Photo

The Tech Target Gun Is In Stores

49 replies to this topic

#26 Ag5nt 0o7

Ag5nt 0o7

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 10:10 AM

I had modded this gun into shit. Who ever was saying the brass stuff what did you use ? My gun goes about 55 feet with reds. :(
Posted Image

#27 lech

lech

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • State:Victoria

Posted 28 August 2003 - 04:20 PM

Use stefans, and you'll get much better range, due to the lack of a large air pocket as using"reds" has.

55 feet isn't really that bad...

#28 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 05:24 PM

why would you get a bad range with red micro darts... those are great, maybe not in that gun... if you PVC mod a max shot and use them you'll get 120 feet, lech, why would the air pocket make a difference?
ko

#29 Ag5nt 0o7

Ag5nt 0o7

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 August 2003 - 10:06 AM

Umm I didnt use brass, I used a marker and a pice of pvc but i need to know the better mod for it cuz mine [SIZE=14]Sucks
Posted Image

#30 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 29 August 2003 - 10:30 AM

Ok, well a couple of things.

First off, have any of the East Coast guys been able to find this gun. I went to the walmart today, and they didn't have any, nor any other nerf products. Well I shouldn't say any. They did have some weird vortex pistol that shoots little tiny glow in the dark darts.

Second off, and perhaps this really belongs in trading, but if anyone can get ahold of this gun for me, I will be glad to pay you for it.

Third off, is the gun actually that good. Granted that any cocking pistol at this point would be a relief, but to compare it with a lock n load. Thats a steep comparison.

Anyway,

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#31 LDM

LDM

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 29 August 2003 - 03:51 PM

Yes, Talio asked all the questions that I was going to ask.

Can anyone give any pictures of their modified Target Set Gun?

#32 ickypootoy

ickypootoy

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 August 2003 - 11:09 AM

I hope this answers your questions.

1. I live in the east coast and they had a few of these guns at my wal mart.

2. I can't sell one to you because my wal mart is now sold out of the tech target pistols.

3. This isn't that good before modification (about 25 feet) but after I simply replaced the barrel with PVC and stuck a crayola in the PVC it gets about 70 feet with red micro darts.
"GIR: Thats when the giant squirrel showed up.
Zim:GIR!
Host:Let her talk!Can't you see she is upset!Now, don't you mean dib showed up?
GIR:No. The squirrel showed up first. Then dib showed up. Then the squirrel ate dibs greasy head.And then the squirrel flewwwww away." - Invader Zim

#33 Grinch

Grinch

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 30 August 2003 - 07:34 PM

I went to my local Wal-Mart today and all they had in the "Atom Blasters" line was the Reactor.
Webmaster of Nerf World

Previously mrgrinch_nm!

#34 LiKnSmAkScOmIn

LiKnSmAkScOmIn

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 31 August 2003 - 12:06 AM

By the way, is this from the atom blasters series or a no-name series?
Morons With Guns own you.

#35 Formerly Sane

Formerly Sane

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 31 August 2003 - 07:21 PM

I think its from the atom blasters series but I know its from nerf.
NERF: www.CYCLONENERF.netfirms.com
FLASH: www.thinkhappy.netfirms.com
BAND: www.skwalrock.com

#36 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 05 September 2003 - 09:53 AM

So I went over to TRU to see if I could find a maxshot for Evil, and I noticed they finally restocked their Nerf shelf. And there it was, in all it's glory. A tech target just waiting for me. Like a gitty school girl I snagged one up and went running out of the store with squels of joy. When I got in my car, I whipped the bitch out, only to find that this is the most badass feeling weapon I have ever held. Sure the LNL might be cool, feel like a real gun, and shoot well, but christ. This gun is huge in comparison to most nerf pistol, and it makes you feel like dirty harry (go ahead, make my day!). Anyway, I'm cracking this bitch tonight when I get home, and will then decide on any modifications, but I say this, it would be perfect for a basic bungee chord and spring mod. So let me ask this. For those of you who have already modded this gun, pvc, copper or brass, and how long? I'm probably not going to put a huge barrel on it, and I'm thinking most likely brass, if I can find it. Not much more to say other than the pictures do not do this thing justice. It just looks and feels so cool.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#37 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 05 September 2003 - 06:56 PM

Talio, when you open the gun you will see that the main plunger shaft comes apart in threes. One is the tube for the plunger to fly through, next is a connecting piece for the plunger tube and barrel. Lastly is obviously the barrel. The connector piece is GOLD. If you dremel out the middle with all the holes and the peg, it fits perfectly inside 1/2" PVC. I'm workin on this mod tonight and I hope to debut it at the Fest.
I hate you.

#38 leftnut

leftnut

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 05 September 2003 - 07:15 PM

One Man Clan please tell me your results when you perfect it. I think I now need to go out and find this gun. Hell I will walk the mile in the pitch black if this is the new LNL.
"You are obviously a megalomaniacal insecure little boy stroking your faltering ego with your own hairy palm in order to prove your suedo-alpha male status..."
-BadAssReptileFarmer to Talio

#39 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 05 September 2003 - 09:23 PM

letfy worse comes to worse, i can get one for you and sell it to ya. There is a toys r us near campus that is loaded and i mean LOADED with nerf stuff. I went today and they had 2 FULL 4ft aisle sections (gondolas for those in the retail world) of nerf guns and lanard guns and other nerf knockoffs.
I hate you.

#40 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 06 September 2003 - 12:40 AM

Hersh man, you've got skills when it comes to this shit, I had to file out the sides like a bitch to get a peice of pvc to fit in there, But it fits, I feel I have completely ruined it. I too wished to have mine debuted at the fest, but we'll have to see.

Talio.

#41 leftnut

leftnut

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 06 September 2003 - 11:55 AM

Hope fully it doesn't come down to that One Man Clan. The next time I am probably going to see you is at APOC2004.
"You are obviously a megalomaniacal insecure little boy stroking your faltering ego with your own hairy palm in order to prove your suedo-alpha male status..."

#42 wtrent10

wtrent10

• Banned
  • 219 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 04:19 PM

I just got the cyclotron. it's not bad for a ball shooter. I still need to take picks and open the thing up. I'm afraid of what might happen if I do though. so, pray for me.
"This movie is the cause for all mental retardation. every kid I see walking down the street slamming their hand against their chest and yelling some incoherent sound I'm gonna point at them and yell, 'NO!!!!!!!! YOU WATCHED SKY CAPTAIN!!!!'"

~James

#43 Icy Rhapsody

Icy Rhapsody

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 07:19 PM

The tech target and the cyclotron is at amazon now
Run down exploding building. No problem. Step on childs toy. you break leg! - Uncle

#44 ickypootoy

ickypootoy

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 08:12 AM

They also put the tech target pistol up at nerf.com.
"GIR: Thats when the giant squirrel showed up.
Zim:GIR!
Host:Let her talk!Can't you see she is upset!Now, don't you mean dib showed up?
GIR:No. The squirrel showed up first. Then dib showed up. Then the squirrel ate dibs greasy head.And then the squirrel flewwwww away." - Invader Zim

#45 MysticFalcon182

MysticFalcon182

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 01:05 PM

Dark Shrimp got one at Wal-Mart in NJ... I tried it out and it gets decent unmodded distance (~30ft). He (or we) will probably mod it sometime soon. It has lots of potential...

~Mystic~

#46 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,456 posts
  • State:California

Posted 20 September 2003 - 02:45 PM

My best friend here just bought himself a Tech Target, and it works awesomely. It feels just right in my hand, and it gets good range unmodded with the whistling megas.

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

#47 leftnut

leftnut

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 20 September 2003 - 02:55 PM

Pull out the barrel and replace it with 4inches of brass, it get really good range.

#48 Grinch

Grinch

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 21 September 2003 - 12:12 AM

Pull out the barrel and replace it with 4inches of brass, it get really good range.

I just got a TTS at Wal-Mart. Is 4" a good length, or would something longer or shorter be more appropriate?
Webmaster of Nerf World

Previously mrgrinch_nm!

#49 leftnut

leftnut

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 21 September 2003 - 02:28 PM

Mine is 4inches long and gets really good range if you push the dart down the barrel.

#50 jimsbrother

jimsbrother

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 04:39 PM

My Tech Target, which was given to me by some Nerf guy at Gnomefest, is one of my favorite guns. I may only have 2, but it still shoots pretty well. I replaced the barrel with 5 inches of CPVC and stretched the spring to it capacity. It gets about 50ft and has deadly accuracy. If you pass by a Toys R Us, or a Nerf Guy, be sure to pick one up.

-Kid Dart

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users