Double Barrel Nf

THIRST Style

8 replies to this topic

#1 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 09:18 PM

First off, this is THIRST's mod. Just some different materials and the like.
The gun has tubing connecting the plunger whole to the 2 CPVC barrels. Glue created a good seal. The darts do not need to be ramrodded, but if the darts are very thick in one barrel, and very loose in one, only one dart will shoot. Get's good ranges around 50'. Enough for a double shot gun. Fired from 20-25 feet at a dart tag vest with dart tag darts, the darts land 2-3 inches away side by side. Want video proof? I'll get vids up later.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Pistol Pow-uh!

Man, that LnL is dieng. Can't complain. I've gotten 4+ years of service out of it. Still getting kills with it. I'm happy. Slapped on the knife attatchment just for kicks.

#2 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 10:43 PM

Barrels seem a little long to me especially for CPVC. You know what you're doing though, just making an observation.

#3 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 10:55 PM

Eh, he probably just has anorexic darts.

Oh, and why the zip-ties on the TTG?

~ompa

Edited by ompa, 15 February 2006 - 10:56 PM.

#4 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 08:19 AM

Well, the TTG's plunger tends to go fartherthan it should, and shoot off barrels. The entire barrel assembly. I think I have a part missing, but I wanted to be sure it wouldn't explode in a battle. It can shoot 80' flat with THICK stefans. Shoots directly across my fenced yard with ease, back to one side of the fence, to the other side 67' across.

The NF's barrel's are a little long. I usually just stick each dart not even an inch into the barrel, and shoots fine. I'll try and determine the right barrel length, and cut them. I've got time since school just got cancled today. :)

#5 Shwifty

Shwifty

• Banned
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 03:12 PM

Your maverick... I did the same mod. Mine doesnt shoot anything out of those barrels... Do you have any idea what i did wronge?
*Well isn't that SHWIFTY?*
Am I now concidered infamous?

#6 Rip32

Rip32

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 03:30 PM

I guess its time for you to get a new lnl. Don't worry though, they only go for about $112 on ebay. Anyways, good job on your nf.
http://www.break.com...iencechild.html
Funniest video ever. This kid needs some serious help

#7 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 04:38 PM

Regarding the maverick, make sure you have a good seal inside the turret.

Here's a video showing the dart spread at around 15-20 feet, of the Double Barrel'd NF

Posted Image

#8 Nerforbust

Nerforbust

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 05:25 PM

You rich kids and your video cameras...
roar.

#9 SG Pilot

SG Pilot

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 07:02 PM

Looks very cool. So you didn't use any plumbers goop to make the seal with the barrels and air restrictor airtight? Did you use hot glue?

I hope to do a barrel mod on my NF some day. Heck, I hope to get barrels materials some day! :D

Edited by SG Pilot, 17 February 2006 - 07:42 PM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Oct 9 2009, 04:45 AM) View Post

I know, I HATE toy guns that are made for little kids!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users