Photo

Unique Guns?

12 replies to this topic

#1 trogdor65

trogdor65

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 06:48 PM

What guns do you think are very unique, they stand away from the rest because of the way function, not necessarily preform well but unique in how interesting and strange the gun functions.

I'll start of with one gun, please add to the list.

The Double Shot is a very unique gun because it look very realistic, has an interesting system of pulleys that cock the gun, and it ejects shells when you push down on the barrel. Just like a real shotgun. Thats one gun I think is unique, add to the list.

~trogdor
the burninator

#2 PREDATOR

PREDATOR

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 07:12 PM

I'll go with the manta ray because of its ability to be a shield and its design. Also the supermaxx 5000 because you can switch the barrels to shoot balls, arrows, and darts.

Edited by PREDATOR, 09 October 2006 - 07:13 PM.

QUOTE(Groove @ Apr 29 2007, 11:03 PM) View Post

Wise man always say, "Arguing on the internet is like winning the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded."
-Groove

#3 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 07:17 PM

The Double Shot is a very unique gun because it look very realistic

O yea, the yellow is REALLY realistic looking. No but I get what you are saying.

Well every gun is kind of unique in its own way....
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#4 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 07:39 PM

Not true. The Longshot is basically a Sawtooth and the Nstrike Rifle is basically a blastfire. I'm sure there are some other examples, but I believe the Detonator is the most unique. :rolleyes:

#5 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 09:05 PM

Not true. The Longshot is basically a Sawtooth and the Nstrike Rifle is basically a blastfire.

The longshot is basically a sawtooth? What are you talking about? Last time I checked the sawtooth didn't have a scope/bipod, bolt action, 2 guns to it, and 80' + ranges. The hornet is similar to the Blastfire but the blastfire is not as wide and I think performs better, and is more consistent.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#6 PREDATOR

PREDATOR

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 09:14 PM

I forgot about commlink and the missel launcher.
QUOTE(Groove @ Apr 29 2007, 11:03 PM) View Post

Wise man always say, "Arguing on the internet is like winning the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded."
-Groove

#7 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 09:57 PM

Lets see -
Basics of a Longshot(not the shitty built in pistol) -
  • Clip Fed
  • A horizontal cocking handle that slides backwards and forwards
  • Scope(If you insist, but it only proves my point more)
Basics of a Sawtooth -
  • Clip Fed
  • A horizontal cocking handle that slides backwards and forwards
  • Scope(Don't even argue it, it had one)
Who gives a shit if they put a stronger spring/better feeding system in it, it is still very close to the same concept.

#8 bigbob

bigbob

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 10:39 PM

It may be really crappy with out making it un-unique (almost stationary PVC barrel), but the whiptail scorpion is unique. I mean, how many guns launch their darts like a trebuchet, except wtih a tiny bit of air to propel it.

Edited by bigbob, 09 October 2006 - 10:40 PM.

#9 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 10:45 PM

I'm gonna have to go with the Razorbeast. As far as I know, it's the only chain fed gun that uses a crank to shoot darts. And it's probably going to be the only gun to do that. Though it would be really neat if they made another gun like that.

#10 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 10:46 PM

There are a lot of unique guns in Nerf.

Splitfire

Perceptor

Fast Action Buzz Bee Rifle (AKA Fast POS)

Buzz Bee Fastblast

Double Crossbox (one two shot arrow shooter)

The list goes on. I think you should change your topic to a unique gun setup...you know, everyone posts a pic of there favorite modded gun that they use
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#11 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 01:32 AM

I'm going to have to go with the gyrostrike. It's the only gun ever put into production that successfully annoyed me the most.

It combines all of the top three things that make a nerf gun horrible:

Massive size
Hand-powered revving (which uses spinning flywheels to push the projectile)
Gargantuan Ammunition

The ripsaw had some of those qualities, but it was far smaller. The gyrostrike was just utterly pointless (though I daresay I've never seen the shell of a gun that had the potential to hold more integrated guns than a gyrostrike. Funny that no one ever did anything of the sort with it.)
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#12 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 06:28 AM

Bungee Blaster. It's one of the only SILENT nerf guns out there. Fires weird ass ammo though.
I hate you.

#13 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 12:20 AM

I think it is the only silent gun.

Good call, OMC.

I'm going to throw in the Airtech Jet Squadron. Partially because it's the first gun I recall ever seeing go onto shelves, only to be virtually ignored by the community. Even the slingshot gets mentioned more than this thing...

Edited by Falcon, 12 October 2006 - 12:20 AM.

----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users