Until Further Notice...

6 replies to this topic

#1 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 01:02 PM

Here's the deal. The new forum software allows users to have unprecedented levels of freedom in how their posts are displayed here. I am not sure if cx had planned to remove these features or not, so at this point I am expecting us to keep things the way they were before the new software. This shouldn't be new to most of you; the Haven has always been a dictatorship.

Therefore, please refrain from the following in your posts:
  • Colored Text
  • Increased/Decreased Text Sizes
  • Different Fonts than the default
  • Center/Right Text Alignment
  • Striikethrouhg font
  • Indents
These rules apply for signatures as well.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#2 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 01:06 PM

Yesterday I posted a thread in which I was selling something. I later got an offer for it that I plan to take. I edited my post with red saying that the gun was sold. Is this okay or should I not use red at all to say something important? Do you mean the entire post can't be colored or that you also can't use color to highlight something important?

Oh, and I also used the indent thing. I didn't know there was a rule against that even before, but I'll try to keep from doing it.

Edited by NerfMonkey, 15 June 2006 - 01:08 PM.

SexD Warves

#3 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 01:12 PM

I just noticed that people were beginning to use these options yesterday and felt something needed to be said. In your case, I would go back to the old system and look to bold text in the beginning and end of my post. Perhaps add some capital letters in there if needed, but I never posted that.

I want to keep all color away from posts until a higher authority overrides this decision. I don't mean for this to seem like a power grab, but we're limited to available staff as it is and making things easier for those of us who are around everyday would be appreciated.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#4 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 04:22 PM

...at this point I am expecting us to keep things the way they were before the new software. This shouldn't be new to most of you; the Haven has always been a dictatorship.

*rules were here*

These rules apply for signatures as well.

I like what Talio had said a few months or so ago.

NerfHaven is a forum discussion board. No more, no less. Colors and bolds in posts are recommended for EMPHASIS in certain areas. They are not there for personal expression.

This forum was never meant for members to show off their skills in PHP by making colorful art patterns, ASCII animals, overuse of the function buttons while posting, or anything else of that nature. There are so many other Nerf forums that gladly accept those things.

NerfHaven is NOT one of them.

Pull any of those, and we make the corrections. Which may include suspending some accounts.

Unless cxwq disagrees with me, that's how I'm playin' it.

I'm backin' Shinny up.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#5 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 12:19 PM

Are indents ok if you are actually writing multiple paragraphs?

#6 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 03:57 PM

z, just space them out like I do.

And as far as color and bold and all that other shit goes, just look at some of my posts and how I use it for emphasis or to break up sections (mostly in war threads). The general rule of thumb is just not to over do it. You are all safe, but if this shit starts happening:

omg, lol!!!!!!!!111!!1, [color=#3366FF]ET[/color]C. eTc.

Your days are numbered my friend.

Let's all be thankful that I am NOT on the admin staff here. You think we run a tight ship now? Boy, our registered users numbers would plummit like the Dow Jones Industrial average circa October 1987.

Edited by One Man Clan, 16 June 2006 - 03:58 PM.

I hate you.

#7 pat 1st Lt

pat 1st Lt

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 05:12 PM

Would 'indents' refer to over-using the space bar, or is any spacing at the beginning of a paragraph a no-go? I mean, is something like what I did at the beginning of the previous sentance ok? Because I always try to make my long posts more readable, and indents help keep it cleaner.

Also, is it ok to indent while listing things? Like, if you're putting up guns for sale, or listing possible solutions to someone's question. Just an example of what I'm talking about;

1) ABC
2) XYZ
3) 123

If this is the kind of stuff you don't want, I'll make a note to keep myself from indenting.

EDIT: I just went back and read my post, and saw that there were no spaces in front of my first sentance, or the list I wrote. I generally space the first sentance of my post five spaces out, and one space for the beginning sentance of each successive paragraph. Well, I guess I won't bother now if it automatically 'corrects' that. I suppose that answered my question for me...

Sincereley,
Pat

Edited by {SF3G}pat 2nd Lt., 17 June 2006 - 05:19 PM.

QUOTE(euphemism) View Post
QUOTE(Pat) View Post

It gave the site a sort of 'homy' feeling.

Did you know that "m" can sometimes look like "rn" when read quickly?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users