Fall '06 Blasters

262 replies to this topic

#176 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 08:18 PM

I vote //T\\ today's best new member for his first post.

This entire thread could be deleted, and replaced with just that picture and OMC's explanation.

~ompa

#177 TT

TT

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 08:35 PM

This entire thread could be deleted, and replaced with just that picture and OMC's explanation.

~ompa

Haha, thanks. I figured I'd join in the conversation.

#178 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 02:17 PM

Cx/OMC/Groove/anyone know why it auto-changes "s|\|iper" with a real n to "loser" ?

There is a filter that changes it, the only explanation I have heard for it is the fact that "there is no such thing as a asshole in NERF", but I won't get into that descusion.

I agree, great job, //T\\ :blink:

Edited by AssassinNF, 10 March 2006 - 02:18 PM.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#179 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 07:00 PM

Fuck, looks like I picked a bad time to get out of nerf.....have fun with these beauties.

#180 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 11:02 AM

//T\\ measure the length on the sawooth where you measured on the LS, and you will get the length of the clips. From there, measure it out again. I am not ragging on you, just saying this because of the statement that you were guessing. This should give you a more precise measurement.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#181 TT

TT

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 10:36 PM

//T\\ measure the length on the sawooth where you measured on the LS, and you will get the length of the clips. From there, measure it out again. I am not ragging on you, just saying this because of the statement that you were guessing. This should give you a more precise measurement.

Well, all in all that sounds like a good idea, but I'd be hard pressed to find a photo of a Sawtooth scaled correctly.

For example, take the LS picture. On the monitor, it's 7" long now [for the sake of this example] let's just go ahead and say it is 33" long in real life. That means every 1" of the LS on the computer monitor is 4.7" inches in real life. It'd be half impossible to find a photo of a sawtooth, where every on screen inch is the equivalent of 4.7" real life.

I hope that post made sense, I'm tired and not sure if I made a point or even worded it in a decipherable manner.

#182 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 10:54 PM

It makes perfect sense. However, couldn't you take a picture of your own sawtooth, and scale it as you would need it in a photo editing program? Then, depending on the capabilities of your program, you could overlay one onto the other as a shadow, measure it on the screen and multiply by 4.7".

#183 TT

TT

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 10:57 PM

It makes perfect sense. However, couldn't you take a picture of your own sawtooth, and scale it as you would need it in a photo editing program? Then, depending on the capabilities of your program, you could overlay one onto the other as a shadow, measure it on the screen and multiply by 4.7".

That's a thought I came across, but then again I don't even know of anyone nearby with a Sawtooth. But then again, I'm just going to search Google to see if I can' find a photo and get it to scale. I know that a Sawtooth is 24" [2 ft] long, so I'd just have to see if I could fit those measurements. I'll get back here with the results assuming I do it tonight [I'm getting pretty tired].

Edit: I had the Sawtooth's measurements wrong [at least I think so...]

Edited by //T\\, 12 March 2006 - 11:09 PM.

#184 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 11:03 PM

I have one laying around. I'll snap it and email it to you when I get a chance.

#185 TT

TT

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 11:06 PM

I have one laying around. I'll snap it and email it to you when I get a chance.

Alright then, sounds good. ^_^

#186 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 12:59 PM

Given //T\\'s (can we just call you T?) and EastCoastNerfer's estimates that the LS has an aproximate 3'' draw I wonder how much air flow will come out of this gun. Now if it has a fairly large diameter plunger like that of the EaB we should be able to get plenty of power out of it. I definatly think that the 3'' estimate is fairly close, though I wouldn't be surpirzed if the clips are a little larger for several reasons:
1) mirco darts are 3'' long.
2) If the action on the LS is going to work properly then it will only need to move a bolt or bolt cover 3'' to cycle next dart into the action or bolt before firing.
3) most nerf guns currently out don't have that greatly exceed 3''.
4) one reason it might be a little longer than 3'' is simply the thickness of the plastic walls used to make the clip.
5) the other reason the clip might be longer than 3'' is like the PC clip the darts need a little extra space in front so that the tips do not catch on any surface in front of them, causing a jam. - I have had instances were my PC clip jammed because a dart fell forward out of the clip a bit and got bent over as the clip moved up. Now imagine that inside the LS clip and you see what I mean.

Anyway props to //T\\ and EastCoastNerfer for their diagrams of the LS.

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

#187 TT

TT

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 05:37 PM

Given //T\\'s (can we just call you T?) and EastCoastNerfer's estimates that the LS has an aproximate 3'' draw I wonder how much air flow will come out of this gun. Now if it has a fairly large diameter plunger like that of the EaB we should be able to get plenty of power out of it. I definatly think that the 3'' estimate is fairly close, though I wouldn't be surpirzed if the clips are a little larger for several reasons:
1) mirco darts are 3'' long.
2) If the action on the LS is going to work properly then it will only need to move a bolt or bolt cover 3'' to cycle next dart into the action or bolt before firing.
3) most nerf guns currently out don't have that greatly exceed 3''.
4) one reason it might be a little longer than 3'' is simply the thickness of the plastic walls used to make the clip.
5) the other reason the clip might be longer than 3'' is like the PC clip the darts need a little extra space in front so that the tips do not catch on any surface in front of them, causing a jam. - I have had instances were my PC clip jammed because a dart fell forward out of the clip a bit and got bent over as the clip moved up. Now imagine that inside the LS clip and you see what I mean.

Anyway props to //T\\ and EastCoastNerfer for their diagrams of the LS.

Yeah, I'm sure the clips are longer than 3", but I figured they couldn't really be so much larger than 3" that it would throw all the mearsurements off.

#188 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 07:36 PM

2 Things:

1) Direct from Hasbro, the LS is 38.5" long with the stock out.

2) Posted Image
I hate you.

#189 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 07:44 PM

Oh, an expanding/retracting stock, eh? Sounds intriguing. Thanks for the information.

That picture kicks ass.
SexD Warves

#190 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 07:51 PM

OMC two things.
1) Thanks for clearing that up.
2) I just became more insanely jeaous of your visit to Hasbro. That Optimus Prime pic is the most fucking awesome thing I have ever seen, period. Looks like it is based on some of the newer G1 artwork from dreamwave comics.

And because I can't resist:
Autobots, LETS ROLL OUT!

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

#191 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 08:17 PM

I remember when Tally saw that. OMC kept walking ahead, and I turned around to see what was keeping him.

"Hey, Tally, why'd you---"

But it was too late...our eyes were instantly fixated on the newly discovered iconic image of childhood geekdom ten feet right infront of our goddamned eyes. I think, at that very moment, had it not been for the Depends Talio was wearing, he would've soiled his pants right there in the middle of Hasbro.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#192 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 08:38 PM

What are those beanies you three are wearing? What do they say on them?

#193 TT

TT

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 08:59 PM

I'm even more excited about the LS now that I know its 38.5" long.

By the way, that's a ridiculously large Transformer.

#194 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 09:07 PM

They are offical NERF beanies BITCH!
I hate you.

#195 LiterSize

LiterSize

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 04:43 PM

This is old, but in rereading, I realized I made an erroneous assumption and I don't think anyone asked since most of the questions were on the guns themselves. What are the tips of the collarless ammo? Is it just foam, suction cup, or something else? I imagined collarless dart tag ammo, but I noticed since the magstrike is a powerclip, then it wouldn't need to be collarless in the clip.

Also, how do they test the durability of the dart tag goggles? I wonder what a modded LS would do them at close range (assuming the LS already has a good amount of power stock). Even though they are designing for kids, do they keep the potential of what power a mod might manage?

#196 rotoryfan

rotoryfan

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 10:02 PM

they are actually very durable. I use them for kicks once in a while, but they really do work. its because the plastic is pretty thick in the lenses, and isn't like the plastic used on safety goggles for power-tools. if you like the look, then use them. maybe a titan at close range could breack them if it was heavily modded, but that wouldn't happen. the vest, is pretty good at protecting your skin, too bad its so small. I wore it once, and I barely felt any of the stinging sensation that you could get otherwiswe. that was also just for kicks, but still...

*EDIT* Oh, and given the new proportions, I think that the pullback on the bolt-action is longer than it apears, but I could be wrong. I think that it's probably about 3-4" of pullback, hopefully 4. if it isn't four, then I have ways of fixing that... :P

Edited by rotoryfan, 28 March 2006 - 10:05 PM.

razorbeast,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended.  Your account will not be functional until Jun 23 2033, 10:41 AM (depending on your timezone). This is an automated process and you do not need to do anything to expediate the unsuspension process.

Awsome.

#197 Lutinent Cole

Lutinent Cole

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 07:05 PM

Yay! The losing losers in my town shall piss themselves! Oh yeah does anyone have any ideas about turning the Magstrike into a CO2 powered nerf gun? And didn't they release a gun like the CS-6 a while back? I mean they did that with all the N-strike guns, except the Maverick? To Talio, Groove, and you guys that went to Hasbro do you think that I can send those corporate chumps ideas and designs?

Edited by Lutinent Cole, 03 April 2006 - 07:06 PM.

Whats wrong with ya? Lets check you chart........ OH MY GOD!

#198 davidbowie

davidbowie

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 07:22 PM

Turning the magstrike into a Co2 gun is simply a matter of getting a low pressure Co2 reg, such as a palmer, and hooking it up into the air supply. The real issue is...why? I personally prefer just pumping it a bit.

A better mod might be to install a higher-volume pump, or maybe double pumps, to fill the bladder faster, as long as you can pump harder. These are made for children's arm strength, after all.

The sawtooth was kinda like the longshot, in that it was a clip-fed bolt action rifle, but they operate very differently, and the longshot has a backup pistol attached to the end.

You can always send a letter to Hasbro, but, unless it's something truly revolutionary that nobody else has thought of before, they probably won't pay much attention. They have at least one private engineering firm cooking up ideas as it is.

If your new design for them is to hook up co2, remember; they're making children's toys.
Check out the all-new DBNerf. The source for all your DBNeeds.

#199 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 08:24 PM

Corporations generally cannot accept "ideas" since it leads to intellectual property conflicts. R&D departments try to avoid being influenced by the community as much as possible for this reason.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#200 IceAnubis

IceAnubis

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 01:07 AM

I think that these blasters have single handedly gotten me back into Nerf. After all, you know how much I love huge, over-sized monster blasters that look awesome. Well, you probably don't. But now you do!

I'm looking forward to the release of both of these blasters. The Longshot looks like it has incredible modification potential and also seems like something I can turn into a Legendary Weapon.

Perhaps I'm looking forward to your modifications of these blasters more than actually obtaining them.

-Anubis

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users