Photo

Painting A Gun: Take Off The Shell, Or In One Piece?

4 replies to this topic

#1 alhava

alhava

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 12:26 PM

So I successfulyl modded my Longshot last night.
After putting it together poorly, I ended up sealing, and opening it no less than 5 times, and some of my screws are nearing stripped.

Next it's time to paint it, so in your experience, is it best to take the gun apart, and paint the shell pieces separately, or can I just use masking tape, and paint it all in one piece?

#2 agentM192

agentM192

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 12:36 PM

Take out all the interrnals, then paint the shells. Use blue painter's tape on any openings or places you don't want painted.
They aren't weapons. Don't call them weapons. They're only weapons if you make them so.

#3 funkyjake

funkyjake

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 01:52 PM

Pretty much either way works just fine. Painting the shell is more of a hassle (assuming you don't already have the gun taken apart), especially with a gun as complicated as the Longshot. Painting it all in one piece is less precise, and you run a much higher risk of painting places you don't want to, but if you section the gun off precisely enough with masking tape it shouldn't be a problem.

#4 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 04:32 PM

I usually do what M192 suggests. You don't have to take out all the internals, just the ones that won't function with paint on them. But usually you don't get that much paint on 'em anyways.

Also, I usually paint the two shell halves separately.

And, taking out the internals allows you to paint any pieces that are both internal and external (trigger, plunger rod).
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#5 alhava

alhava

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 06:16 PM

I think that's what I will do.
The buddy who got me the longshot for xmas..

I will teach him how to mod the longshot, and in the process, we will both paint our guns.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users