Photo

Toys R Us

32 replies to this topic

#26 cman

cman

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 11:29 PM

I just went to the TRU in San Diego looking for a Max Shot but they didn't have any so I bought a RF20. I got the last one. They also had a cheap blowgun, the Tek Series ball gun, and the whole AirTech line.
Check out Nerf Wars and Nerf Wars Forums

#27 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 11:26 AM

I've now been to 4 TRUs in the SoCal area.

Haul:

3x Max Shot
2x AT3k

Also saw:

20+ RF20
10+ AT1k

...and that new line with the 6-shooter that's a clone of the SM250.

Pretty weak if you ask me. The AT3k is on the back of the new-style RF20 box so hopefully they'll restock that eventually.

Gonna go to (KB) Toy Liquidators this weekend and see what they've got.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#28 THE CHEAT

THE CHEAT

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 12:29 PM

with the Uruk-Hai crossbow couldnt u just add rubberbands and shove wutever fits down the barrel and shoot it?

^_^

#29 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 11:26 PM

I'm... not entirely sure what you're asking. The stock barrel is about an inch in diameter, I don't think you want to use darts that big.

5th TRU today... salvation!

Bought a dozen guns, Max Shot and AT3k.

Discovered they hide the overstock in the bins behind the "Nerf or Nuthin" signs over the shelving.

My NIB collection is now up to:

17 Max Shot
8 AT3k
3 PC
3 SF
2 BF
1 RF20

mmmmmm... hoarding.

#30 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 02:08 AM

...17 Max Shot...

mmmmmm... hoarding.

cx, you are killing me...

I have another trip to HNL on Friday. I hope I find a Max Shot at the TrU there, just one even, hopefully 10. I am getting frustrated (see the white hair? Oh, that's age related, never mind).

If all else fails, I'll go back to fixing up AT 3000s. I know they're at most of the big stores there. Gah.

Desperately,

-Piney- :rolleyes:
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#31 wtrent10

wtrent10

• Banned
  • 219 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 10:48 AM

[QUOTE]Where the fruit are you located[QUOTE] (my quotes won't work)

chicago, but the closest one is in indiana :lol: , anyways

I went to mijers to see if they had the tt (tech target) and they didn't, but just to check if they had it and it was out of stock I checked all the little lables attached to the shelves and one of them said "nerf cyclotron" and a little sticker next to it had little boxes that you check off to tell why they didn't have it and out of stock was checked!!!!!! Hopefully they'll have it next week when we go back to michigan.
"This movie is the cause for all mental retardation. every kid I see walking down the street slamming their hand against their chest and yelling some incoherent sound I'm gonna point at them and yell, 'NO!!!!!!!! YOU WATCHED SKY CAPTAIN!!!!'"

~James

#32 Lord of the Foam

Lord of the Foam

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 September 2003 - 11:48 PM

yo cx are u gonna keep all seventeen and make it so we cant get any...or are u gonna sell them to us for like 15.00 bucks.....
"dont be too proud of this technological terror youve invented"
-Darth Vadar

#33 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 03:22 PM

Neither.

I'm gonna wait a year and start selling them on ebay at 4 month intervals. They should fund this site for about 6 years... <g>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users