Photo

Welcome, New Members!

14 replies to this topic

#1 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 05:08 PM

Seeing as we've been getting around 10 new members a day for the last few weeks, I thought I'd put some NH newb info on the front page...

If you're new to the site, welcome! Please seriously consider reading the following pages before your first post:

Code of Conduct

Helpful Tips

(in fact, perusing all the pinned threads might be a good idea)

An example of a rather poor contribution to the site - note the abuse of caps lock and the incredibly stupid topic.

In general, make sure that you put some effort into your post and do a little searching to make sure it hasn't been written many times before.

New and old members alike, check out the Frapper thread and represent.

As always,
Nerf on or Fuck off.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#2 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 05:59 PM

Fucking Penny Arcade.....
I hate you.

#3 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 07:56 PM

Seriously, that has to be the cause...

One of my friends who just thinks this whole nerf thing is funny sent that thing to me weeks ago before the flood even happened. It didn't even occur to me...

At the same time, there's a gem in every bundle of whatever the hell you're dealing with (I don't even bother trying to remember those metaphors and shit anymore) so I'm hoping the sudded flood will produce some more active new members.

Ones willing to come to wars and make their own darts...

[bias]Ones living in So Cal.[/bias]
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#4 Shivon

Shivon

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 08:07 PM

Nope, the main cause is that at my school me and some of my friends have started a game of assasins, 175 people are in it, we've got 99 people left, and most of them realized that listening to me can get you some good mods, etc... In other words we should, in theory, get maybe 175 new members. We estimate next game to possibly exceed 400 people.
Insanity is only one persons perception of another persons reality

#5 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 09:24 PM

Okay, due to the basic enormous influx of new members, I just want to remind everyone to not be douche bags. This is still Nerf Haven, same rules apply as always including our ability to cancel your account with little or no notice. If anything, expect more of it. If things get out of hand, I'm enforcing some Viking law and you don't want that. Remember, don't fuck up.

Welcome to Nerf Haven,

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#6 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 10:24 PM

In light of this newsflash, I'd like to make a general statement that school is taking up a lot of my time at the moment. I have time to view the forums, but not enough time to chase down troublesome members and do my best to get them to change their ways. This requires more time than you could imagine. Keeping this in mind, it means the nice admin won't be around to show you the way before you get hit by the suspension train.

I'll do my best to show some compassion around here, but keep in mind that Viking law is in effect.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#7 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 09:21 AM

Okay, periodically I'm going to be posting the links in this thread to posts I've made helping you new guys out or the discipline that's being taken so you know we're not fucking around. I love we're getting lots of members, but I refuse to let it change the site's reputation and tone. So if you've been here for less then six months, I expect you to check this thread daily, becuase you will be subjected to everything that's said in it. Lastly, I'll be posting alot of my own expectations and if you have a problem with any of them I urge you to contact CX and have me fired. I could use the free time.

Here's the first of the links.

If you have any questions PM me or email me @ Talio@Nerfhaven.com,

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#8 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 05:41 PM

Second link.

This is how to post a question. This guy did well. Follow his example.

Talio.

#9 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 05:45 PM

Third link.

Stuff like this will get you antagonized. Don't do it or face a rath of an unending shit storm. If you have a good question, ask it. If you ask, make sure you put alot of information. If you put alot of information make sure you type it correctly. If you type it correctly, make sure what your saying is not going to make me want to put a bullet in my brain. Then you'll be cool.

Talio.

#10 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 06:19 PM

I haven't seen anything from the newbies as bad as my first visit here, so I think we're getting better at the new members thing. I went over those old posts; Daedarus and ShatteredDreams were saints.

Those are some good links, Talio. Perhaps a link to Ompa's new members guide would be an appropriate next step? (I'll leave the linking to you)
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#11 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 04:10 PM

I don't know if you guys realize how I do things, so here's basically what you can expect from Viking law. I do this everytime unless I really respect the person, then I'm a bit more lienent. First thing you get is a public warning in the thread where I thought you were a pig fucker. Then I avenge the pig and send you packing. What does this mean? Basically, lets say out of no where Falcon were to post a really shitty thread or openly flame someone without it being funny, witty or nessecary. I'd probaby PM him and see what's going on, let him now that shit won't fly, becuase Falcon is a valuable member of the community and it would be a real loss if he were to get axed. But in the case of our friend "powerclip", who really hasn't posed anything and also was also posting poorly, I gave him an open warning which you can all see in a thread and 45 minutes later, he posts a retarded comment. That will get your banned. Understand, that warning I give you isnt' for my health. It's serious. One false move and you're done.

Some of you new members may be asking yourself why the site is like this. You're probably thinking that if we treat all newbies like this that the game will never grow and this site will eventually die. Unfortunetely for you, that's the furthest from the truth. We have high standards for this site because it was created to be such. It was created to be a HAVEN from the high school lunch table that is the NIC as it exsists on most forums. If you feel you will have an issue with living to these standards I want to forward you to our brothers and www.nerfhq.com. Some will argue NHQ is not as quality as this site, which I will not comment on at this time, but they are far more loose with their standards.

We're tough, but we're fair. Actually, stracth that. We're not fair, so tough. Read, figure out how things are done, and enjoy your stay at Nerf Haven.

Talio.

#12 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 03:11 PM

Twenty-two more registrations in the past three days. All of the accounts have just been validated, so it looks like the fun isn't about to end.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#13 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 03:19 PM

That's okay, I'm just getting warmed up.

In other news, I'll be enforcing this. Anyone to post a "are you in my city?" thread will have their hands smacked and sent to this page. I'm going to make sure this is our new nerfer tracking program and enforce it diligantly.

If you haven't signed up you are a vagina. That's right, I said it. You are a female private part. So sign up...you vagina.

Talio.

#14 Death

Death

Ass-Kicking Overlord

• Contributors
  • 226 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 05:00 PM

If you haven't signed up you are a vagina. That's right, I said it. You are a female private part. So sign up...you vagina.

Nice! I'm the only one of the Horsemen that isn't a vagina!

DEATH

Let a man never stir on his road a step
without his weapons of war;
for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise
of a spear on the way without.  --Hávamál 38

#15 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 09:31 PM

Finally exams are over and whatnot, I'll be back patrolling all the posts after my arrival; I'm too lazy to read all the ones that have accumulated in my absense.

~ompa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users