Backlash Range Test

most underrated nerf gun ever

5 replies to this topic

#1 Arcanum

Arcanum

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 05:12 PM

I made a video of a range test I did with my modified backlash, which is in my opinion the most underrated nerf gun ever.

See "backlash" under reviews on nerfcenter.com if you don't know the gun

I was also testing out windows movie maker when I transfered it to the PC so thats why all the effects and music are in there.

There is about a 3-4 ft. dart skip so if you watch the video you'll see the ranges.

Universtiy of Illinois Fighting Illini

#2 warx

warx

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 05:58 PM

Nice work, although a few questions come to mind:

1) How exactly does the trigger system work?

2) Is it comfortable enough for use in a war?

3) In theory, could one not convert the Backlash into a pistol, but keep it as a blaster-booby-trap while still getting the same performance?
The perfect signature does not exsist.

#3 SirTofu

SirTofu

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 06:02 PM

It looks really inaccurate, because of the firing mech.

Edited by SirTofu, 18 July 2006 - 06:03 PM.

Nobody online Nerfs in the SE :(

#4 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 12:20 AM

I am sure that the firing mechanism could be easily modified for a more normal trigger. All you would have to do would be to tie a string around the hole in the current trigger and then go around some pulleys (wheels... corners...)/thorugh some cpvc until you tie it onto the trigger, which would have to be in a slide. I'd be happy to engineer one for you if you want. : oD PM me.

Otherwise, I'd recommend not putting that thing in your pocket. Lack of a trigger guard means it could fire off the rim of your pocket. I've had that happen with my CF before. Very annoying. *cries.*
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#5 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 12:27 AM

I always wanted a backlash. It would seem vital in certain Assassin situations.
The video gave me a plug to my pump action shotgun comparison, sweet.
It is good to see more nerf videos on the net. (Even though the music was horrible)

EDIT: You should post a write up and have it added to the directory. You would be the first one on NH and possibly even the NIC to post a write up on the backlash.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 19 July 2006 - 12:52 PM.

I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#6 Arcanum

Arcanum

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 08:52 AM

Nice work, although a few questions come to mind:

1) How exactly does the trigger system work?

2) Is it comfortable enough for use in a war?

3) In theory, could one not convert the Backlash into a pistol, but keep it as a blaster-booby-trap while still getting the same performance?

1) When that piece is pulled back, it lifts up the entire plastic bar on top of the gun, which in turn releases the plunger rod

2) My friends and I have found that it is quite reliable in our wars

3) Yes! I set it up outside my door and shot my friend. It is very inaccurate when fired with the string attached to the firing mech though.

SirTofu, the firing mech does create some ridiculous knockback, but it is very accurate once you figure out how to aim it with the recoil.
Universtiy of Illinois Fighting Illini

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users