Photo

How Tall Are You?

I just was wondering what the average height is on this forum.

32 replies to this topic

Poll: How tall are you? (60 member(s) have cast votes)

How tall are you?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#26 pat 1st Lt

pat 1st Lt

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 06:42 PM

~Snip~

Lose your tampons?

Lose your sanity?

It's just, well, bothersome to me. Not just this thread, but all the people who come here trying to be badass. I don't so much mind the people who contributed to the thread, as it's a perfectly legit discussion, but the creation of it just irks me, especially since I see the same pissing contest so much. I like nerf because it's NOT badass. It's just fun.

I'd have to agree with DB on this one, guys.

The whole comparing physical attributes over the INTERNET in a feeble attempt to better yourselves is pathetic.

Not particularly this thread. Nor particularly anyone who responded in it. But the whole thing about comparing yourself to other people just to be all macho is ridiculous. Especially over the internet.

But, just so I'm not completley off topic: I'm six feet, eight inches tall, 194 lbs.
And the whole thing about the knees and back pain: I've got a bad knee, but not because I'm tall. Fracturing your knee-cap and having it heal incorrectly at the age of 5 is not pleasant by any means. But, yeah, a lot of other people my height have back problems.

And the whole heart-rate-being-less-healthy-and-dying-really-fast thing: I'm a track biker. I'm also a long-distance runner. I'm on the University swim team and hold the team record for the mile. I'd say my hearts in decent shape for my size and weight.

Don't hate us cause we're freakishly large.

Oh, and no, I wasn't trying to show off. I'm just refuting your point (Mainly because I've been teased about my height a lot, and I like to prove people wrong. I'm not 'unhealthy'. It's nothing personal if I sounded angry)

Sincereley,
Pat
QUOTE(euphemism) View Post
QUOTE(Pat) View Post

It gave the site a sort of 'homy' feeling.

Did you know that "m" can sometimes look like "rn" when read quickly?

#27 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 11:44 PM

So what if us taller people have a shorter lifespan? (If that's at all accurate) I mean they are the dying days that are taken off, right?

#28 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 12:35 AM

You guys are really pissing me off.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#29 sasquatch

sasquatch

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 02:37 PM

You guys are really ing me off.

And why are they/we ing you off? I'd just like to know.
I'm big and hairy, that's how you'll remember if you see me. My name's Sasquatch for a reason

#30 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 08:17 PM

It's a close to a macho competition as a thread can get without quite being one.

And while I don't mind people questioning my opinions because I still am in high school and have the time to defend them, I would suggest against questioning any of the other admins. Just heed my advice for your own good.

~ompa

#31 Spartan064

Spartan064

• Banned
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 08:06 AM

Yeah it kinda stinks being 6'4 but theres also a respect factor. Surveys show that people tend to respect tall people more and get better first impressions. Of course all of that is ruined when I start talking.

Edited by Spartan064, 08 May 2006 - 08:11 AM.

"Giggity!" - Quagmire

#32 CaMbLaM

CaMbLaM

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 10:31 AM

I'm 5'9" now, but if I follow my growth chart, since I'm still growing I should be around 6'4".

I thought I would just suggest for people with knee pain, you should only run in running shoes and change them up when they wear out, and if you have bad arches in your feet wear orthotics. I train 400 hours a year for biathlon and run a lot and they really help me. I have the expensive custom ones and they have worked well I'm not sure how good the cheaper ones are.

#33 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 03:04 PM

Of all the forum pissing-contests, this is my least favorite. I'm glad someone started a topic to contain it, but it still makes me cringe. In some topic or other, somebody will say "oh, that gun's way to small for a big guy like me, i'm 6'3", that's big". Then someone else say's "OH I KNOW, I'M 6'4" ZOMG", which is followed by a string of idiots carrying on about their height, strength, 1337 skillz, and other useless outbursts of machismo. These sorts of things also come up a lot with how heavy your blasters are, and how much it hurts to get hit with a stefan (which of course they can take because they're real men). You're playing with plastic children's toys. It doesn't have to hurt to be fun, and I'll take a blaster I can run with over a blaster I can sit on my ass and brag about any day.

Also, I'd like to see people chill out a bit with the MilSim thing. As I said, these are toys, and you're just messing around. You don't need camouflage, you don't need "recon", you don't need walkie talkies, you need a few friends and a backyard. Did anyone else see the picture of our old buddy SolidiusSaint wearing full woodland camo (gloves, balaklava, fatigues, hat, all leafy woodland camouflage) IN THE SNOW? Come on. Now you know it's just for show. If you do it on your own time, it's fine, but...this is NERF, and I'm tired of seeing this crap all over.

Ok, I'm done now.

(highlighted and underlined for emphasis)

Yeah, I thought we'd put this one to rest too.

Thanks for sharing, Camblam, but I'd hoped this topic would have been layed to rest. You didn't quite throw some amazing feat of physical or other ability, but to spare the thread from becoming another "mine is bigger than yours", or "I can do this better than you" contest, it's going to bed now.

*mallet*
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users