Photo

Super Soaker Defender Mod

Does Anyone have any Experience with this Gun?

2 replies to this topic

#1 Lancaster

Lancaster

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 03:17 PM

I've had this gun for a while now, and I remember seeing some super soaker nerf mods, but I can't find anything specific about this gun. I really don't know much about the design of super soakers, can someone explain how I would go about turning it into a nerf gun? I'll get some internal pics up if necessary.

Posted Image

#2 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 03:27 PM

If it is a ball valve then don't waste your time.

Here is what you do.

Open the gun.
Chop down the barrel so you get to the valve opening. This means getting rid of anything that will be firing through a pinhole. Then epoxy on a barrel or coupler to the pressure chamber on the end where the air comes out.

Pump the thing a ridiculous amount of times and possibly achieve over 100 feet.

You can also do an overpressure release valve plug. It might be easy, Like nerfs OP valves or it might be hard like most supersoaker OP valves. Where you have top cut at a certain peice of plastic tubing and plug it up. Do a search for "Check valve freezing" on a supersoaker forum and you will see what I am talking about.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#3 godzillasoaker65

godzillasoaker65

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 03:40 PM

Most Pressurised resevoir Super Soakers have the check valve in the pump, so just plug the pump like you would a Nerf gun. (by pressurised resevoir I mean that the pressure is built up where the water is held) If you don't want to pump a lot you could reduce the size of the air tank, but I don't know how you would other than puting hot glue in it. Good Luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users