, call in the orders a few days before the war, and pick them up at lunch time. An idea also suggested by Slug.

Do people like that concept? How many would opt to order? Would people prefer to brown-bag it? What would everyone like?
Tyranny Response Team

#105 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 11:26 PM

Meat

I put in 700 votes for Five Guys. Everyone just needs to decide how much meat they want for lunch because even their "small" burgers are pretty large.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 06 June 2007 - 11:48 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#106 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 05:44 AM

Thats a good idea Crankymonkey, I'll give you my order once I get a confirmation I'm going.

Oh, and here's an update on who's coming from me. If I can, me and one of my friends does wnt to come. The thing is, my friend will most likely end up playing in only half the rounds, BUT he could videotape the rounds he doesn't play in. I have my own camcorder he could use. Does anyone have any objections to that?

Here are the steps.
2. Click

#107 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 07:11 AM

I put in 700 votes for Five Guys. Everyone just needs to decide how much meat they want for lunch because even their "small" burgers are pretty large.

You won't be able to move after Five Guys. Do that after the war when you need a recharge.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#108 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:09 PM

I know no one is going to listen to me, or try it, but I'm going to eat light at the war during our lunch break and then I'm hoping that the OMC group I'm going with (including DarkRuxpin and Rambo I think) might stop and get a serious dinner after the fact. The last thing I want to do is eat too much and yack at your fine park or feel sluggish for the last half of the day.

Update: I'm off 15, 16, 17. I switched the hours I could at work and wound up with a 3 day weekend for DCNO! Woo!
2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

#109 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 01:28 PM

I know no one is going to listen to me, or try it, but I'm going to eat light at the war during our lunch break and then I'm hoping that the OMC group I'm going with (including DarkRuxpin and Rambo I think) might stop and get a serious dinner after the fact. The last thing I want to do is eat too much and yack at your fine park or feel sluggish for the last half of the day.

Update: I'm off 15, 16, 17. I switched the hours I could at work and wound up with a 3 day weekend for DCNO! Woo!

I have a better idea! We have a small lunch, and then after the war get a regular dinner. So we won't be moving like slugs after lunch break.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#110 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 02:32 PM

Oh, yes, you will see a most serious exhibition of eating!

#111 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 08:14 PM

Hey I would love to go except my parents would never drive 8 hours just for nerfing. If I recieve my AT3K shortly, I will come.

Only thing is I need to carpool....
Anyone want a 13 year old to drive? :\ (great now I'm never going to get a ride)

-keef

Hey I would love to go except my parents would never drive 8 hours just for nerfing. If I recieve my AT3K shortly, I will come.

Only thing is I need to carpool....
Anyone want a 13 year old to drive with? :\ (great now I'm never going to get a ride because i said my age <_<)

-keef

Timothy M-Lick <3

#112 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts
  • Fucks Given:0
  • State:California

Posted 07 June 2007 - 08:25 PM

I have a better idea! We have a small lunch, and then after the war get a regular dinner. So we won't be moving like slugs after lunch break.

That sounds like an awesome idea, Teddy.

I'll be packing a small lunch because Tally-Ho pizza and Five Guys burgers come out the same way they go in: chunky, messy and well-lubricated with lots of grease. I'd be down for a bite to eat afterwords if we can muster up a group to go to TGI Friday's / Ruby Tuesday's or something of that nature before we all head home. Sound like a plan?

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#113 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 08:28 PM

That sounds fine.

I will be bringing a Camera and a tripod for taking videos and pictures and 4gigs worth of SD cards to go with it. Each 1gig card can hold 30 minutes worth of video. But I won't really be sitting out to do anything with it.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 08 June 2007 - 01:54 PM.

#114 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:20 PM

Here's my deal.

I don't think that Sinfil will be coming. I will ask him a few more times to make sure though. And I am also asking a friend of mine if they want to come.

I have been under the weather for a while now with allergies and whatnot, so I will play as many rounds as I can. All after that I will video tape. If I can find a deal on one, I'll get a larger SD card this weekend. I only brought my 1 gig with me from home. It should suffice after I empty it, but I don't want to get cut short.

As for food, I might just bring my own depending on what I feel I can stomache. But go ahead and put my vote in whatever gets the highest on where to get food. Pizza ussually sits well at a nerfing for me. It makes me tired enough to not care if I get hit.

As for guns, I have no clue what I plan to use. If Sinfil doesn't come, I will ask to borrow his Xbow since my last one went out of commition. I have a Longshot I need to repair the barrel on but I only have 2 clips for it. Other than that, I have no clue what else I brought with me. If I have time, I will throw a NF or 2 together. I literally just grabbed a half full rubbermade and filled it up with some airsoft stuff for the rest of my visit in Maryland. Only other thing I need to do is make a ton of ammo. My current count is 0. I think I can make enough for me and another in the 10 day time period though.

SO! I am def. at 80% on being there. The other 20 depends on weather and how I feel.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#115 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 05:31 AM

Hey, so far we have 3 people videotaping (my firend, LastmanAlive, and CaptainSlug). I would, if everyone agrees to it, do the editing. If you guys would send me your vids I could edit them (I have a good esiting software, so it should be better than windows movie maker). Is everyone ok with that? If not, we could all just make our own videos too.

Here are the steps.
2. Click

#116 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 06:54 AM

What's the deal with everyone wanting to take a break to video tape or take pictures?

I've paid my dues in that area. If I'm driving three and a half hours to nerf, I'm going to be out on the field all day.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#117 Mantis

Mantis

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 07:10 AM

I like it, we could have multiple angles, leading to the best nerf video ever.

Oh yeah, guys, I'm thinking about getting metal legs before the war. Its a risky operation but it'll be worth it.
Personal LCM Summer Tune-Up Stats:
K:H=1.00
Shots Fired: 2.1 x 10^4
Fun had: 97%

#118 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:36 AM

Well, not that many of you care, but my leg status(my opinion, not the doctor's) is: 100%. I just ran half a block with no brace to chase the mailman down since he gave us a package that was for the same house number, but a different street.

I was also planning on filming, and unlike you guys I have nearly unlimited space. Out of my 150GB, I have used only about 20GB for music. However, I have had problems with recording before. Usually if it gets past 20 minutes or so the AVI is corrupt... :rolleyes: Hopefully the latest firmware fixes this(haven't read release notes).

#119 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:56 AM

I don't know about the rest of you queers, but I will be nerfing ALL day. I don't care who films, as long as I am in every shot.
I hate you.

#120 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 10:14 AM

I happen to have a tripod for my Camera. I think that with some duct tape we can pull off a first person with that 'one guy with the camera in the whole squad' thing. Kinda like the cenimatic in Halo 1 just before you meet The Flood.

Wouldn't be too bad I don't think.

My point about not feeling good is that I might not be as 'pumped' as I think I would be from all the drainage and allergies going on. If my dad wants to stay for the whole event, then he will be recording what I don't record. I think he has a DVD recorder as well. Have to check on that.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#121 Fireshot

Fireshot

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • State:Massachusetts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 10:35 AM

I was contemplating duct taping my camera to whatever gun I decide to use. Also, CS, you're still bringing the shotgun fore-grip kits?

#122 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 12:51 PM

Also, CS, you're still bringing the shotgun fore-grip kits?

IF I can get them made. I don't have any on-hand right now but I'll see if I can fit the machining time into my schedule this week.

#123 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 01:36 PM

I don't know about the rest of you queers, but I will be nerfing ALL day. I don't care who films, as long as I am in every shot.

I concur.

#124 Liam

Liam

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 08:43 AM

Finally, a war I could find in Maryland. Wayside is actually very close to my house (Well I'm pretty sure atleast).
The chances of one person taking a bomb on a plane are one in a million. The chances of two people taking a bomb on a plane are one in a trillion. So if you're scared of a terrorist attack, bring a bomb on a plane.

#125 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 10:47 AM

Just as a favor I'm asking that all of you guys bring extra primary guns, because it would appear that I am going to need to try out some new equipment at this war. My MaxShots, even the newest ones, have faded with the last two events we've hosted in the east. It sucks. Hopefully I'll shoot more than one person at this thing. or maybe I'll have to tap people the whole time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users