Photo

Assassination

8 replies to this topic

#1 Mike

Mike

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 04:23 PM

I read an article on the web about a nerf assassination type game played over a period of time. Kids in a high school would form teams of up to I think five people. Each team had an entry fee of like $40. You could be shot anywhere in a normal every day situation except at school. The game would last until there was one team left and they would recieve the prize money. What's amazing is that they recruited MANY people.

I want to host a similar game this summer over by where I live (southeast MI). Next to my neighborhood is my friends' high school; I would go there but my dad put me in private school :P . My old middle school is located right in front of the track/field and the high school which is way in the back. There are a couple of baseball diamonds located on both sides of everything and then a large tennis court area. There are also many trees and good cover all around the area. Instead of playing for a period of time like in the article, I was thinking of having the game last from late morning to mid-afternoon. It wouldn't be played over a few weeks because of the lack of participants that would be willing to play in my area. There are only a few true nerfers out in my area including myself. I know I'd be able to recruit at least up to 20-25 people because I have a lot of friends that are starting to get interested in nerf though. The entry fee would be like $15 per team. Oh, and what's really sweet is that right down the street by the high school there's a gas station and pizza place where we can all eat and stuff.

So tell me, do you think it would be worth it to organize this? It seems like it would be a lot of fun and I welcome anyone in the Michigan/ Mid-west area to come and play for the day.

Mike.

Edited by Mike, 26 February 2007 - 07:57 PM.

#2 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • State:Washington

Posted 26 February 2007 - 04:33 PM

Just a note, I know you're planning on doing this daily but if you did extend it for whatever reason I don't believe you're permitted to shoot people at work, either.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#3 Mike

Mike

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 04:37 PM

Just a note, I know you're planning on doing this daily but if you did extend it for whatever reason I don't believe you're permitted to shoot people at work, either.

None of us have jobs. We're just a bunch of high school kids with nothing to do.

#4 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 26 February 2007 - 04:44 PM

Here are a few things I've posted that you may be interested in:Rule Ideas and such
Tatics and Tricks
Blaster Ideas/Mods etc.
Forsaken_Angel also is a pretty big assassins player. PM if you have questions or stuff.

#5 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 09:43 PM

The game of Assassins is my specialty. Well that and modding.
But anyways it sounds like you have no idea what Nerf Assassin is all about.
It seems that you are talking about a nerf war with money involved.
I dont see that going over too well unless its like the east coast nerfers facing the west coast nerfers.
1 round of whatever and $40 a head.

The game of assassins kinda goes like this.
This game of nerf assassin works with teams.
The Clan wars.
There is another version that involves a circle of friends where each assassin has only one target.
There is another version where its everyman for themselves.
There are so many different ways to play assassin but getting a group of guys in a field shooting at eachother isnt too "assassin" like.

I promised Shinny an Aricle on Nerf Assassin over a year ago. I should probably get started on that.

Here is a video over at you tube that might help inspire somethings. They do also sho footage of a nerf war but its not the same.
Big Assassins game inspired from the link I gave above.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But Iím just not the angel you knew.

#6 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 10:24 PM

Yep! That's the game i was/am a part of. I've another newer set of rules that I'd be willing to post, but they are kinda long, and not too different than Forsaken's. Check out the Tactics section of HQ. There have been quite a few assassins related topics that have popped up recently.

Edited by sam, 26 February 2007 - 10:31 PM.

#7 Jergling

Jergling

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 09:37 PM

You live in highland park!?! (that's what the video said, correct me if I'm wrong)
Save the NOOB, now declared an indangered species by the department of the redundancy department!

#8 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 07:17 PM

PM me if you have further questions.

#9 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 12:49 AM

It seems that you are talking about a nerf war with money involved.
I dont see that going over too well unless its like the east coast nerfers facing the west coast nerfers.
1 round of whatever and $40 a head.

Now that seems like quite the idea. Maybe make it $20 a head so it's less competitive, and airfare is never fun :D
Oh, and betting wouldn't be needed, I think bragging rights would make it worth it.

Edited by Crankymonky, 02 March 2007 - 12:50 AM.

Tyranny Response Team

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users