Photo

Best Member Of 05

43 replies to this topic

#1 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 04:26 PM

Well since it's now 2006, I felt that we should decide who has been the most contributing member to the NIC this year, 2005. Who do YOU think has contributed the most to the NIC this year? Who's the best of 05? Post their name and why they are this year's "best member".

Edited by Renegade, 08 January 2006 - 04:27 PM.

#2 Chessler

Chessler

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 06:19 PM

I'd say it's boltsniper.
He provided Instructions for the FAR and GNS, sold Homemade Pistols and was very helpful if you didn't understand something.

He deserves it.

#3 Enigma1313

Enigma1313

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 06:28 PM

I'd say it's boltsniper.
He provided Instructions for the FAR and GNS, sold Homemade Pistols and was very helpful if you didn't understand something.

He deserves it.

Couldnt agree more...In the three months I've been an active member of the NIC, no name sticks out more than bolt's. The FAR alone would've earned him this title...but he didn't stop there, going as far as to create the ever-so beautiful GNS. So, yea, boltsniper should recieve this honor hands down.
"Excellence over Compassion. Hatred over Foregiveness. Dedication before Forfeit. So is the way of the Enigma."
-Excerpt from the Preamble of the Enigma Code.

#4 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 06:50 PM

Shindig and Talio - keeping the forums clean and doing a great job admin-ing.

Cx - still paying for NH and letting us post here.

Bolt - his homemades.

Julie - the video editing for CAFF and...YANO I think? Those are just the ones from '05 (that I remember).

Renegade - you've made some great mods and your Barricade Busters rule.

I'm going to be contributing more and being a less useless member this year, I recently received a digital camera and a Dremel.

Edited by NerfMonkey, 08 January 2006 - 06:51 PM.

SexD Warves

#5 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 07:20 PM

Bolt, Renegade and Starbuck. I don't think I've seen so much contributions by them in one year.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#6 Lukeinator

Lukeinator

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 07:58 PM

Even though I haven't been here a whole year and haven't really contributed anything much. It's been a great learning experience. I've been on a couple other forums where I can't understand a word anyone posts (except for mabye "a" or "I"), but the Haven is a very well run site. And for that, I must thank Talio and Shinny. They some how manage to keep a very clean forum, even though alot of the new members don't seem to follow the COC even with many reminders.

Thanks again, and keep up the good work.
Ride it like it's stolen.

#7 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 08:09 PM

Shindig and Talio - keeping the forums clean and doing a great job admin-ing.

Cx - still paying for NH and letting us post here.

...and for putting up with everyone's BS.

And Spoon, for managing (as far as I know) to not post a single time anywhere except under Nerf Wars for an entire year.

"My beloved 3k!!! Did you guys know that 3k's are being sold in twin packs now?" - Spoon

"I've watched you log on, click straight into Nerf Wars, see that nothing has to do with you, and log back off.  God forbid if you were to actually check the forums once in awhile, you'd find out about these things a lot sooner.  Did you know the 3B is being rereleased soon too?" - Cxwq

"They're re-releasing the 3B?" - Spoon

Honestly, though, I'd have to say TIS, Talio, Cx, and Bolt.

Though Evil should probebly be put up in the running because of what he did to get NHQ back on its feet, giving newcomers a decent place to "learn the ways of the force" again, as it were.

EDIT: Slight correction. He managed a few posts. Two in off topic, and one in GND. But all about himself, really.

Edited by Falcon, 08 January 2006 - 08:17 PM.

----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#8 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 12:05 AM

Other than Cxwq for paying for the site hosting every year and the main reason this site exists, and Talio and TIS moderating, the only other obvious choice in terms of physical NERF contributions would most definately have to be BS. No competition....

#9 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 07:09 AM

I'd like to nominate my wang as the best member of 2005.

Unless I've missed a vital key to this idea.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#10 Death

Death

Ass-Kicking Overlord

• Contributors
  • 226 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 09:06 AM

I'd like to nominate my wang as the best member of 2005.

Unless I've missed a vital key to this idea.

Talio.

Seconded.

Vote Talio's Tallywhacker for President in 2008!

DEATH

Let a man never stir on his road a step
without his weapons of war;
for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise
of a spear on the way without.  --Hávamál 38

#11 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 08:53 PM

Soooo...Vote for Predo?

Yo no comprendo...

Bolt- He has given me much help for homemades be either mocking his concepts, trying to build onto them, or just getting an idea from him overall.

cx- for lettign me back on the site and seeing me out. And for paying for the site, but that's a given.

Tal- for being him...jeeze there's not much to it but to vote for him now. He always seems to tell people off using his viking rage yet it is just so conforting to see someone taking action like that on the forums.

TIS- great moderating skills, but again, a given.

That's about it for my pickings.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#12 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 09:26 PM

cx- for lettign me back on the site and seeing me out. And for paying for the site, but that's a given.

Cx has proven his compassion more than once for this site's forum members. He continues to better this community, and provide it for us year after year.

Cx even organized the Folding @ Home which I regretably dropped out of due to my father's wishes. He's helped build a team spirit here by getting us involved in positive activities, all from the comfort of our geeky computer chairs.

Even still, Talio's sack wins all the marbles, just because.

He's a viking for christ's sake.
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#13 ItalionStallion

ItalionStallion

• Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 09:31 PM

Id vote just the entire admin crew.

TIS, CX, Talio all you guys for keeping shit straight.

#14 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 10:17 PM

1.) Cx - of course, as said many a time...need I repeat?

2.) Shinny - for diligent admin work, and the necessary reminders of the CoC

3.) bolt - as said before...and for being so damn creative. The guns of course; but that projector was pretty kick-ass too!

4.) Talio - Ye olde Norse administratione. Not to mention his entertaining twist on things makes me smile. :unsure:

5.) Piney - idea contribution, mature wisdom, settles arguments. I just plain like him.

Congrats to the recognized souls above. You truly define the contributive Nerfer.
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#15 sistermol

sistermol

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 10:32 PM

Dux- for settling arguments between people
:unsure:
Without darkness how would we recognize the light?

#16 ogopogo

ogopogo

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 10:49 PM

Starbuck his mods have been so easy to follow. Bolt to his homemades are out of this world.

#17 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 10:54 PM

Dux- for settling arguments between people

That's only because I've held more admin/mod positions than I have fingers in the water war community. You get quite used to dealing with people after years of running/moderating forums.

Heh, but I don't deserve anything, seeing as I haven't made my contributions to the NIC...yet.

The Administration as an entity gets my "vote" for obvious reasons.

United Nerf Ops - The premier northeast US nerf club serving the tristate area (NY, NJ, CT)
NYC Nerf Ops - Nerf in New York City itself
NJ Nerf Ops - Nerf in New Jersey
CT Nerf Ops - Nerf in Connecticut

UNO also has a Discord server, DM me on Discord to join (@vincentdrake)

-----------------------------------------------
My other groups:
Nerf Thrifters - A group for posting thrifts and other second-hand finds

#18 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 11:58 PM

Admins aside. I would like to vote for Renegade,starbuck,baghead and nerfmonkey. I only signed up to this place half way through 2005 so keep that in mind.

Admin of the year I guess would have to be Cx for paying for the site even though he hasnt returned a single one of my pm's. His underboss Shindig has been doing well cleaning up the forums lately so he gets my vote.

Damn I didnt get a single nomination. I would have spent even more time finishing/posting my mods if I knew this thread was coming. Expect some cool stuff coming sooner and later in 2006!
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#19 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 12:52 AM

Admins aside. I would like to vote for Renegade,starbuck,baghead and nerfmonkey. I only signed up to this place half way through 2005 so keep that in mind.

Admin of the year I guess would have to be Cx for paying for the site even though he hasnt returned a single one of my pm's. His underboss Shindig has been doing well cleaning up the forums lately so he gets my vote.

Damn I didnt get a single nomination. I would have spent even more time finishing/posting my mods if I knew this thread was coming. Expect some cool stuff coming sooner and later in 2006!

I'm pretty sure you could blow the entire forum and we still wouldn't like you. Or at least I wouldn't. That would be gross.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#20 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 02:42 AM

While other people have created/posted quite a few nice mods, no one has done anything as ground breaking or as far-and-beyond as Bolt with his FAR and Grammatron pistol.

#21 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 11:46 AM

Admin of the year I guess would have to be Cx for paying for the site even though he hasnt returned a single one of my pm's.

Don't feel special, I have about two hundred unanswered PMs in my inbox at this point, many of them from my admin team. The new job has curtailed my online time significantly, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. <-- posted this from the office!

Just to set the record straight, and because I've seen the finances mentioned so many times, it's not just me paying the bills. VACC's checking account has been instrumental in keeping the site running for the last three years.

Thanks to Shinny and Talio for filtering out the scum. Thanks to Julie for the pics and videos. Thanks to Piney for perspective. Thanks to ompa for being helpful pretty much all the time. Thanks to Groove for continuing to be the sexiest nerfer alive and thanks to Spoon for his mom.

Thanks to the community for keeping the fire burning.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#22 LDM

LDM

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 04:05 PM

Pineapple's posts never cease to make me smile. He always offers good tips, some which can be, and should be, applied outside of Nerf. Plus, he's an overall cool guy, who's helped with some personal things.

#23 Rip32

Rip32

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 04:42 PM

I think either Cx, Starbuck, or boltsniper should be nominated best member of 05. All have contributed so much, and this site woulden't be what it is without them, and this site woulden't even be here without Cx.

Edited by Rip32, 10 January 2006 - 04:46 PM.

http://www.break.com...iencechild.html
Funniest video ever. This kid needs some serious help

#24 Peter

Peter

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 04:46 PM

I vote for all the people who have given their best effort towards their contributions..
Of course, only if their intent was to help others and not obtain recognition..

though the best contributor of all time is still Stefan Mohr.

Edited by Peter, 10 January 2006 - 05:00 PM.

igitur qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum

#25 Ragornocks

Ragornocks

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 04:51 PM

I vote for Larry Chen.
hug the fuck out of 'em, philippe!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users