A New Custom Dart

30 replies to this topic

#26 Matchstick Man

Matchstick Man

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 10:18 AM

edit

Edited by Matchstick_Man, 21 June 2006 - 12:00 PM.

#27 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 02:52 PM

You could also put a dab of hot glue in a little indent in the front of the dart. This would secure the weight, once it dries, enough to put in the Plasti-Dip. Not too tough.

TS

#28 Parapsycho

Parapsycho

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 09:53 PM

That's awesome. I was actually reading about Plasti-Dip this morning for coating foam h2h weapons as opposed to using latex. The thought of using it on darts passed through my mind, but I wasnt sure if it would work. Glad you got it working

This is an awesome idea. I never thought of using anything other than hot glue; not only would 1105s not hurt you as badly, but they would be much easier to find, especially in the grass outside or in the dark. If they made glow-in-the-dark Plasti Dip that would be even better for night. Excellent job

They don't make glow-in-the-dark Plasti-Dip, but there are ways that you could probably get it to glow. You might be able to dip the dart in white, then spraypaint it with glow paint.
Alternatively, you could find something like this stuff:
http://glowinc.com/S...px?CategoryID=3
and mix it in with clear Plasti-Dip and see if it works. You would put the clear/glow layer on last after a few layers of white.

Edited by Parapsycho, 16 November 2005 - 10:15 PM.

#29 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 10:02 PM

You do realize that is going to leave you with a plastic dipped spoon right? It's not like those things have special shields against that stuff.

That is funny. Imagine being my dad and coming home and seeing all the spoons covered in rubber Hahaha. I do like the plastic eye dropper idea. I know at some hardware stores they have these rims in the paint section called "easy pour" They are these little lips that make it pour more narrow out of any can. I'll look into these. I also went to a home depot and Canadian tire in Vaughan today and theyn didnt carry them.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#30 Starsnuffer

Starsnuffer

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 03:05 PM

Would it be safe to use finishing nails/ small headless nails and stick them down the middle of a dart and just hot glue over the end? I'm just curious and cheap.
I'm just a newb, don't hurt me.

#31 Shwifty

Shwifty

• Banned
  • 109 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 02:10 PM

OK i didn't read whether or not someone asked this, Would this dart work in a maverick with PVC barrels? It doesn't seem possible. At least in my barrels only Stefans fit. Stock micros don't.
*Well isn't that SHWIFTY?*
Am I now concidered infamous?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users