Photo

Bolts New Pistol

33 replies to this topic

#26 Crappy Nerfer

Crappy Nerfer

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 02:59 PM

...Havent really nerfed with it yet, other than...shooting my brother.

Be careful doing that Ronster....Your Dad may get mad at you :angry:

Uhh, what? I am confuzzled.
"If one notices a patch of gangrene in a wound on the back of one's hand, one does not simply hope that it gets better over time.

One cuts that shit off at the wrist and learns to masturbate lefty."

- Death

"By BC do you mean Boston College?"

- nerfer34

#27 The Inventor Guy

The Inventor Guy

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 05:43 PM

Or you COULD just make a miniature FAR .__.
Take that concept and shrink it, perhaps?
Using PVC and Brass or PETG or Aluminium as the shells?
It makes sense and is harder than it sounds, sure, but it's a sound deisgn.

-Tidge.

Also active on NerfHQ as Tidge.

#28 Pico10

Pico10

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 02:39 PM

You could easily use ompa's clip system and not have shells.

Where could I find that?...ompa's clip system that is

Edited by Pico10, 08 December 2005 - 02:40 PM.

"Don't ask questions and expect intelligent responses"

#29 Agent X10

Agent X10

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 05:42 PM

Here you go!

About this idea, though, like ompa said, it'd make the handle large to have a clip like his in your handle unless you used small darts. You could try making the clip out of aluminum, like out of those packs of thin aluminum that you can get at ACE, which might bring down size a little bit. I was also thinking about making an AUG inspired homemade with a clip a while back, but the AUG has its clip in the stock. Therefore, I kind of designed a rough system where as the gun was cocked it would slide a shell (or a dart) forward from the top of the clip to the front of the gun, where it slid into the chamber, and then some sort of sliding bolt (this would be all linked and actuated by the cocking handle, in theory) would close on the dart, but that would be highly impractical, waste motion, be hard to execute, and several other things. If shells were used, an electromagnet might be employed to slide the shells up, but it would seem like it would be unreliable, (and it would sadly require batteries).

Ambushbug: Your idea looks very good. As for the air delivery, I would personally try something larger than the RFR's tubing, considering that that may slow down air flow, slightly. The catch/trigger setup might be slightly difficult (usually is :) ), considering that the barrel comes between the trigger and the plunger tube. An armature type deal could be run up on either side to actuate the movement, though. It seems like the catch could be connected and worked by the trigger better in this setup if it used a top catch mech, like on the Maverick and Scout (catching the plunger/pluger tube from the top, instead of from the bottom like on an NF). Anyway, very cool idea.

Edited by Agent X10, 08 December 2005 - 05:45 PM.

"I hear footsteps in the attic!"
"Mice!"
"And foul oaths and curses!"
"Ill-bred mice!"

"I cut brass with my teeth. No, I use a dremel and a cutting wheel." --Ompa

#30 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 06:03 PM

I think I'll go with Tidges idea and making a FAR only on a smaller scale with PVC and CPVC.

As for aluminum, I think I'll pass. I was just going to use small 3/4" or 1" darts. You see, I've never worked with aluminum and when it comes to modding and making homemades, I'm still a noob. :)

New pics tonite!
-I Nerf, there for I am.

QUOTE(baghead @ Oct 25 2006, 09:55 AM) View Post
Ronster reminded me that I should have warned you all Prepare your Bladder for Imminent Release!!!!

#31 The Inventor Guy

The Inventor Guy

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 09:32 PM

Haha, ok. I use aluminium because it fits my darts, it light yet strong and can be used in various applications.
I was also thinking about the idea where you cock the gun by pushing the stock in: it would be exactly like a BBB with the trigger in the front grip. Think about that.

-Tidge.

Also active on NerfHQ as Tidge.

#32 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 06:10 PM

Posted Image

My own thought on this is to 1) extend the barrel more because your range will be crappy with the clip that far up the gun. Maybe give barrel clearance to clip about 6 or 7 inches. 2) make it look like the SMG out of Halo2.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#33 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 11:05 AM

That IS what the SMG from halo looks like! The stock is just not out.
-I Nerf, there for I am.

QUOTE(baghead @ Oct 25 2006, 09:55 AM) View Post
Ronster reminded me that I should have warned you all Prepare your Bladder for Imminent Release!!!!

#34 koolsteve

koolsteve

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 10:54 PM

oh crap thats right! if the clip is all the way in front the air will just escape from the barrel.... p.s how does a nerf shell work? sorry, i searched and i couldnt find it. i saw it mentiond earlier in the post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users