Illinois Anyone ?

can't... go ...on... need nerf war...

158 replies to this topic

#126 TimberwolfCY

TimberwolfCY

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 02:00 AM

Won't be able to make it then, I'm going ot Georgia for SENO. Whatever works for you guys though, don't kill it for one man.
"Denial is the most predictable of all human responses. But, rest assured, this will be the sixth time we have destroyed it, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it." - The Architect, The Matrix: Reloaded

TimberwolfCY
of NH, NHQ, NO, NC

#127 TheHaze

TheHaze

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 09:02 AM

From when till when will you be in Georgia?
When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmm, boy

#128 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 08:13 AM

Why don't you have two? Like...July 18, and July 23 or something, you decide. That way you can get full attendance on both, and on the second one, it will be more thought out.

Maverick, don't worry. People will bring plenty of guns, and as long as you dont destroy them, they'll lend em out. Most people aren't equiped with more than 3-4 guns, and some only carry 1 or 2. So count on people bringing the better guns out of their arsenal. (Which could be a lot).

What would happen if you moved it to the 20th? I'll probably be able to make the 23rd, but just wondering. Could you give us the specific address of the place/park that it would be held? Take some pics, too, so we can get a feel for what it's gonna be like. (I may have missed the address part earlier...not sure.) I vaguely remember someone saying about yahooing it to see the directions, so it's not really necessary to add those.

If possible, we'll also hold a wisconsin war. (Note, if possible. Our home city doesn't allow nerfing, period. I've asked the police for permission, even. We'd have to locate a different city). If we do, we'll try to hold it so that it doesn't interfere, or maybe so that people can drive up to WI right after woodstock :P. Dunno, i'll let you know once I get a hold of a city that doesn't kill foamers.

AA
Indiana '11

#129 TheHaze

TheHaze

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 05:29 PM

FYI the 20th is fine for me and my friends. I might have up to 7 with me, maybe.
When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmm, boy

#130 Movius

Movius

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 06:32 PM

I'm game for the 20 and 23 of july. Still waiting on pics, I don't know his(little busters) adress, and he wont get his ass back in the forums. I'll give him a good thwack on the head for you guys.

-Movius

#131 TheHaze

TheHaze

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 04:48 PM

Because it seems that we want to do this in less then a month and we still dont have a location, I'm stepping up and asking if you guys want to have it in naperville. I would get the permit and all that jazz and I took some pics of a possible locaton.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Well? There are bathrooms, tables, a waterfountin... and sorry the pics are so huge...

#132 Movius

Movius

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 06:01 PM

Naperville looks sweet. Hows about we try to post some pics and we'll decide which one we want to go to / go to first. If we cant get pics up then by all means lets go to naperville but what if you dicide that you want to play in our feild?

does that silo look lopsided to you?

-Movius

Edited by Movius, 27 June 2004 - 06:03 PM.

#133 Spark Plug

Spark Plug

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 10:01 PM

I am from Madison, Wisconsin. I might be going down to go see my cousin in Chicago, if i do i might be able to convince my parents to let me go.

#134 TheHaze

TheHaze

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 11:24 AM

Let's say we have to make our final choice by July 5. That way everyone has enough time to get everything ready. Either way I'm siked.

~THE HAZE~

#135 Movius

Movius

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 06:30 PM

That sounds good to me.

-Movius

#136 TimberwolfCY

TimberwolfCY

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 03:17 AM

Sorry for the absence. I'll be gone on the 23rd, 24th, and 25th. I might be able to make it on the 20th. I has occured to me though, that money might be an issue with getting up there. So like I said before, just do your thing guys, I'll just be an extra guy if I can show up. Thanks though.
"Denial is the most predictable of all human responses. But, rest assured, this will be the sixth time we have destroyed it, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it." - The Architect, The Matrix: Reloaded

TimberwolfCY
of NH, NHQ, NO, NC

#137 TheHaze

TheHaze

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 11:31 AM

Okay, It's July 5th and Naperville is the only location so I guess we are going with it. I don't think I want to have it on two days just because I don't want to push our luck so pick a day, 20th or 23rd...

Edit: (Okay, so maybe we can have two days, but I just want to make sure that people will be coming on both so lets get a count going. Okay?)

Edited by TheHaze, 05 July 2004 - 11:33 AM.

#138 TheHaze

TheHaze

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 07:01 PM

so yeah... double posting...

fyi I'll be gone the 11th through the 18 and i need to do stuff for this war if it's going to actualy happen so the soon you guys respond the better.

Plus I called the park district and they told me i need to get a $100 permit to use the park, I'm going to go talk to them again because we aren't going to have that many people but would you guys mind paying like a 5-9 dollar "addmision" fee if i do have to get one?

~THE HAZE~

#139 Movius

Movius

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 04:21 PM

Yeah, thats kinda why I think we should have it here. 9 bucks is not a great sum of money but here it would be free. I'm not trying to compete for this or anything so sorry if it sounded like that.

nerfing in Lake Zurich=free
cops=lazy
soccer moms mini vans="accedentaly" shot

since pictures probably won't be up at all, I'm trying to find Lake Zurich's web site to try to find a picture there, then I'll set up a link or something.

Edit: couldnt find a picture, will continue to pester littlebuster

-Movius

Edited by Movius, 08 July 2004 - 05:56 PM.

#140 TheHaze

TheHaze

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 06:23 PM

Ok, it's now in your hands. Dates, times, locations???

#141 Movius

Movius

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 08:40 PM

Will everybody be here on the 21st?

#142 TheHaze

TheHaze

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 12:31 PM

21st is fine with me.

#143 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 06:45 PM

Why don't we hold it on the 25th or 26th? It's far away from everyone's absences, except Timber...but if we hold it on the 26th, you might be able to make it. I'm gone 17-23, and possibly on the 26th or 27th...I probably won't be able to make it looking at my schedule, but do what you can. July is going to come to a close before you know it.

AA
Indiana '11

#144 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 07:20 PM

Yeah... Unfortunately, I just realized my camp is at the end of july.. I forget what days, but it's for a week. If I'm lucky, it MIGHT end or begin a day or two before or after the planned date.

~ompa

#145 TimberwolfCY

TimberwolfCY

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 03:56 AM

As much as I appreciate the thought (I really do), seriously, don't worry about me. I finally got my ride set up with Suave, so SENO is a go for me all the way. Go ahead and do your thing guys, and have a blast. Maybe next time...

TimberwolfCY
of NH, NHQ, NO, NC

#146 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 01:23 PM

Where are you hosting the war? I live in Iowa, right on the border of Illinois. I might be able to go. I have 3 friends who Nerf with me and are pretty good.

#147 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 12:11 AM

Okay...I'm sure you can dig around this thread and find something.

I'd ask haze to make a final post that has all the details, but unfortunately we haven't figured them out yet. I say, hold it on the 25th. But...that's just me. If that interfere's with a lot of people, I don't want to take away people just so I can go. Haze, why don't you open a poll with like 3 or 4 dates/times/(locations?) and have everybody vote, and have a 'they all are fine' option. Then you can put up the final post.

Just an idea,

AA
Indiana '11

#148 TheHaze

TheHaze

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 04:49 PM

That doesn't sound like a bad idea because we are running out of time. I was at camp for the last week so that's why I hadn't responded untill now.

#149 Movius

Movius

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 07:11 PM

Ahhh...It feels good to be back. Anyway, I'm open for the rest of the summer so the 25 is fine with me. I'm calling little busters as I type to see if we can have it at his house.

He's not home. Well we can still have it at his house, or by his house if thats what you want to call it. So tell me if everybody is cool with coming up here. I think you guys would enjoy it or what ever. Sorry, but I dont think that I can make it to Naperville at anytime with little busters gone. Thats why I kinda want to have it here. But if you guys want to have it there its fine with me and you can go on without me.

So for me, the final every thing is as follows:

Date: July 25
Duration: 1:00- 7:00 (As for some eats, we can get a pizza or something, I can bring Coke and
junk like that)
Place: Bristol Trails Park, Lake Zurich (Map Quest, or I can meet you at my friends adress, if you
want to know it, let me know)
Condition of soccer moms vehicles: "Oh ma lord"

This should be sufficient, I think we can work this out but we'll all have to weedle our parents into giving us rides. I guess that will be the hardest for you guys. But if you can then great.

As for the place, come to think of it, it would be easier to just give you guys his adress so you can pinpoint it on mapquest. Try to find "Eric" street in Lake Zurich. By the time you get there you will be able to see me waving my arms like a wild monkey.

Seriously, let me know what you guys think of all this.

-Movius

#150 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 07:24 PM

What City is it in?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users