Photo

Usb Missile Launcher

8 replies to this topic

#1 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 01:18 AM

When I first got the missile launcher I was semi excited. I just couldn't beleive I now possess a computer controlled stationary missile launcher. It fires nano arrows. Here is a pic of the launcher next to a tagger dart.
Posted Image
At first I thought the launcher was air powered because I didnt here any clanging sounds from a plunger head hitting a plunger tubes end. This is what I thought untill I drilled out the air restrictors. To remove the restrictors all you have to do is find the tiniest dremel bit you can find and drill about 1/8" deep. You can see one bit here drilled out about two thirds as wide as I eventually made them all. Now remember when drilling to hold the missile launcher upside down so any shavings dont fall into the plunger tube. It is also a good idea to dry fire each barrel once to clear out any extra shavings.
Posted Image

Now you only get three arrows with this thing and one of them broke within 30 shots total.
I was let down so I went out and made my own darts.

Just make nano stefans 3/8" fbr and for the tip just add hot glue. No weights! Even with bb's it was too much weight. Now take out your dremel and drill a hole about the size of the prongs sticking out of the missile launcher and voila! you have darts that fly faster and further than the original nano arrows.
Posted Image
The Nano stefan is sitting on a black prong to keep it up straight. The gun comes with three prongs to hold your arrows on when they are not on the launcher. They mainly came as a way to prevent the arrows from crushing or losing their inner diameters hole.

You can even edit the sounds your missile launcher makes. Simply follow this method:

My computer/ C:/ Program files/ missile launcher.

Now from here if you want a different sound just take the existing sound file out and replace it with whatever you want. Make sure that what you put in is changed to the original name of what you took out.

For example if you wanted the irritating warning sound changed to "fat ladies singing" simply take out the file labelled "effect" and put it in another folder, then change the name of "fat ladies singing" to "effect" and put it into the missile launcher folder. Now when you click on the red button to fire you will hear fat ladies singing.

Here is a video of the changes I made.

Here it is! Click me Click me!

Range increase: I have no idea? I cant exactly take this thing outside you know. If the original arrows went 20 feet it now gets around 30 after the mod and with the homemade darts. I opened up the gun but was blasted with alot of wires, electronic peicees and gears. I decided not to go any further.
But for the hell of it here is how you get to where I got with internal pics and such.

Posted Image
These caps come off.
Posted Image
On the base there are 3 rubber pads. Remove them and find three screws and open it up and you get this.
Posted Image
Posted Image
I was happy with the guns performance and going any further seemed risky.
In a final thought this thing is a must for a die hard collector of nerf like things.
So what do you guys think?
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#2 Lance

Lance

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 08:12 AM

Looks good, what are the ranges?

#3 trogdor65

trogdor65

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 08:46 AM

Range increase: I have no idea? I cant exactly take this thing outside you know. If the original arrows went 20 feet it now gets around 30 after the mod and with the homemade darts.

Lance he can't really test the ranges.

Anyway great mod Forsaken. I think that if you tried to mod any more you would not have a working Usb Missile Laucher much longer. You should try getting a cheap webcam, and attach it on top of the laucher then get a crud load of extension cable, stick the gun on a wall and shoot people. That probably wouldn't happen, but still a neat idea.

#4 Megamannt92

Megamannt92

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 10:24 AM

I guess its neat, but not really that useful. To bad you can't get wireless remote for it....
Muaha! We aint' no Geocity anymore. Join here! The Foam Universe!

#5 wst50

wst50

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 03:49 PM

I want one of those! Hell, 5 of those in a star sort of pattern to blockade the door to the computer room!

http://www.reghardwa...war_breaks_out/

And 1 for my dad to take to work...

#6 Dart Attack

Dart Attack

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 06:05 PM

Attach that on an RC so that you can have a portable turret. :lol:

#7 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 08:13 PM

The new laser guided version is out.

Check it.
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#8 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 01:28 AM

The new laser guided version is out.

Check it.

The link you provided didnt work but here is one that does.
Ninja Gizmos?

I like the 3d graphics. I like the smooth control of their missile launcher.
I cannot stand the crap distance these things get.
And laser guidance? What a joke.

A remote control would be amazing along with a remote webcam.
This would take Assassins to a whole new level.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#9 SG Pilot

SG Pilot

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 07:33 AM

I have a remote control airplane that was designed to carry ordinance up to about 1 pound (500g), but I haven't flown it in a while and I don't have the extra servo control or clamp to carry stuff.
Barricade Buster anyone?

I like that turret, reminds me of some good ol' FPS games
QUOTE(VACC @ Oct 9 2009, 04:45 AM) View Post

I know, I HATE toy guns that are made for little kids!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users