-the bears played 2
-both teams have two of the best kickers in the league
-The Colts are a pass defense
-The bears don't have mike brown
-The bears overall recieving look is alot better
-Rex Grossman Makes big plays
-The colts will almost have no chance of running on the Bears
-*cough* Thomas Jones/Cedric Benson *cough*

And thats about it, I will make no statement on who wins. Indeed the Colts could win, but the Bears have just as good of a chance.
No.

#27 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 06:53 PM

Ok folks,
Several facts that you have yet failed to mention
-Manning injured his thumb
-Rex Grossman was once one of the best QB's in the league
-the pats dropped a decent number of points on the colts "defense"
-the Colts have played three games
-the bears played 2
-The bears don't have mike brown
-*cough* Thomas Jones/Cedric Benson *cough*

And thats about it, I will make no statement on who wins. Indeed the Colts could win, but the Bears have just as good of a chance.

As much as I hate Peyton Manning, the thumb has no effect. Football players breaka finger like every other game. Rex Grossman is NOT clutch. He has had a passer rating of 0. Obviously the Bears don't have Mike Brown since he's been defintlly out for season. Patriots have a better offense than the Bears, plus the Colts defense only let up 3 Td's. It will be a good game.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#28 Bone

Bone

• Banned
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 07:06 PM

So I can break your thumb and you will be able to drop 21+ points on the bears defense? I honestly doubt you have taken many snaps with a broke throwing-hand. Also Rex Grossman can generally drop 1 or 2 TD's on any given sunday/monday/thursday/saturday.
No.

#29 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 07:15 PM

I ahve broke my thumb before and it doesn't hurt. Sure, I couldn't move it but it wasn't a big deal at all. These are pro athletes we are talking about. The only thing Grossman can drop is 34 yards passing in a game. Seriously I think you and I could do better than that.

Here are the matchups
Manning> Grossman
Harrison>Berrian
Wayne>Mushin
Joey Addai=Thomas Jones
Cedric Benson=Rhodes

Tillman>harper
Vasher>David
Bob Sanders> whoever the Bears safety is now
Urlacher>Bracket
Freeney and Colts D line> Bears D line
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#30 Lukeinator

Lukeinator

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 10:17 PM

Let's face it, Manning is much better than Grossman. Rex was good fantasy-wise for the first half of the season, but he can't manage the game anything like Peyton. Rex Grossman makes big plays... after he throws a couple picks.

And since when did Berrian and Muhammed becom better than Harrison and Wayne.

The Colt's were not that bad at running the ball. They ranked 18th in the league, while not great, is not that bad either. Everyone just assumes they were horrible because of their run defence, which is pathetic. But it has gotten better throughout the playoffs.

And Mannings thumb is fine.

Oh well, I don't really care who wins, I hate them both. I'll just wait till the Pro Bowl so I can watch Fast Willlie and Polamalu again.
Ride it like it's stolen.

#31 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 10:46 PM

I haven't done one of these in a while but I thought I'd counter some of these points.

-Manning injured his thumb

I think the severity of that injury is in question though, as he did play the remainder of the game accordingly. And well even, considering he finished the game with a game-winning drive down the field.

-Rex Grossman was once one of the best QB's in the league

You don't mean for those two or three weeks earlier in the season when he did well do you? Consistency is the key to football and Rex Grossman has never been consistent on the pro level. Peyton Manning on the other hand, has been changing the record books and defining the QB position.

Rex Grossman has never been great or good or serious. Not since he was a Gator.

-the pats dropped a decent number of points on the colts "defense"

The Pats will drop points on any team considering the combination that Bellicheck and Brady represent. The Colts did fair against the Patriots machine, not exceptional.

-the Colts have played three games
-the bears played 2

Not sure what that matters. If anything the Colts are either sharper or more tired. If anything the Bears are more lax and not in gear. Only matters so much though considering both have a week off before the SuperBowl.

The Colts have Adam Vinatieri. The greatest kicker in NFL history. Perhaps the only first ballot hall-of-famer to play the modern game. Both teams have the best kickers, but only one has won three SuperBowls and nailed every clutch kick ever asked of him. I'm not a Colts fan but you have to be a fan of Vinatieri.

True. Could be an Achilles heel against that Bears power running game.

I don't know where a statement like this would come from. The Colts have Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne, two of the best receivers in the game and both of these guys are complimented by wonderful players as well as a great tightend Dallas Clarke. How else did Manning throw almost 50 touchdowns? He had the best receiving core in the league, and still does. The Bears have talent but do not compare.

... When he's playing against the worst secondary in the league like the Saints, he sure does. But Peyton Manning makes bigger plays in bigger situations against better teams.

I wouldn't go that far. It will be a grinding game of run-and-pummel if the Colts try and establish the run but they could counter with shuffle passes, screens and trick plays. If this is the case then I can't wait to see Brian Urlacher doing awesome things at his position.

Your points were all new and excellent. Thank you for sharing them.

I will just go out on a limb here and say the Colts will win. By 17 points or more. That is three scores. I don't think the Bears have as good a chance as the Colts to win, but I hope the game is closer than what I've suggested. I would like to see the game be decided by 3 points or less, and I hope we all get a good game on Sunday. I just see the Colts as the more complete team on the field.

Edited by Evil, 29 January 2007 - 10:48 PM.

2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

#32 Howard

Howard

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 02:16 PM

Who would win in a fight, Ditka or God? TRICK QUESTION! DITKA IS GOD!

I agree with Evil. I think the Colts are gonna stomp all over the Bears.

#33 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 02:32 PM

I ahve broke my thumb before and it doesn't hurt. Sure, I couldn't move it but it wasn't a big deal at all..

Yeah, I don't know much about football, but I'm pretty sure moving you're thumb is pretty essiential to throwing good pass after good pass without fail.

#34 Commonly Hunted

Commonly Hunted

• Banned
  • 254 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 05:29 PM

I agree with RAMBO. I think that the thumb is just as important to your hand as your big toe is to your foot. Without a big toe, you'd have balance problems. So maybe if you can't use your thumb, you can't throw.
QUOTE(Pineapple)

Next one who wants to be Michael Jackson, and save the world, gets a trip to Neverland.

Buy Boltsniper's guns!
Borrowed by FoamReaper of Boltsniper Forums.

#35 Commonly Hunted

Commonly Hunted

• Banned
  • 254 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 10:01 PM

You win. But you got to admit we had a good start.
QUOTE(Pineapple)

Next one who wants to be Michael Jackson, and save the world, gets a trip to Neverland.

Buy Boltsniper's guns!
Borrowed by FoamReaper of Boltsniper Forums.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users