Photo

New Nerf Game! (thought)

New game that seems like it could be fun!

29 replies to this topic

#1 Bucfan

Bucfan

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 02:09 PM

I was playing the board game Risk the other day with my pop, and I thought hey, we could transform this into a nerf game! Up to six different teams, each little plastic person you can get represents one life for your team, and you could play over a few days for total domination of the globe! You would play regular Risk rules and everything, with reinforcements and everything, and you can see how you could get some really intense battles going. I figure at minimum you would need at least 3 people per team, and at least 2 teams. What other rules could you have? I want to try to make this playable for my squad, so if anyone could critique it to make it better could you guys tell me? Thanks a lot! :lol:

Oops I just thought of another idea, you could use like half the globe for an easier and quicker game.

Edited by Bucfan, 26 October 2006 - 02:12 PM.

For sale: parachute, used once, never opened, small stain.

#2 Cthulhu

Cthulhu

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 05:59 PM

That is a cool idea but seriously risk takes long enough to play already.
QUOTE(WratH @ Sep 5 2006, 02:45 PM) View Post

Whats with you idiots and all these ancient god names? Call it FuckingPecan or something.

Mmmmmm.... Pie

#3 Bucfan

Bucfan

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 06:28 PM

Yeah that's why you could play continents or something but I see what your saying about it taking forever. Also you could probably get it done within a day or so if you only played with a continent or two. Hey another idea maybe you could like time it or something for 2-3 hours, whoever has the most territories wins. It's a possibility. :lol:

#4 Bucfan

Bucfan

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 02:57 PM

OK, played this scenario over the weekend, and it worked quite well. My team lost, but it was still fun. Tactics truly are the hardest part. Playing with two continents (N. and S. America) it only took us about 2 hours. Has anyone else even attempted this? It's pretty fun! :(

#5 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 03:20 AM

I'm still missing the point. How can Risk be related to Nerf in any way?

Be careful, NH is on cleanse mode, and your thread is something a few others might not enjoy seeing. The Off Topic section might have suited this better.
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#6 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 11:35 AM

I was playing the board game Risk the other day with my pop, and I thought hey, we could transform this into a nerf game!...

It's good to know you and your dad play games together. That's going on my reminder list...now....

Up to six different teams, each little plastic person you can get represents one life for your team, and you could play over a few daysfor total domination of the globe!

Domination of the globe? Nerf? I think we might be a little confused.

You would play regular Risk rules and everything, with reinforcements and everything, and you can see how you could get some really intense battles going.

As LOTR34 said, I don't see any correlation to Nerf...just Risk. What's wrong with playing Risk with your Nerf buddies when it's raining/ snowing/ dropping brimstone outside? With regular Risk rules.

I figure at minimum you would need at least 3 people per team, and at least 2 teams. What other rules could you have?

I have enough trouble rounding up more than four people for a quick skirmish. I don't think I'd be as successful rounding up six or more for an overnighter of Risk.

I want to try to make this playable for my squad, so if anyone could critique it to make it better could you guys tell me? Thanks a lot! ^_^

My advice again, reflects the majority of those who responded (and probably even care.)...keep Risk, Risk...and keep Nerf, Nerf. If you want to invent your own variant, that's your initiative, but it doesn't seem to be of interest to our members.

Oops I just thought of another idea, you could use like half the globe for an easier and quicker game.

I just fell off my chair laughing. Somehow "easy and quick", never quite fit my idea of "Risk". That's why it's such a fun rainy day game to play. It can kill a whole day in one episode.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#7 Bucfan

Bucfan

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 03:05 PM

Ok I get the picture, I know I'm a noob, and I suck, you guys rule, Pineapple, thank you for being corteous, but LordoftheRing434, please be a little nicer. I now get that my idea sucks but come on I was just trying to be a little enthusiastic. :( Woah you make me want to cry. (not really) Sooooo.... whats wrong with putting things together? Yo no comprendo! It was fun when I played don't knock it untill you try it. Thank you Pineapple for your input though, seriously. ^_^

Edited by Bucfan, 31 October 2006 - 03:06 PM.

#8 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 04:33 PM

The whole point of nerf is to have fun. If you'r game is fun for you, go for it. I thought it sounded interesting, PM me with a more complete list of rules and I'll give it a try with my folks and then report as to how well it worked, as opposed to just blasting it before trying it.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#9 Bucfan

Bucfan

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 02:58 PM

Oh my gosh you rule, one person who didn't shoot down my idea. Ok I will post a permanent set of rules next Monday or so so my squad can work out the kinks. Cool, thank you! :) :D :D

#10 Capt Crunch2319

Capt Crunch2319

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 03:55 PM

maybe if you turned it into where the (six) teams have 10 or more points they have to control for a certain time?
:D :)

you can PM me for the details!!!
"It looks kinda like a cat...no more like a puma"
"what in the sam hell is a puma?"

(other team)"I don't belive this they got some kind of car!"
"A car...what does it look like?"
"like some kind of cat...like a puma"

#11 Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 04:38 PM

I see what you are trying to say about a new game idea. Using the game risk would probably be one of the better choices of a game. But I personally think hasbro should produce Nerf Monopoly. The whole board can be filled with different nerf spots and you are there to conquer each spot.

I dont know maybe it sounds stupid but I know for sure that I would play it.

Edited by Substance Abuse, 01 November 2006 - 04:38 PM.

QUOTE(Brass @ Jul 6 2007, 10:30 PM) View Post

QUOTE(keef @ Jul 6 2007, 09:29 PM) View Post

Yeah, I'm in the same case as Substance Abuse...
Brass, ask your mother.

She said your dad owes her three dollars.

#12 bigbob

bigbob

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 09:09 PM

I see what you are trying to say about a new game idea. Using the game risk would probably be one of the better choices of a game. But I personally think hasbro should produce Nerf Monopoly. The whole board can be filled with different nerf spots and you are there to conquer each spot.

I dont know maybe it sounds stupid but I know for sure that I would play it.

Nerf Monopoly does sound geious. I found this and it has a computer program that can make the spaces and stuff or you. What if we created an official one of those and passed it around over the internet! That would be fun! eBay has it for like $20 shipped.
As for the risk version, I actually think it sounds like a good idea. It would make it more fun with a little more strategy and less luck. It seems like it would take too long though.

#13 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 09:30 PM

Nerf Risk? Do you mean you have the Risk board set up, and the outcome of each battle on the board is decided by a miniture Nerf war between you and your friends, instead of by rolling the dice?

Probably dead by now, or something.

#14 Capt Crunch2319

Capt Crunch2319

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 04:00 PM

that does sound like a good idea.

but you would be vary tired after 5 or 6 battles in a row. :ph34r: :wacko:

#15 Bucfan

Bucfan

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 04:15 PM

Ahaha finally some decent responses! Thank you for showing intrest in the topic! CaptainCrunch incredible idea! I never thought of that! Ok Here it goes "sigh" the official "Nisk" rules.

1.)Divide up into even teams
2.)Each team chhoses a team captain ( this person is responsoble for making the moves on the Risk board)
3.)Choose a game type (total domination, continents, or empire)

Rules for total domination

1.)Each team must capture every territory
2.)Start off by dividing up the territories in a turn based order.
3.)Start with 35 troops
4.)There must be at least 2 troops to attack another country
5.)when the attacking life force equals 1, you must stop attacking
6.)Each troop counts as a life for your team
7.)Each turn you get1 troop per country divided by 3 (thats the rules)
8.)You may trade in your risk cards for troops on your turn (if you play risk you know what I'm talking about)
9.)you may attack as many times as you want
10.)The control of countries is decided by a nerf battle
11.)When a battle begins, you play regular team engagement rules
12.)Whoever wins captures the territory or keeps it in thier possesion
13.)Write feedback to nerf haven thread :wacko:

Rules for continents
1.)Play domination rules but play with only one or two continents
2.)You may play a timed match, and whomever has the most territories at the end of the time wins

Rules for Empire
1.)Play total domination rules
2.)For a two team match, you must capture 30 territories
3.)For 3 players- 25 territories
4.)for 4 players-20 territories
5.)For 5-6 players-20 territories also
6.)This match may also be timed
7.)These territories must be held for a minimum of 5 turns

Ok, enjoy! Please notify me if you have any more suggestions!

p.s.-Thank you for appologizing for your actions! (you know who you are) :ph34r:

Edited by Bucfan, 09 November 2006 - 06:24 PM.

#16 Bucfan

Bucfan

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 02:59 PM

This game is truly supendous now. Me and my squad played again on tuesday with the printed out rules. Has anyone tried it yet? Hey I can still revise the rules if anyone has any better ideas! Feedback is needed! ;)
Thank you!

#17 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 03:50 PM

Ahaha finally some decent responses! Thank you for showing intrest in the topic! CaptainCrunch incredible idea! I never thought of that! Ok Here it goes "sigh" the official "Nisk" rules.

1.)Divide up into even teams
2.)Each team chhoses a team captain ( this person is responsoble for making the moves on the Risk board)
3.)Choose a game type (total domination, continents, or empire)

Rules for total domination

1.)Each team must capture every territory
2.)Start off by dividing up the territories in a turn based order.
3.)Start with 35 troops
4.)There must be at least 2 troops to attack another country
5.)when the attacking life force equals 1, you must stop attacking
6.)Each troop counts as a life for your team
7.)Each turn you get1 troop per country divided by 3 (thats the rules)
8.)You may trade in your risk cards for troops on your turn (if you play risk you know what I'm talking about)
9.)you may attack as many times as you want
10.)When a battle begins, you play regular team engagement rules
11.)Whoever wins captures the territory or keeps it in thier possesion
12.)Write feedback to nerf haven thread ;)

Rules for continents
1.)Play domination rules but play with only one or two continents
2.)You may play a timed match, and whomever has the most territories at the end of the time wins

Rules for Empire
1.)Play total domination rules
2.)For a two team match, you must capture 30 territories
3.)For 3 players- 25 territories
4.)for 4 players-20 territories
5.)For 5-6 players-20 territories also
6.)This match may also be timed
7.)These territories must be held for a minimum of 5 turns

Ok, enjoy! Please notify me if you have any more suggestions!

p.s.-Thank you for appologizing for your actions! (you know who you are) :rolleyes:

I don't see how this is related to Nerf at all. It looks like regular Risk rules to me with a few changes. It doesn't involve Nerf guns, it doesn't involve modding, it doesn't involve ACTUAL NERFING and it doesn't have anything to do with Nerf. I'd play Risk and just call it Risk. Also, if you have that many people in your "squad" to play this game with why don't you spend that time Nerfing? I'd kill to be able to get a few people together to Nerf for a while, and if you're on a Nerf forum why don't you do that?

I just really don't see the point. True, I did make up my own geeky Nerf board game but it was completely from scratch and had no borrowed rules from any pre-existing games. It's fun to screw around with but only because it involves things related to Nerf, hence the name "Nerf boardgame." Not "Risk Played by Someone who Happens to Nerf."

I'm sure you'll yell at me for this and take it as a flame, but I'm just curious as to why you call it "Nisk" if it has nothing at all to do with Nerf.

Good luck with it; if you enjoy it that's all that matters, I just don't see the correlation between Risk and Nerf.

Edited by NerfMonkey, 09 November 2006 - 03:53 PM.

SexD Warves

#18 Capt Crunch2319

Capt Crunch2319

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 04:06 PM

Well okay,
you battle with each round of attacking
duh!!

Edited by Capt. Crunch2319, 09 November 2006 - 04:06 PM.

#19 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 04:12 PM

Well okay,
you battle with each round of attacking
duh!!

Leave that to the original creator of the game to answer. You can't even type coherently and have undoubtedly never actually Nerfed anyway so please, let him answer.

Like I said, if you have fun with it go ahead but it doesn't have anything to do with Nerf. If you mean physically Nerfing with each "attack," why don't you just...you know...Nerf? It's a good idea, I just suggest making it involve some element of Nerf and keep actual Nerfing separate.

Edited by NerfMonkey, 09 November 2006 - 04:15 PM.

SexD Warves

#20 Bucfan

Bucfan

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 06:21 PM

hey man that's not cool. Actually capn crunch was right, you do decide the battles by nerfing. Basically it's just a way to make nerfing more fun. Don't crack on it 'till you try it! Read the rules! It clearly states that you play regular engagement rules! Okay, I'll revise it so everyone understands ok? ;) No hard feelings, k?

#21 Bad Karma

Bad Karma

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 10:07 AM

To the members who are giving this fellow a hard time. Nerf has always been about creativity. I'm sure when the first nerfers started telling people about their idea they met some criticism too.

Sound kinda complicated. Good try though, pretty creative.

I have some questions though.

1) How would you split your backyard up into countries, or territories?

2) If one person represents a life of the team, what would be the hit rules?

3) What would be the role of a the Capitan? Would he sit back and do strategy, or is he there for organization in the beginning?

4) How does this really differ from your good 'ol TDM?
Da BK 02: well...I just wanted to tell you...since your going to be dieing...I 've always hated you...and I mean that
TheTalio: Fuck you...I still love you

#22 Capt Crunch2319

Capt Crunch2319

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 01:12 PM

Hey, monkey I have been nerfing for 2 1/2 years now in the blackknights clan.

The name is snake. :ph34r: <_<

#23 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 04:28 PM

Sorry, I totally misunderstood. I was thinking you meant you played it on a board and just played regular Risk but actually shot each other to determine the outcome of the game.

It makes more sense now and sounds pretty cool. My apologies.

Edited by NerfMonkey, 13 November 2006 - 03:47 PM.

SexD Warves

#24 Capt Crunch2319

Capt Crunch2319

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 06:06 PM

Its aright, I kinda went off on you there.

sorry!! :ph34r: <_<

Edited by Capt. Crunch2319, 10 November 2006 - 06:06 PM.

#25 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 12:21 PM

I'm sorry if this has been addressed already, I read this topic twice to make sure it wasn't.

So you play Risk as you normally would. On the board.

But when battles occur, you "Nerf it out" to decide the victor instead of rolling the dice? Is that it?

This may have been clearly stated already but I didn't see it.
2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users