Photo

Eye Protection

Is it really necessary

30 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you use eye protection? (68 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you consider eye protection necessary?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#26 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 06:35 AM

After getting shot this weekend in the eye and having the lense of my prescription glasses shot out, it just goes to prove my point. To whoever said they are "good at dodging" it doesn't matter. No one AIMS for your face, it just happens. I can't believe this thread went on this long.

WEAR EYE PROTECTION OR DO NOT NERF. It's as simple as that.

Also, ask NiporDude how his eye is feeling. He too was shot over the weekend right in the eye.
I hate you.

#27 moubeus5018

moubeus5018

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 03:16 PM

Hell Yes it's important!! Getting shot in the eye with a velcrow tipped tag dart from a moded BBB from 1 foot away SUCKS. I couldn't see out of my right eye for 2 hours.

If that had been a stefan, I would have lost an eye.

Eyewear = Good
No Eyewear = Stupid

Any questions? :P

I can vouch for that cause i did it. Sorry again bput that dave.

Edited by moubeus5018, 10 October 2006 - 03:17 PM.

We are opposite sides of the same coin. Nomatter how we face, we will never see eye to eye."

#28 mav3r1c

mav3r1c

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 02:47 PM

I think that everyone should wear some sort of goggles, but if you feel geeky doing that wear sungalsses or something. I don't really feel like losing an eye cause I wanted to look cool.

#29 meiser5

meiser5

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 03:41 PM

Oh my sweet Jesus... This thread has gotten its point across I am sure of it. If you do not wear an eye protection device (I.e.-goggles, sunglasses, glasses, mask) you WILL get hurt if you get shot in the eye. So why is every body arguing over it, it is a fact. It is a fact that if not taken seriously, can take away your vision. That is something you DO NOT GET BACK. No amount of corrective surgery will ever get you back your perfect vision. EVER. So let me get on topic and summarize my view on this topic…

If you DO wear eye protection you are at least smart enough to realize you are human, and can get hurt no matter how well you can dodge a said projectile.

If you DON’T wear eye protection during a war or skirmish you are a complete and utter dumbass and should not even think of playing a projectile sport, I do not give a flying shit if you are Bruce Lee himself, no amount of dodging and weaving in and out of your opponents line of fire can present you a 100% chance of not getting hit in the eye.

Know I understand that this may be offensive to some people so let me clear this up, I am not talking about people who do not wear eye protection when modding or anything else, solely during wars or skirmishes.

So in closing remember this…

You Better Not do That Without Some Protection!!! B)
(That totally did not come out right… B) )

Meiser--- B)
Account Suspension Notification

[DYE]Terminator[gen],
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you. Shindig doesn't like you either. You watch yourself, we're wanted men. I have the death sentence on 12 systems.
Talio---

#30 mav3r1c

mav3r1c

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 03:54 PM

Know I understand that this may be offensive to some people so let me clear this up, I am not talking about people who do not wear eye protection when modding or anything else, solely during wars or skirmishes.

I disagree. I think that you should be even more worried about eye protection when cutting things. My uncle lost and eye when a piece of plastic went flying into it.

#31 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 05:11 PM

WEAR EYE PROTECTION OR DO NOT NERF. It's as simple as that.

That's about as simple as it gets. Listen to the big guy so he doesn't have to squash you.

I can't believe this thread went on this long.

Me too.

*CLOSED*
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users