Photo

My New Photoshop Creation

28 replies to this topic

#1 Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 07:22 PM

Hey all. As some of you may have seen my icon at the HQ. I have redone the image with different colors to give a more crystal look.

Here is the original: Posted Image

And here is the newly done one: Posted Image

Tell Me what you think. For example 7/10
QUOTE(Brass @ Jul 6 2007, 10:30 PM) View Post

QUOTE(keef @ Jul 6 2007, 09:29 PM) View Post

Yeah, I'm in the same case as Substance Abuse...
Brass, ask your mother.

She said your dad owes her three dollars.

#2 Raj Man

Raj Man

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 07:28 PM

That's pretty nice...I'd give it an 8/10. Good Work!
"Asshats are people who get stupider every post/minute/hour/day. See, they have an ass for a hat, so every 24 hrs. their brain is replaced with more shit. That's at least how I took the definition of "asshat" to be."

-GeneralPrimeevil

#3 Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 07:53 PM

That's pretty nice...I'd give it an 8/10. Good Work!

Thanks. I appreciate the comment. <_<

Brass, ask your mother.

#4 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 09:02 PM

It looks really cool.

HOWEVER, all you did was invert the colors, so I don't think I can really give you a rating for something that took so little effort. I just did it in about eight seconds (from the moment I saved the first picture).

Still, it looks cool.
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#5 Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 09:07 PM

It looks really cool.

HOWEVER, all you did was invert the colors, so I don't think I can really give you a rating for something that took so little effort. I just did it in about eight seconds (from the moment I saved the first picture).

Still, it looks cool.

Thanks.

Brass, ask your mother.

#6 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 12:52 PM

It's cool but what is so special about it?

What is it?
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#7 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 01:18 PM

It's art.

And pretty damn cool art. 9/10

#8 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 07:23 PM

I'd give it a 6/10.

In my opinion, the placement of the diagonal lines takes away from the interesting group of 3-d images you have below them. It's kind of cutting the image in half. I'd like to see more of the 3-d stuff, and less of the stripes above the diagonals. Simply put, I think if you move the diagonals up towards the top left corner some more to show off some of the 3-d stuff, it might be a little more interesting. Just my two cents. Good color choice with the green, not a big fan of the purple.

-Groove
(school of the arts power +5)

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#9 Omega

Omega

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 05:29 PM

Call me crazy, but I actually like the green color scheme. And, not knowing anything about art, I think it's pretty bitchin'. 9/10.
QUOTE(Vishamon)
My rule is that those wearing a thong are considered to be invisible to other players.

#10 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 06:08 PM

The bottom right corner is good, but the rest of it messes it up. 6/10.

#11 FoeHammer

FoeHammer

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 07:49 PM

In my opinion, the placement of the diagonal lines takes away from the interesting group of 3-d images you have below them. It's kind of cutting the image in half. I'd like to see more of the 3-d stuff, and less of the stripes above the diagonals. Simply put, I think if you move the diagonals up towards the top left corner some more to show off some of the 3-d stuff, it might be a little more interesting.(says Groove)

I agree

The Hammer likes the second very much. Substance, I wasnt aware your an artist. (Hey me two!!) Did you make the origonal? I personaly like the purple better, but all you did was invert it...

Props 8/10

#12 PiMpDaDdY

PiMpDaDdY

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 09:28 PM

Nice job on the green one. I'll give it a 7/10 Kinda off topic but where does one aquire photoshop?
NerfMonkey:
I only ask because I'm thinking of trying these and it would suck if the balls got all covered with hairs after a while.

#13 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 11:46 PM

Buy it or download a crack.

#14 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 05:40 AM

Same old, same old.

5/10.
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#15 Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 07:09 PM

Same old, same old.

5/10.

I just started doing comp-art a couple months ago. This is one of my first creations.

Here are a couple animateds I did while I was in school: (P.S They are pretty stupid and I made them to impress the girls :P )

Posted Image

Posted Image

^ I simply animated the original parental advisory sign to blink red.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Substance Abuse, 14 November 2006 - 07:10 PM.

Brass, ask your mother.

#16 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 07:31 PM

It's easier to do those kinds of animations in Flash than Photoshop methinks.

Nice though.

#17 Lancaster

Lancaster

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 09:49 PM

I've been working with Maya, the 3D imaging program used by Pixar and in games like F.E.A.R. I mad a turbolaser from Star Wars today in about 20 minutes.

Posted Image

#18 Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 11:03 PM

Lancaster that is very cool. How much does a program like that go for?

Brass, ask your mother.

#19 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 01:57 AM

Lancaster that is very cool. How much does a program like that go for?

$280-$7,000. I recommend Blender, which is a freeware, open source, heavily supported, and still competitive 3D creation program. I've used both, and I like Blender better, it's more user friendly and can do most of the same Maya can for none of the cost. If you have no 3D experiance, either of those will probably make no sense to you, in which case I'd reccomend Rhino, which will still be a jump but shouldn't be too bad. It's got the best UI of any (capable) 3D program I've used. Then Sketchup, which is really more of an architectural software but can produce precise mechanical parts, is actually easier to use. Unfortunately, it can't do those extreamely complicated things very well and has a permenent "sketchy" feel to it.

Both Sketchup and Blender are very friendly to using things from other programs, I know that sketchup can export to CAD drawings or pictures, and Blender exports to nearly any 3D format, though I haven't found good use for the feature (yet).

Posted Image
Edit: Here is a picture of something I did in about an hour on Blender, and I could dig up 2 identical ships done in Maya and Blender that rendered... well... identically. The only difference was that the one in Blender was quicker to do.

Edited by Meaker VI, 15 November 2006 - 02:17 AM.

#20 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 06:43 AM

Substance Abuse -> I told you what I thought, straight up. It's the same old style.

Stay in it though, don't let wankers like myself discourage you. Try and be unique!
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#21 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 03:49 PM

Same old, same old.

5/10.

I just started doing comp-art a couple months ago. This is one of my first creations.

Here are a couple animateds I did while I was in school: (P.S They are pretty stupid and I made them to impress the girls B) )

Posted Image

Posted Image

^ I simply animated the original parental advisory sign to blink red.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That's weird. I recognized those pictures from that kid named Jaw7y0nto or something who used to post on NHQ (he was part of Solidius's clan thing and was banned twice, the second time being after he created a new username called Underscore). He posted them somewhere on NHQ. I checked the Photobucket account that those pictures are from and there was also this:

Posted Image

NewAtNerf19 posted that in one of the many idiotic Runescape threads on NHQ.

And then I looked at this thread: http://www.nerfhq.co...hp?topic=2960.0, and you seem to have the same Photobucket account as NewAtNerf19, who was banned several times from NHQ for creating about five or six accounts.

So, I'm thinking you're on a different computer than you were then and were able to get away with creating a new account on NHQ (Substance Abuse) and then eventually moved over here. Jaw7y0nto lived in Utah though, and you live in NJ, so I don't know what to make of this. If you are him you must have moved.

You seem a lot smarter as Substance Abuse than Jaws though. :D

Edited by NerfMonkey, 15 November 2006 - 03:54 PM.

SexD Warves

#22 PvtMcFlurry

PvtMcFlurry

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 03:55 PM

...owned

Edited by Pvt.McFlurry, 15 November 2006 - 03:58 PM.

QUOTE(Cannonball @ Oct 26 2007, 11:47 PM) View Post

I'm anxiously awaiting the hasbro over throw.

One Man Clan, or One Man Company?

Crossbow Mod.

#23 Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 07:28 PM

Nerfmonkey- that image of runescape I found off google. I did not make it. When I used to play runescape I used to try to find cool images. I am not NAN or whatever. You can IP Check me and I can proove I am not him. I personally think you are trying way to hard to get me banned (for whatever reason)

Go Ip check me. I gaurantee You wil find that I am not NAN...

And I have lived in the same spot for my whole life. I havn't moved anywhere...

As of my photobucket account? I don't know what to tell you. I have had the screename spamstayshere92 for about 2 years.

Edited by Substance Abuse, 15 November 2006 - 07:37 PM.

Brass, ask your mother.

#24 meiser5

meiser5

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 09:19 PM

The similarities between the photobucket acounts are very fishy... But, I am not one to judge whether you are Nan or not so I will go back on subject.

The Pic is slightly above average, I have seen better although I love the green color scheme. Good job considering you have only been in it for a while and keep up the good work.

Meiser--- :P
Account Suspension Notification

[DYE]Terminator[gen],
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you. Shindig doesn't like you either. You watch yourself, we're wanted men. I have the death sentence on 12 systems.
Talio---

#25 Drano

Drano

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 01:04 AM

I'd give it a 6/10.

In my opinion, the placement of the diagonal lines takes away from the interesting group of 3-d images you have below them. It's kind of cutting the image in half. I'd like to see more of the 3-d stuff, and less of the stripes above the diagonals. Simply put, I think if you move the diagonals up towards the top left corner some more to show off some of the 3-d stuff, it might be a little more interesting. Just my two cents.

You're probably right.

But I do think there is something to be said about the 50/50 thing. its a very "static vs. dynamic" statement.
and not only that but the motif also continues with the circular dealies in the middle.

substance abuse: if you had known what argument you were making in these, i would have given it a 7
but unless thats the case, i also give it a 6

very good attempt
but dont expect or get used to people saying that.

...also, don't just quit on this. keep working on this image.

Edited by Drano, 16 November 2006 - 01:11 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users