New Pistol

Thanks Boltsniper

28 replies to this topic

#26 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 10:36 AM

Lookin Good Ompa, I'm loving it. Any chance you would be able to post some more info on how you built the mag and magwell for this puppy? And if possible, some measurements for barrel length (as well as where the slot is positioned, and measures for it too), as well as bolt length? Thanks.

Promy
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#27 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 08:22 PM

Ompa, how do your darts stay in the mag when it's not loaded into the magwell?
I am having slight issues with this. Thanks.

Promy
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#28 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 10:50 PM

As of now all my clips have just used a paper clip that's been straighened straight through the balsa... It keeps the darts in the magazine. Unfortunately, as far as I'm aware there are very few shell-less detachable clip designs out there, so it's kind of a open area for advancement. Because the whole paperclip thing is, while effective, really primitive.

As for the magwell, I'm working on a better idea, but using the same basic construction, with two t-couplers or elbow joints that have been cut sort of in half. The magwell is basically two half-couplers that the sides of the mag (pvc) can slide into. A more secure method is prefered to secure the clip, but right now I have the sides of the clip coated in a sort of rubber epoxy, which means the mag really doesn't fall out... Of course, a hole could be drilled into the side of the mag, and the clip, into which a pin could be put through, to keep the clip from falling out.

I'm really sorry I didn't get a chance to reply to your other post... I have no idea how I missed it.

As for measurements for those, if you still needed them, It really all depends on your gun length.

I have to admit though, the more homemade guns I build, the closer I get to using Boltsniper's designs... They may be difficult to construct, but they end up much more effective. This pistol is probably the last time I'm using that lever trigger, as I'm currently in the process of making probably my future primary, using quite a few of Bolt's tech and whatnot, such as his trigger system. Which may I add is extrodinarily easy to make.

~ompa

#29 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 04:17 PM

Ompa, thanks man, it helps alot. right now I'm using a little plastic tab in the same situation, so it's good to know that the idea is somewhat alike, and also somewhat reliable.

Promy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users