Best Member Of 05

43 replies to this topic

#26 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 08:17 PM

I'm glad to see so many people are "voting", but nobody's keeping a tally of them or anything.

So, in short, this thread has really become a "Thanking the best members of '05" thread.

So thank those you would like to, but let's cut the voting stuff. There shouldn't be any competition.

And nobody should get bent out of shape for not being nominated. That's just retarded. "Make me feel special! Why didn't anyone nominate me?"

Honestly...

So to begin, my THANKS go out to the entire Admin team, plus Bolt and the numerous others mentioned. As Cx said, keep the fire burning.
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilývatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#27 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 08:58 PM

I vote for Ragornocks 'cause he's the dude. Him or TIS, where would we be if he hadn't banned all those people? If MWMG was still here ungggghhhhh... oh wait he's coming back.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#28 euphemism

euphemism

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 10:20 PM

I've gotta say rototrack, his short tenure here was very influential to the whole community. He and zAnG will continue to be guiding lights for the new members of tommorow. Good luck.

#29 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 10:24 PM

One word...

Googlebot!

Just Kidding... Though I would really like to know who (or what) Googlebot is.

Bolt, Cx, Shinny, TIS, Talio, you guys rock!
As well as all the other nominees.
-I Nerf, there for I am.

QUOTE(baghead @ Oct 25 2006, 09:55 AM) View Post
Ronster reminded me that I should have warned you all Prepare your Bladder for Imminent Release!!!!

#30 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 10 January 2006 - 11:40 PM

I vote for myself because I've probably NERFED in more places with more people this year than all you FUCKERS combined. Ask around.... Seriously, there are few else that have traveled as much as I for Nerf. All in need is SoCal, Midwest and the South and I'm done.

SOME of us Nerf, the rest of us talk about it and paint our blasters to look like movie/anime props.
I hate you.

#31 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 11:48 PM

Rags, you seriously cannot vote my uncle.

Yes, I'm serious about me having an uncle with that name.

Boltsniper, hands down. For both his drinking and nerf accomplishments.

~ompa

#32 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 11:19 AM

All in need is SoCal, Midwest and the South and I'm done.

Can I assume from that statement that you're planning to come to 'Geddon this year? Possibly flying to SENO as well?

Cool. Hope to see you at both.

And congrtulations. I suppose we can consider your efforts to enjoy yourself an "inspiration" to others to get off their asses and shoot someone.
----------||||||||)
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#33 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 05:26 PM

I suppose we can consider your efforts to enjoy yourself an "inspiration" to others to get off their asses and shoot someone.

Amen Brother!
I hate you.

#34 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 09:02 PM

Aman brother!

But are you coming to 'geddon next year..? :)

I would also like to comment Baghead on his valiant efforts this year. He's been managing an entire clan of nerfers, all of which use guns he has personally modded. Not all of you know how painful that can be. Some of these people are so demanding...they don't try to be, but it comes across that way when someone asks you to do something you think you can handle, and three leaking guns later, you're having second thoughts.

That's not really able to be considered contributing to the NIC much, but he did bring Narf out to Fall CAFF 2005, which made the war (because my clan and his were the only people to show up), plus he hosted the recent Narf: WC - 1, whic was a success.

Lastly, if any of you have tried doing what he did to his SS2, you know how much that thing owns...
----------||||||||)

#35 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 10:24 PM

It's to early to tell Falcon, but I'd like to pull it off.

On another note, I'm a HUGE fan of baghead. I respect what he does, and his skills are top notch. And I don't mean his bo-staff or nunchuck skills.
I hate you.

#36 sistermol

sistermol

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 10:39 PM

but DUX really is good cause he's mature and uses appropriate language :)
Without darkness how would we recognize the light?

#37 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 10:41 PM

Sistermol you didnt even join the site untill Jan 2nd 2006. This is the best of 05. I dont think you should even have a say in this. Unless of course you have been reading the sites material for a while.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 11 January 2006 - 10:42 PM.

I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But Iím just not the angel you knew.

#38 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 10:46 PM

We're not DEBATING as to who is the best nerfer or who contributed the most. Like I said before, this thread really is basically a way to thank everyone who made 2005 a successful year in the NIC.

Some random member (no offense to Dux in any way shape or form) who we don't hear a whole lot of nominations for may be a great member in your eyes, but this thread was requesting nominations/accolades for those who contributed the most to the NIC. Whether he is an eloquent speaker or not, you need not argue for his being a more contributing member to the society than the others being thanked in the thread.

Heck, I type in a semi-"wordy" format, but you don't see people thanking me for it. There's no purpose to it.

"I made a healthy contribution to the NIC by typing clearly and with few spelling errors."

So did most everyone else. If you didn't, you'd be banned by now. At least on these forums, lol.

Oh, and for the record, when the owner and founder of the site we're currently posting on uses what you might call "inappropriate" language on these forums just as much as the next guy, it sort-of degrades the compliment you're giving dux...

I agree, though, OMC. Baghead is a great guy. You're gonna have to watch out for that SS2 if youmake it to 'Geddon next year. That thing is pretty freakin' lethal...
----------||||||||)

#39 Richomundo

Richomundo

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 03:51 AM

I vote for chiefthe.

#40 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 676 posts
  • State:Connecticut

Posted 12 January 2006 - 07:29 AM

I find it rather funny that my name randomly popped up here. I barely have a reputation in the NIC yet, let alone made much of a contribution yet. Although the key word is yet... :)

Let the Battle Begin! - WaterWar.net

MANL Record: 3-0 (2 wins on blue, 1 win on red)

USER IS TOO >>FAST>> TO BAN

#41 leftnut

leftnut

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 01:36 PM

All the NJ guys for giving me a place to Nerf, thanks guys. Oh and of course you are included Hersh.
"You are obviously a megalomaniacal insecure little boy stroking your faltering ego with your own hairy palm in order to prove your suedo-alpha male status..."
-BadAssReptileFarmer to Talio

#42 JohnPaul12

JohnPaul12

• Banned
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 11:51 PM

uuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh .
the winner is me!
:o

#43 LiterSize

LiterSize

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 01:51 AM

The Infinite Shindig gets props from me for his latest display of tolerance and attempts at helping people. Nicely. Those that have been mentioned already, etc. And every forumer that saw the troll's posts and chose NOT to feed him. Congrats.

#44 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 08:22 PM

uuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh .
the winner is me!
:o

Post like that again and you'll also win yourself a very extended vacation from this site.

Good luck!

Talio.

Edit:

Hehe...looks like you already won.

http://nerfhaven.com...wtopic=5682&hl=
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users