9 replies to this topic

#1 kaiman299

kaiman299

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:24 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yeah, I know she's big. Basically, its a bolt action breech loading rifle. Magazine is to come soon!

Here's the plunger with the springs:

Posted Image

Posted Image

And now for the bolt and the breech:

Posted Image

Posted Image

It has a sort of plunger at the end as well to have a good seal on the plunger tube. It's the part that actually cocks the gun, but is part of the barrel also. The breech design is based after this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here's the trigger:

Posted Image

Just a clothespin trigger.

And now the stock with plunger attatched:

Posted Image

Enjoy! The ranges are 80' max. 60' effective. Any questions/comments would be very much welcome!

#2 Pencils-are-cool

Pencils-are-cool

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 03:28 AM

Thats not a bad gun at all. It seem hard to weild with the breech all the way up there. not bad ranges. It'll be good to see the mag put on it.

#3 kaiman299

kaiman299

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 06:36 PM

Any more comments would be very welcome.

I do have a question though: would having the barrel be nested brass, with cpvc hammered into the pvc the bras is inside possibly cause the dart to catch, thus decreasing range, or would it increase range, or should I make the whole barrel brass?

#4 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 07:19 PM

I'm not quite getting what you mean...but a nested barrel shouldn't have any edges at all for a dart to catch on, if the inside edges are smooth.

Personally, I like brass barrels, but that's because 17/32" brass fits my darts so well. Nested barrels can be good on springers for increasing range, but I think that tends to be more of an issue with stock guns, where the plunger volumes are lower. Homemade springers typically have a much larger plunger volume, so the need for a nested barrel setup would be less.

That's just my take, though..I don't know for sure. I've always wanted to experiment with that, but I've never found myself with enough spare brass sitting around to find out.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#5 taz22

taz22

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 11:40 AM

yeah,, finaly i can post stuff!!

i realy like it dude
what is the range in meters? does anyone knows that?

#6 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 01:15 PM

yeah,, finaly i can post stuff!!

i realy like it dude
what is the range in meters? does anyone knows that?

Google is handy for conversions like this. From the main search bar, you can type:

80 feet in meters

And it'll tell you (in this case, 24 meters). It know lots of units. It'll convert picoliters to hogsheads if you want.

#7 kaiman299

kaiman299

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 01:30 PM

What the hell.....Anyways, I was also wondering if those weird rubber flat things you use in your homemades have a better seal than o-rings.

#8 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 05:15 PM

What the hell.....Anyways, I was also wondering if those weird rubber flat things you use in your homemades have a better seal than o-rings.

I'd say they have a comparable seal. Good enough that I can stop the plunger with my finger over the barrel, at any rate. Anyway, I use them partially because they're easy (I hate dremeling channels in endcaps) and partially because the fit between .75" endcaps and 1.25" PVC is such that you can't make an O-ring fit (my pipe sizing of choice).

#9 kaiman299

kaiman299

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 05:31 PM

I added the clip:

Posted Image

Posted Image

^^^^^ Little Mi-Ki just couldn't stay out of the picture.....Even she can't resist my gun!

But anyways, the clip holds 8 darts, and the weight is a piece of 15/32 brass filled with lead BB's.

Edited by kaiman299, 20 June 2006 - 05:32 PM.

#10 kaiman299

kaiman299

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 07:10 PM

I gave it a little makeover today:

Posted Image

Posted Image

The original handle was pretty weak. It would move all around and fell off twice. My new handle is screwed on, for easy access to the trigger, and a sturdy hold.

Next, I fabricated a pump action. The original plunger was hard to hold, and pull back, not to mention the ends were very sharp.

Posted Image

Breech closed.

Posted Image

Breech open.

All thats left is to find a name, and give it a black with orange flames paintjob. Help on names would be greatly appreceated!

I had to remove the magazine to add the pump, but I am planning to put it back on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users