3/4" Orbit Watermaster Inline Solenoid Sprinkler Valve

9 replies to this topic

#1 SM750

SM750

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 05:04 PM

Hey,

I was about to attempt my first homemade (BAMF) and I was wondering where I would be able to get the 3/4" Orbit Watermaster Inline Solenoid Sprinkler Valve. It's not available online at Home Depot or Lowes. Thanks.
Also, stop being such a Jew and buy PETG from me.

#2 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 06:26 PM

Sprinkler.com
QUOTE(Puppy-§layer @ Dec 18 2008, 04:22 AM) View Post

This contest may have some flaws, as people can simply be a deuschbag over the internet. By Lying.

A war-like setting/invitational would be better...

#3 SM750

SM750

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 08:51 PM

Thanks but they have every valve except for the one I want. I thought they were easy to find. Are there anyother places?

#4 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 08:52 PM

All sprinkler valves are virtually the same, do yourself a favor, get one and mod it.

-Butt
QUOTE(Puppy-§layer @ Dec 18 2008, 04:22 AM) View Post

This contest may have some flaws, as people can simply be a deuschbag over the internet. By Lying.

A war-like setting/invitational would be better...

#5 The Crackerjack Man

The Crackerjack Man

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 10:00 PM

King Of Butt Land, what hes trying to say is that he needs a faster opening valve. SM750, you might be able to get one off of ebay or other Home Depots that are near me have diffrent things so you could go to a diffrent one if theres another close.
"Wow, you realy screwed that guy over"

#6 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 10:39 PM

King Of Butt Land, what hes trying to say is that he needs a faster opening valve. SM750, you might be able to get one off of ebay or other Home Depots that are near me have diffrent things so you could go to a diffrent one if theres another close.

No No, I'm pretty sure you just don't know what the fuck you're talking about.......Yeah, that's definately it.

Solenoid sprinkler valves are all the same. Occasionally you'll see one thats a slightly different size, that maybe hooks up to 3/4" instead of 1" pvc, but generally all of the electric valves you'll find will open just as quickly. If the problem is that the guy in the orange apron looks blankly at you when you request an Orbit Watermaster Inline Solenoid Sprinkler Valve, just explain that you're looking for an electric valve for a sprinkler system, and insist that they do in fact carry them.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#7 The Crackerjack Man

The Crackerjack Man

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 10:54 PM

No No, I'm pretty sure you just don't know what the fuck you're talking about.......Yeah, that's definately it.

Solenoid sprinkler valves are all the same. Occasionally you'll see one thats a slightly different size, that maybe hooks up to 3/4" instead of 1" pvc, but generally all of the electric valves you'll find will open just as quickly. If the problem is that the guy in the orange apron looks blankly at you when you request an Orbit Watermaster Inline Solenoid Sprinkler Valve, just explain that you're looking for an electric valve for a sprinkler system, and insist that they do in fact carry them.

Sorry I thought that all Solenoids have diffrent speeds.
"Wow, you realy screwed that guy over"

#8 SM750

SM750

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 03:09 PM

Thanks,

I'm a nube so I didn't know that they all worked at the same speed. I'm going to go to home depot and I'll get back to you guys.

#9 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 02:05 PM

The reason I used that specific valve was because it has a lever-style bleed rather than a screw bleed. This is extremely significant if you intend to use it in a mechanically actuated fashion rather than hooking up batteries and a switch.

If you want to go this route (and save some of the cost of a normal sprinkler valve gun), my suggestion is to go to Lowes and start taking them out of their boxes and examining them until you find one that has a lever bleed valve.

Incidentally, all the information I just typed can be found within the writeup itself.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#10 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 04:20 PM

Well shit, sorry for being a smartass, its been so long since I read that article that I forgot about the manual bleed lever.

Cx, does the lever bleed the air into the barrel or out of an exaust on the valve? I remember when there was a burst of sprinkler valve homemades that alot of people were having a similar problem. The initial puff of air from the chamber behind the membrane was knocking the dart way forward or even out of the barrel before the valve could open completely.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users