Photo

Chronicle Of An F.a.r.

16 replies to this topic

#1 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 03:51 PM

I have created a web-blog to chronicle the progress of my F.A.R. I will update at least every two days until this rifle is finished. I will incude lots of pictures, and it will almost become a write-up. This should help those wanting to build their own F.A.R. also.

F.A.R. Blog

#2 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 04:01 PM

Thats good news renegade! This will inspire me to probably make one too.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 15 January 2006 - 04:02 PM.

I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#3 Natch

Natch

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 04:29 PM

Cool. Keep me posted if possible.I have a feeling this'll turn out well.

#4 BloodMoon

BloodMoon

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 10:54 PM

Cool! I'm also just starting my own FAR, though I haven't gotten past the point of no return (as in, I'm not sure right now that I'll get from start to finish with it...if you've ever started a really extensive project, you know the feeling). In my opinion, the more info out there on the FAR, the better. I'm still a little curious about how the mag is held in, as well as how to build the ejector part of the bolt, so I'm really looking forward to your ideas. Sometimes it seems like Boltsniper is just so many miles ahead of me that the FAR looks impossible, so seeing someone more down-to-earth really helps.

I look forward to future entries!

Also, I'm a little confused about this pic you posted:
Posted Image
I kind of see the part that holds back (like you said)...but isn't that just a 'hole' cut out of the Upper Reciever? And isn't the Upper Reciever 27 inches long? Looks a little short...could you explain?

Edited by BloodMoon, 18 January 2006 - 03:15 PM.

We live in an age when pizza
gets to your house before the police.

#5 dyeterminatorgen

dyeterminatorgen

• Banned
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 09:11 AM

I love the FAR, I am also currently creating one of my own. I am happy that a gun with the quality and accuracy of the FAR. The only problem for me is that I don't want mine to be too realistic looking. I am going to be taking this thing down the street after all. I just was wondering if anyone had any ideas for a good paint scheme that would really make this gun be distinguishable from a real weapon, but not so much as to look stupid.

Thanks

I like your chronicles, nice job. :o

#6 DTReaper

DTReaper

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 11:56 AM

Paint it hot pink, noone will thinks its like a real gun. Thats just my suggestion. Not only that but avoid both black and silver.

-DTR
QUOTE(VACC @ Dec 5 2008, 12:09 AM) View Post

That's it. I'm done. I'm sorry there are breasts on the Internet.

#7 boltsniper

boltsniper

• Contributors
  • 591 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 12:01 PM

That's pretty cool Renegade. I hope you will be able to finish the rifle and keep the webiste updated. If you get it completed your blog with probably serve many people well in the future. Good luck with it and let me know if I can answer any questions for you.

I have your blog bookmarked...

Paint it anything bright and you should be fine. I painted a thread on coupler blaze orange and just thread that on the muzzle when I use it outside. I haven`t been stopped or questioned about it yet. The worst they think it is is airsoft...

Edited by boltsniper, 19 January 2006 - 12:02 PM.

#8 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 12:31 PM

The only problem for me is that I don't want mine to be too realistic looking. I am going to be taking this thing down the street after all.

^ new favorite member.

Loads of people try to make their nerf guns look more like real guns but I think you're the first person to ask about the opposite. This is something I've been concerned about for years.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#9 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 04:14 PM

I kind of see the part that holds back (like you said)...but isn't that just a 'hole' cut out of the Upper Reciever?  And isn't the Upper Reciever 27 inches long?  Looks a little short...could you explain?

This is the back section of the Upper reciever. There is a front section connected with the T-coupler also. Or I will plastic Epoxy another end to it, for easier cutting and dremeling.

As for the color, I'm thinking some Neonish green and flat non gloss black. Will probably have the SPAWN symbol on the mag well. To be even safer, since most use will probably be outside unless I bend some of our indoor rules, the end of the barrel that sticks out of the front will be neonish green. I'll try to keep black to a minimun, and have the majority green. But i'd still like to get that Spawn-ness I'm looking for.

Posted Image

#10 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 05:27 PM

I just was wondering if anyone had any ideas for a good paint scheme that would really make this gun be distinguishable from a real weapon, but not so much as to look stupid.

Red and silver, blue and green, blue and silver, black and yellow... And any number of colors that many nerf guns already are would work. Most of what I would be worrying about is design more than colors, just as long as the entire gun is not flat black and/or silver you should be well off. I've always been concerned about our airsoft guns being real colored (and shaped) when you could have just as much fun with random colors and functional designs (as opposed to modifying existing guns' shapes to fire airsoft bbs).

#11 BloodMoon

BloodMoon

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 07:27 PM

This is the back section of the Upper reciever. There is a front section connected with the T-coupler also. Or I will plastic Epoxy another end to it, for easier cutting and dremeling.

In mine, I'm boring out the two T-couplers to fit over one 27" segment of PVC, and then dremeling out the slots after I've slid the couplers over. I never thought to do it the other way, but sounds good.

As far as the realistic paint jobs, I still like the black color scheme used in all of boltsniper's weapons (that I know of). If you call that a color scheme. I use Krylon Fusion black on most of my weapons. Keep in mind that all of my wars are on private property away from the public, hundreds of feet from any roads even.
We live in an age when pizza
gets to your house before the police.

#12 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 08:23 PM

You could go with seXbow colors...
-I Nerf, there for I am.

QUOTE(baghead @ Oct 25 2006, 09:55 AM) View Post
Ronster reminded me that I should have warned you all Prepare your Bladder for Imminent Release!!!!

#13 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 08:35 PM

Now, I realize that the original upper reciever was one tube with a bored out T-coupler. Can't believe I missed it. But, I only had around 20" of that size left, so was just working with what I had. Plastic Epoxy should make a great seal, but I'll be getting more PVC soon.

Ronster, you're probably suggesting this to BloodMoon, but I would never I mean never paint my FAR seXbow colors. Probably just me, but I really didn't like them. Great quality panit job, but colors just don't suit me.

#14 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 11:10 PM

Ronster, you're probably suggesting this to BloodMoon, but I would never I mean never paint my FAR seXbow colors. Probably just me, but I really didn't like them. Great quality panit job, but colors just don't suit me.

You could go with seXbow colors...

It's Great to know that my Neon Green/Royal Blue Paintjob is the big joke when it comes to Outlandish Paintjob colors...

anyway, Mad Props Renegade on your progress on the F.A.R. and like bolt said, I think it will be a VALUEABLE refrence for anyone who attempts to construct one, asuming you succede that is...

Also for a Good NEON Green, use Racing Finish Brand Paint for Lexan RC car bodies, You should spray it over a basecoat of White Krylon Fusion and Clearcoat it afterwords, unless you want a matte finish.

Edited by baghead, 19 January 2006 - 11:12 PM.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#15 dyeterminatorgen

dyeterminatorgen

• Banned
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 10:56 PM

I really appreciate your help guys. When I do decide to paint it I'll have some pics. :(

#16 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 08:14 PM

I'm finally able to start updating it again. Made more progress on the rifle in the past two days, then in the previous two or so months..... But I will be updating much more often from now on. Just letting everyone know I haven't quit just yet and am still working on it.

#17 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 08:38 PM

Can you upload the video in something other than quicktime?

Edited by Ronster, 05 April 2006 - 08:39 PM.

-I Nerf, there for I am.

QUOTE(baghead @ Oct 25 2006, 09:55 AM) View Post
Ronster reminded me that I should have warned you all Prepare your Bladder for Imminent Release!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users