Photo

What To Do With A Broken Doubleshot

6 replies to this topic

#1 Fireshot

Fireshot

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 11:09 PM

So, I bought one today, and when I got home, it didn't work. I didn't take the receipt (stupidly), so I can't return it. I was thinking of putting the internals of two nitefinders inside it. Any suggestions?

#2 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 11:39 PM

What's broken about it? Does it not prime properly? Or do the darts just not even leave the barrel when you shoot it?

#3 Fireshot

Fireshot

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 11:46 PM

It only primes one barrel, and the shot can barely push the dart out. I think I'm gonna go ahead with the nf idea, it would put big range onto this gun.

#4 Lance

Lance

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 11:54 PM

For some reason buzzbee toys dont seem to work all that well, the same thing happend with my rapid fire rifle. Somone suggested gutting the shell, I would do that since you can't take it back.

#5 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 12:20 AM

Are you pulling the handle part down all the way? When my friend got his Doubleshot, he would bend it until he heard 4 cracking noises. Then we found it could go way past that, and that increased ranges.

#6 Dangaard

Dangaard

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 09:17 AM

The springs in a double shot are reallly bitchin' I'd take em out and put em/ in your NF's inside the stock springs. They fit very well.

I tried to integrate 2 NF's into the double shot, but the problem is you have to remove most of one side of the shells of the NF's to get them close enough to eachother that the can fire into the backs of the shells.
Discretion is the better part of valor, thats why I carry a very big axe.

You can fool some people all of the time and everyone some of the time, but you cant fool all the people all of the time, but it sure is fun trying.

What have I got in my pocket? (tolkien)

#7 Fireshot

Fireshot

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 04:07 PM

I tried to integrate 2 NF's into the double shot, but the problem is you have to remove most of one side of the shells of the NF's to get them close enough to eachother that the can fire into the backs of the shells.

Yeah, I found that out last night. The doubleshot shell can't even fit two nitefinder plunger tubes side by side in it. Right now I've decided to use only one barrel for shooting, and one for ammo storage. I'm gonna see how well epoxing two nitefinder plunger tubes works. If that goes well, I'll put some big springs inside it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users