Photo

Longshot Question

7 replies to this topic

#1 SPU-Nerf

SPU-Nerf

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 04:52 PM

So I got my Longshot today from Target and after opening it and playing around with it stock I noticed that the barrel inside the main gun is ribbed. I would think that this would make the darts not shoot as far. Have people been removing the ribbed insert or keeping them as is?

#2 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 07 August 2006 - 09:02 AM

I believe that is for her pleasure...

#3 LnLKing

LnLKing

• Banned
  • 75 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 05:39 PM

Can you put a picture of what you mean and VACC I'll admit it's a funny joke but inapproiate.
This is my rifle there are many like it but this one is mine. Without me my rifle is nothing without my rifle I am nothing.AMEN.
SEMPER FI BIATCH!

If you want peace, prepare for war.

"To All Who Enter, May All Hope Be Lost..."

#4 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 05:43 PM

It's VACC. You haven't seen inappropriate yet. That's a mild one from VACC.

SPU, I haven't seen many Longshot barrel replacement mods. The other people seem to be keeping the stock barrels though.

~ompa

#5 SPU-Nerf

SPU-Nerf

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 07:46 PM

Here is a picture of the ribbing as seen in the barrel of the detachable front part (Yes I took it apart), the ribbing continues in the barrel of the main gun.

Posted Image

#6 Walter

Walter

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 02:41 AM

that is the faux rifling I had mentioned in another topic (in general nerf) and I believe it has no function, that wouldn't be arrived at with a loose fitting tube. The Dart may rub against this faux rifling, but if anything, this helps the dart fly straight once you have more power in it via modification.

#7 Nomyud

Nomyud

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 09:24 AM

I think the ribs are just for looks. They don't really do much anywho since the barrel is bigger than the rounds by a fair margin. Prolly intended on nerf's part to make sure the rounds don't go out too fast.

#8 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 12:36 PM

I think the ribs are just for looks. They don't really do much anywho since the barrel is bigger than the rounds by a fair margin. Prolly intended on nerf's part to make sure the rounds don't go out too fast.

Agreed.

They don't do ANYTHING except give the barrel a rifled look.

Prolly intended on Nerf's part to make sure kids start talking about how rifled barrels increase dart accuracy, velocity, and other exaggerations for months to come.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users