With video clip

15 replies to this topic

#1 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 05:46 PM

I used PVC ballvalves because I couldn't find any CPVC ballvalves. That's alright this works very well anyway. Basically what I wanted to do was increase the rate of fire on my guns but not decrease the range. So I created this. I got the idea from zang after completing a CPVC barrel attachment without ballvalves. With this attachment you can attach it to any PVC barrel. Since my favorite gun is my springer shotgun (thanks to forsaken angel), I decided to showcase it on this gun. The ranges are amazing. There is no decrease at all. The ROF is increased a lot also. The top of the PVC is nested with PETG.

Here is it attached to the shotgun.

Posted Image

Closer picture:

Posted Image

The arrows indicate which way the valve turns.

http://media.putfile.com/P6290025

There is the video.

Enjoy!

Edited by Ryan201821, 29 June 2006 - 05:46 PM.

#2 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 06:14 PM

Neat!

But, it's been done before.
-I Nerf, there for I am.

QUOTE(baghead @ Oct 25 2006, 09:55 AM) View Post
Ronster reminded me that I should have warned you all Prepare your Bladder for Imminent Release!!!!

#3 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 06:29 PM

If you shorten the longer part of the barrel ( like all the way to coupler ) you will get better ranges.

#4 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 07:21 PM

Exactly Ninjz. That barrel is huge and the add on make is longer. If you shorten that barrel, you HAVE to get batter ranges. BY the way is that gun really awesome and worth getting? How do you prime it? Thanks
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#5 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 07:26 PM

Since my favorite gun is my springer shotgun (thanks to forsaken angel)

Here is it attached to the shotgun.
Posted Image

Your very welcome and let me say the gun looks awesome in this photo.
Ninjz is right by saying to add the barrels closer to the guns coupler.

I would suggest taking a small 1.5"-2" of 1/2" pvc and glue it to the inside of the double barrel attachment.
Then instead of having a barrel attachment you have a double barrel! Make sure that the 2" of PVC are not showing when the couplers are side by side and you should get better ranges. This will also make the gun smaller in length.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 29 June 2006 - 07:27 PM.

I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#6 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 08:11 PM

Is it just me or do I not get this. Why would you do something like this. What the hell are the ball valves for? I have been looking at this all day and I just can't figure it out.
I hate you.

#7 Gyrvalcon

Gyrvalcon

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 09:41 PM

Is it just me or do I not get this. Why would you do something like this. What the hell are the ball valves for? I have been looking at this all day and I just can't figure it out.

As I see it, this simply allows you to have two or more barrels, that can be controlled individually. If the valves were not in place, both darts would fire at the same time, at half the power. This way, You can open one barrel, fire it, close it, open the other barrel, fire it, close it, repeat as needed.

Edited by Gyrvalcon, 29 June 2006 - 09:42 PM.

-Knowledge Is Power-

#8 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 09:42 PM

You do this to increase Rate of Fire.

If you don't get it, there's two barrels: You leave one airway open, fire that one, then close and open the other airway, fire that one. Two shots without reloading.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#9 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 09:43 PM

The ballvalve plugs the barrel so it only shoots out one. This way I don't have to reload a dart and just switch over to the next barrel.

Forsaken,

Sounds good, I'll try this out. I plan on getting another shotgun also.

Nerfer34,

The gun is great, just one pump and it is cocked and ready. It is very worth purchasing.

#10 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 05:54 AM

That's a lot of work for the novelty of a second shot. Not to mention it looks retarded.

Nothing personal Ryan
I hate you.

#11 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 11:18 AM

Hmmm.... I'm thinking of getting one. I partially agree with One Man clan because it is a lot of work just for that second shot. If I were you and I kept that attachment you should atleast have one side shoot 1 dart and the other shoot like 5 at once so you have the shotgun effect. If you want to have it a single shot weapon, I highly recomend clip modding it or breech it. The ROF will be the same and it'll look better.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#12 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 12:54 PM

That's a lot of work for the novelty of a second shot. Not to mention it looks retarded.

Nothing personal Ryan

Yea in the video it looks like I am doing a lot of work but it was hard to do it when I was holding the camera and doing it at the same time. Once you get the hang of it, it does increase the ROF. Although doing a clip mod or breech barrel is more ideal.

#13 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 02:56 PM

You do this to increase Rate of Fire.

If you don't get it, there's two barrels: You leave one airway open, fire that one, then close and open the other airway, fire that one. Two shots without reloading.

In all honesty, I can manually reload three darts and fire them faster than the ball-valve shuffle of switch and shoot. Really.

Actually, the One Man Clan's staggered barrels (of which others actually have done too, but OMC's is the one I remember best) offer the quickest second shot of any converted single-shot blaster. Shoot, cock, flip barrel, shoot. And reloading is a snap if you breech load (stuff down the back).

For novelty's sake...it's pretty cool. But personally, I wouldn't use ball valves for that. I'd make a couple of crude but effective homemades.

But hey, if you're happy, that's the important part. Ne'er mind us hecklers. :lol:

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#14 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 03:46 PM

In all honesty, I can manually reload three darts and fire them faster than the ball-valve shuffle of switch and shoot. Really.

Actually, the One Man Clan's staggered barrels (of which others actually have done too, but OMC's is the one I remember best) offer the quickest second shot of any converted single-shot blaster. Shoot, cock, flip barrel, shoot. And reloading is a snap if you breech load (stuff down the back).

For novelty's sake...it's pretty cool. But personally, I wouldn't use ball valves for that. I'd make a couple of crude but effective homemades.

But hey, if you're happy, that's the important part. Ne'er mind us hecklers. :lol:

-Piney-

Thanks. I really didn't do this to use in a war or battle or anything like that. I just wanted a cool little thing to play with.

#15 Gyrvalcon

Gyrvalcon

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 07:30 PM

I just watched the video and had an Idea that might make this less "fumbly". What if you put a handle on that connected the two valves? This would make it a one motion operation to close one and open the other.
Kinda Like This...
Posted Image
Yes... I have sweet MSPaint skillZ...
-Knowledge Is Power-

#16 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 11:31 AM

You do have awesome Paint skills.

In theory this would work but I don't know what you could use to do this. I don't know if it would be strong enough also since turning th valves are a little hard sometimes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users