I think the title says it all...

37 replies to this topic

#26 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 20 August 2006 - 01:38 PM

I think he's off to college. I forgot about a thing I've got going on on monday, ontthing incredibly important, but I may or may not be available. I'll check the boards tonight when I get home and tomorrow morning, so if you guys can plan it, I could probably come, the closer, locationwise, the better. I may actually be able to bring some people too. I'd be cool with having it in St. Paul, since that's where me and my people are, and that is where Janga is, well MLPS, but almost, so it seem It would be most logical for it to be somewhere in the twin cities.

#27 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • State:Washington

Posted 20 August 2006 - 04:38 PM

I don't think it's gunna work for me if it's before 12. I'd drive 45 mins, nerf for 90 mins, and drive back for my dentist appt.

Total drive time: 90 mins
Total Nerf time: 90 mins

If gas prices weren't where they are now, I might consider it a little more but otherwise I just don't think it's going to happen for me. Sorry guys.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#28 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 05:25 AM

No problem, me and Carrtoon will talk once he moves into his dorm and then online we'll all plot out a good weekend for a Minnesota war, and we'll grab EVERYONE. Sounds like a no-go for Monday.
"The 'dance goes on..."

#29 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 09:55 AM

Yeah Today's not going to work.

#30 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 09:10 PM

You know what else we should do... go on the Frappr map (link in my sig) and e-mail all those guys, too.

Not right now, but when we next plan something.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
V

#31 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 07:01 PM

If you guys plan anything after September 1st, let me know. I'll be down there for good then.
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#32 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 05:24 PM

Well school just started for me today. So I was looking the calendar, and I'm pretty much booked until Christmas break. I may be able to attend something between now and then (as long as it's not too far away), but I for sure won't be able to planning anything.
That said, How many would be interested in Nerfing at an indoor paintball place? Here is the link.
WE would need at least 16 people that could commit, and they would have to pay a little bit. They say its $30 per person to rent it out for 2 hours, but that's with all of the paintball stuff. I haven't contacted them, but If anyone would like to take charge of planning this, I would help out as much as possible.
So what do you guys think.?

#33 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 07:10 PM

Iono, Sam... it sounds great and all, but I'm not sure if we can guarantee 16. And even if 16 say they'll come... I dunno.

I'm also not sure how much of the clan is willing to pay $30 for two hours. I could understand if it was all- or even half a day, but $30 is quite a bit of money. I suppose, though, if they discount us for not having all the paintball stuff, that might work out.

So, a maybe from the Nerd Squad.
V

#34 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 01:41 PM

Ok so we all obviously want another nerf war and most people would rather not cough up $20 bucks or so for renting out a paintball place if there is another option. Well heres one: At the same uncles house that I was talking about before there is this rather large garage. It is about the size of a garage at your average firestation (at least the ones around where I live). And its heated! I will get some pics and drag Flaming Hilt down there some weekend so you guys will belive that it is real. I know that this is a little bit unbelievable But I swear one the holy bible it is all true. The place isnt as big as ...what I would assume the paintball place would be but if wee have a group about the size of the one we had last time or maybe even a little bit bigger we could move a bunch of stuff in there to use as obsticals and barricades. or we could play outside on the black top if it isnt too cold.

So to summerize all that: Big place, free (except for gas), pics up soon, its real I swear.
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#35 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 02:42 PM

There may be a chance for some nerf action after all. I might be playing some CTF with some friends today, and hopefully we can plan something for the future, sometime toward the end of Oct., probably. I'll let you guys know tomorrow.

#36 killer nerf

killer nerf

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 04:20 PM

im sorta new to wars but is there an age limit?

#37 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 04:39 PM

Oh, dear. This topic is over 2 years old; reviving dead threads is extremely erotic. And no, not generally.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#38 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 05:28 PM

To answer your question (as I would guess you are MN nerfer) if you can take hits from heavy hitting guns without crying or telling your mommy that we suck, or can put up with some obscene and vulgar language, and weather.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users