Combos Thread

what guns do YOU use?

36 replies to this topic

#1 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 09:57 PM

I am interested in finding out what other people use in wars.

IN an indoor war
-at3k
-SF
Both modded

Outdoor war
- I haven't really had an outdoor war
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#2 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 10:05 PM

Indoor war:
  • My left hand with eight Stefans. Modifications: fingerless glove.
  • My right hand with one Stefan. Modifications: fingerless gloves, extra 200lb hand strength.
What's neat about that setup is that I can use any Stefan size, weight, etc. I can also use arrows, missiles, rocks, I mean, uhh, balls, etc.

Outdoor War:
Wait for the post-op vid for Midwest Michigan. Then you will see, through my bun's perspective, what I and my clan use, along with Carbon (maybe), Flaming Hilt, and a few others...
"Fear the man with one gun, for he probably knows how to use it."

#3 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 10:06 PM

Indoor:
- At3k (brassed)
- Quad-barreled NF (brassed), usually holstered
- Velcro-to-wrist singled At2k (sounds stupid, I know, but it: has good ammo storage, is nice to have a back-up shot, works as a asshole, don't have to carry it (since it straps to arm))

Outdoor:
-Not sure, depends on playing field. Larger, I'd go for a single shot BBB or At2k, smaller, I'd go for a powerclip or At3k.
- Same
- Same

These are momentary, at least. I haven't tried many combos, so we'll see what comes up.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#4 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 10:07 PM

OK I think that was the wierdest post I have ever seen. ....What were you on?...

This was directed to Primevil...

Whoa - Flaming hilt did you say quad barreled NF? Sounds interesting.

Edited by nerfer34, 01 April 2006 - 10:09 PM.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#5 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 10:09 PM

Haha. He doesn't have any guns at the moment. That's why you have to wait until after KAF to see what he's going to decide upon making/buying/using.

I will say, though, sometimes it's rather fun to grab a handful of stefans and throw them in your opponent's general direction (good for rushing up stairs).
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
V

#6 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 10:27 PM

Hey, I can crush a full, unopened can of Coca Cola with my right hand. I can also open a door with my foot. I have kicked down a reinforced door with three deadbolts. Do not ask what I can and can not do. That was meant to be funny, not anything else. Anyway, the onyl way to master the body is master the mind, so the only way to master the world around you is to master your body. No, I have no formal training. I teach myself.
Seriously (even though I have yet to be not-solemn), I have gotten a kill by throwing an arrow. It went quite far, quite fast. Let's just say it made my old BnA look like even more crap.

Hilt hit it right on the head...as in...Headshot.

Oh yeah, I'm usually on adrenaline, but sometimes I have to artificially produce it with Monster or three cans of Vault. Which reminds me, if everyone going to Midwest Michigan takes M-6, they can stop by Meijer and pick up some Vault, Monster, a few other energy drinks I can't remember the name of, etc. They also sell NFs, Mavs, and other pistols.

I think that I will be the only person I know to steal two people's NFs in a war and go capture the flag using nothing but those, akimbo style. Seriously, I'm gonna do that.

Pretty much, the best way I can describe my playing style is, well, A.D.D. Normally I'm base defense; however, I am known to just grab a gun and a handful of darts to just go rush the flag. I still like base defense/counter insurgency more, though, even though it could be argued that I am better when closer towards no man's land. Ha...base defense by being on the offensive.

"Well, ya see, they can't get our flag if they're always out."

Yeah, if you don't think I just totally hijacked this thread, then Bush was after terrorists when he went to go finish his dad's work.

#7 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 10:31 PM

Yeah, if you don't think I just totally hijacked this thread, then Bush was after terrorists when he went to go finish his dad's work.

- Just a tip, GPevil, while I did enjoy reading your post, this is the Combo's thread. - :D

EDIT: Yes, I did say quad barreled NF.

Edited by Flaming Hilt, 01 April 2006 - 10:32 PM.

V

#8 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 12:44 AM

It used to be that I'd carry a SM1500 alone, with plenty of stefans in the cargo pockets. It's on the workbench right now, so here's what I'm using:

Indoor - Most often a PC by itself. Sometimes I like to use a Maverick by itself because range doesn't matter too much.

Outdoor - There's still some snow and many wet spots. I would likely use either my BBB or AT2k with a NF as a secondary.

~Rings
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#9 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 12:51 AM

I only do outdoor...

the Split-Tech 2k of Doom
2 NF's- one with more range, less accuracy and one with mediocre range, perfect accuracy
Holder of the original Split-Tech 2k

"Headband" - as so named by OMC
"That One Guy in the Pineapple Shirt" -So aptly named by Baghead

#10 Illadar

Illadar

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 12:56 AM

I'll creepy out of my lurking to contribute to this thread, although I think there may have been another on this subjects some years ago, what ever.
I generally use my CrossBow and a side arm, for which I mostly use my NiteFinder or my TTG, but recentally I have been useing my crossfire Which is a great gun, mostly because I can cock it one handed. When we are playing pistols only I will use one of the above menchent side arms and two or three darts in my left hand.
And all our wars are outside, thats probibly worth noting, since people seem to be stating which guns they use inside/outside.

#11 sasquatch

sasquatch

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 01:32 PM

I only play outdoors, and I'll use a quaded at2k, and a LnL as a side arm. I figure you don't need very many shots if you're not constanly being shot at (which I'm not).
I'm big and hairy, that's how you'll remember if you see me. My name's Sasquatch for a reason

#12 ambushbug

ambushbug

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 01:46 PM

I only seldom get a chance to go to wars. And the handful of times I have they have been indoors with no more than 8 people.....

Previously, I used my two-headed monster (a Max Shot epoxied side by side with a Buzz Bee RFR with spare clips). The max shot is the primary weapon, the RFR covers my ass when I'm reloading or allows me to rush.

Last week though, I used a bunch of different primaries in a house-wide game of 'hunters' (I think that's what you call it) - tested out some of my new (and not so new mods): the Bowcaster/AT2k, Ertl FS 1010, SM3k, SM750. My favourite combination was a modded 3B (single shot) with a NF in my pocket. Though I suspect that I could only get away with an over-sized, single-shot primary in an indoor war because only 4 people were playing and it was almost completely dark.

#13 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 01:51 PM

Haha. He doesn't have any guns at the moment. That's why you have to wait until after KAF to see what he's going to decide upon making/buying/using.

Hold on. He's been a member for going on 2 years and he has 0 guns?

#14 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 02:04 PM

I lost every single one in a move, just after over half of them quit working.

The only thing I actually had working was an AT3k, which was having difficulty retaining pressure. There was an AT2k, which was unmodded, that was still like NiB.

I've been Nerfing since 1997. So, for over half my life, I've had a Nerf gun in at least one hand, half of which were homemade.

Guns I can say I've modded to the point of destruction:
  • SM3k - I really can't remember. I had it back when it was new.
  • NF - piston mounting points sheared off. I removed the front of the gun and nothing was holding the piston in, so it went all of two feet after the little rings went. I made a topic on this one back in '05.
  • BnA - handle went through the back of the piston one cold, fall day.
  • AT3k - seal aroung the actuation rod went kaput.
  • RF20 - failure to feed more than three shots, unable to retain pressure.

#15 davidbowie

davidbowie

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 02:58 PM

Hey, I can crush a full, unopened can of Coca Cola with my right hand. I can also open a door with my foot. I have kicked down a reinforced door with three deadbolts

I can burp my ABC's.

I don't really war all too much. If I ever do, here's how it goes down.

Close-quarters/indoors: KISS carbine, TTG knockoff

Large Outdoor: KISS-3, TTG knockoff, a couple of those finger rockets just in case.
Check out the all-new DBNerf. The source for all your DBNeeds.

#16 lilsniper

lilsniper

• Banned
  • 201 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 06:11 PM

Indoor:

Primary- At3k single barreled- brass nested in PVC, with sling, stock, cheek rest, and painted black (shooting 90-100)::

Posted Image

Secondary- NF brass barreled...nested in PVC

Outdoor:

Primary- Crossbow shooting 120' with 3 ammo holders (made of brass)..with brass nested in PVC barrel::

Posted Image

Secondary- LNL with brass barrel

Edited by lilsniper, 02 April 2006 - 06:16 PM.

Member of Team Stealth

-Check it out and vote in our poll!

#17 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 06:13 PM

Outdoor
Posted Image

Indoor
Posted Image
(Currently under repairs)

#18 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 08:50 PM

Indoor:
Primary- DTG or firefly
Sidearm- NF sidearm

Assassin:
Primary- Blowgun
Sidearm- Assassin NF

Outside:
Primary- Interchangeable barrel modded AT3K with my micro and mega shooting barrels in my pocket
Sidearm- CF

Outside 2:
Primary- BBB modded to shoot megas and arrows
Sidearm- firefly

Also, great work on the four-barreled NF :)

Probably dead by now, or something.

#19 BlackJack

BlackJack

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 09:35 PM

Usually I use my hella-modded NF luger and my Maverick or Hornet.

My resident SHARPSHOOTER (note I didn't say "sn1p3r" because somebody would probably come to my house and attack me with a shotgun filled with poisoned needles and a rabid hamster) uses a titan with Ompa's mod, and a modded Scout clipped on the side.

Edited by BlackJack, 02 April 2006 - 09:36 PM.

#20 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 10:28 PM

Ach, stupid post; Just looked up Renegade's mod. My mistake.

Anyways, As soon as I finish up the NEAR, I'll be using that along with my tri-barreled SS1.

~ompa

Edited by ompa, 02 April 2006 - 10:46 PM.

#21 crackshot

crackshot

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 11:04 AM

Outdoor:
Primary: x-bow, nested crayola PVC barrel
Secondary: NF, nested crayola PVC barrel or 2.5 foot blowpipe, depending on range and ROF requirements.
Sidearm: Maverick
Indoor:
Primary: Stock DTG
Secondary: Same
Sidearm: Same
-cs

Edited by crackshot, 03 April 2006 - 11:07 AM.

#22 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 01:36 PM

My question is why does everyone significantly drop their weapon range on an indoor war? Crackshot went from an Xbow to a stock DTG. I would play with anything up to a 100 feet.

#23 Paloose

Paloose

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 01:49 PM

With indoor wars you don't need to worry about variables such as wind or lengthy distances, so you don't need as high powered blasters. People tend to lean more towards a higher rate of fire when indoors because they don't need the extra distance and power.

And while I'm here...
Indoor: Duel, nested brass, NF's

Outdoor: Modded BBB, with nested brass NF

Edited by Paloose, 03 April 2006 - 01:51 PM.

#24 wick817

wick817

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 04:27 PM

I have not yet had an outdoor war, but soon i am going make a feild in the woods in my backyard. Well for indoor i use

AT2K CPVC Single Barreled,
NF CPVC,
And ocassionaly my Quaded AT2K

When i get outside i will use either
LBB or BBB
And a side arm such as a
NF or NF EX-3
This is funny
My freind: You cant hit from there
Me:Yes i can... BANG(from my singled AT2K)
My friend:OOOWWWWW My arm.

#25 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 05:11 PM

I don't really play indoors. However, if I were to, (regarding nerfer34's question) I would reduce my ranges significantly, because indoors tend to have breakable objects. If I took PJ into an indoor war, there'd be holes in the drywall.

I'm not even aloud to discharge my guns in the house anymore...too many shattered vertical blinds...

Anyway, when I play, I use my custom xbow, PJ, my brassed and holstered SF, and a Brassed and holstered NF. I usually walk around with PJ in my hands and leave the other two in their holsters unitl called for, but recently I have taken to (when I'm rushing, etc.) holding PJ in my left hand (even though I'm right-handed) and drawing my SF.

It works out quite well. The SF is always there, and I never leave it unloaded when a round is going on. If I miss with PJ, it's become a habit to draw it now. No matter where my target goes from there, PJ goes to my left hand and the SF comes out, giving me two quick, but quite powerful shots to use to eliminate the possibility of being rushed after my initial shot. The ability to shoo the two darts from the SF is also nice in the event that they are getting close and I can't afford to miss anything. If they're still a ways away, I'll pop off one at a time to get another chance at it, but you get the idea.

The NF used to see a lot more use, but the SF has solved a lot of problems I've had with being rushed after shooting PJ, so it was moved to my left hip, where it's harder to draw (due to my right-handed-ness) but it's still there in the event that I need it.
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users